• Entry #3

2 5.41%
  • Entry #4

22 59.46%
  • Entry #5

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

October GDT R.I.P. Monthly Competition

This is a discussion on October GDT R.I.P. Monthly Competition within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by dr_mayus I haven't either, but I think that works even better. If you have played the game ...

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I haven't either, but I think that works even better. If you have played the game you might be conditioned to stay within the games parameters. But since I didn't know anything about BL2 I just went wild and made up whatever I wanted.

Anyways hope you still enter (or don't and give me a better chance of winning )
    Challenge accepted

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

News Team

I'm coming up with my mission now GDT, and I expect to be done with it in a few days. I just thought I'd post to keep the thread hot.

Toggle Spoiler

Rainbow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I added a secondary example as Lasombra PM'd me saying he couldn't enter this month's competition as he knew nothing about Borderlands 2. But I sent him back the same thing as I posted for Example 2 & Lasombra was back in less than 10min with a well informed entry.)

Keep the entries incoming I want to see at least 50 entries in one competition by the end of the year at the moment I have 6 Entries only. I thought you guys would jump on a Borderlands 2 Competition but no not going for that either.

Thanks to everyone that has entered the next competition already. It's appreciated to know some people still like to win things that are up for grabs but i'm getting sick of trolling about voting numbers that's why I created the mailing list thread.

I never played borderlands either.. I totally made up some shit... hope that doesn't disqualify me lol.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    I never played borderlands either.. I totally made up some shit... hope that doesn't disqualify me lol.
    Don't worry about it. I think the made up stuff is going to be more fun to read than the people who just copy stuff out of the game.

I can't wait to see what others have come up with

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

All out of bubblegum.....

only 6 entries? man... thats pretty shitty. Means I have a better chance at being selected this month, but still... only 6? come on people! its free for gods sake!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Roo Commander

Would enter but I have no desire to think of something random about a series I hate.

PRO Member

I dont know how it works but sure i wanna be part of it thx all

Ice Cream Firefighter

Hiya guys just wanted to clear things up a bit. YES as the the good Dr Mayus said, it doesn't matter if you played the game or not just use your imagination & come up with anything really.

Hey scoggs I actually have 7 entries now better chances for those who have entered

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Resident PHD

Also don't forget. If you have never played BL2 before, what could be better than to win this contest and get it for free

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Also don't forget. If you have never played BL2 before, what could be better than to win this contest and get it for free

What the good doctor said! It really is a fun game, and you can't base your trying out of the game on a few people who refuse to play it. Its actually quite entertaining.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Ice Cream Firefighter

Come on guys WTF Enter already. Besides a handful of people do you guys not care if I hold these comps or not. I put alot of time & effort into making these competitions plus $$$$. But I just feel like i'm wasting my damn time with this shit that I probably, NO. That I could be better spending elsewhere, doing things with my kids. If you guys want the comps to disappear just tell me their shit & I will stop making them & I will just choose randoms to give the prize to every month. That would be better than me wasting my time every month.

Seriously what am I doing that's so wrong with these comps. (feel free to suggest ideas because i'm honestly dumbfounded as to why you guys treat this competition like the plague.)

Artemis & TheGen09 both of you are eligible again to enter the current comp.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Galaxy beauty pirate

Man, it really sucks that these comps of yours don't get the attention they deserve. I can see you put a lot of work and effort in them and I would feel sorry if you would stop hosting them.

I don't really think that people are only avoiding (maybe some do) your comps though.. The activity on the site just isn't anymore what it used to be and there is more a lack of interest after the crash imo. I see it with other things (threads in general) and comps as well, not only yours. I mean, MOTM isn't anymore what it used to be, the sig comps died out and other comps don't get much attention either.. It's a shame really, but that's how things are here atm. I thought it was a bit better during summer holiday, but now that everyone is going to school/work again, it's really quiet overall.

I would really feel greedy if I would enter this comp though.. Would've definitely entered if I hadn't won a fresh new game already. How many entries do you have? Maybe I could ask a friend to join (and join this site as well).
    Maybe you could spam everyone's wall on here.
    Sig by Ramon

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Man, it really sucks that these comps of yours don't get the attention they deserve. I can see you put a lot of work and effort in them and I would feel sorry if you would stop hosting them.

I don't really think that people are only avoiding (maybe some do) your comps though.. The activity on the site just isn't anymore what it used to be and there is more a lack of interest after the crash imo. I see it with other things (threads in general) and comps as well, not only yours. I mean, MOTM isn't anymore what it used to be, the sig comps died out and other comps don't get much attention either.. It's a shame really, but that's how things are here atm. I thought it was a bit better during summer holiday, but now that everyone is going to school/work again, it's really quiet overall.

I would really feel greedy if I would enter this comp though.. Would've definitely entered if I hadn't won a fresh new game already. How many entries do you have? Maybe I could ask a friend to join (and join this site as well).
    Maybe you could spam everyone's wall on here.
    Some very good points you have made Artemis but for me personally i am struggling with my entry for this comp

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Some very good points you have made Artemis but for me personally i am struggling with my entry for this comp
    I'm sure you can come up with something. I only see you play Borderlands 2 all day long.

O, how I miss those days of activity *insert dramatic music*.
    These competitions however, definitely makes this site more fun for me (as I have also became a bit less active than before).
    Sig by Ramon

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I'm sure you can come up with something. I only see you play Borderlands 2 all day long.

O, how I miss those days of activity *insert dramatic music*.
    These competitions however, definitely makes this site more fun for me (as I have also became a bit less active than before).
    I have entered the comp.

Rainbow in the dark

Its because people lack the imagination to think of something, the main problem being that they havent played the game yet and for some reason thinking they aren't eligible to enter because of it even though you clearly stated that wasn't an issue.
    I've had a few replies back saying exactly that after spamming there walls.

You should probably cancel this contest if you don't reach at least a 20 entry minimum.
    Won't be much fun for me if i only have like 6 others to compete against... Not too mention if i should lose against such low numbers lol.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Ice Cream Firefighter

Its because people lack the imagination to think of something, the main problem being that they havent played the game yet and for some reason thinking they aren't eligible to enter because of it even though you clearly stated that wasn't an issue. I've had a few replies back saying exactly that after spamming there walls.
    Maybe these changes to the examples might help

Toggle Spoiler

You should probably cancel this contest if you don't reach at least a 20 entry minimum.
    Won't be much fun for me if i only have like 6 others to compete against... Not too mention if i should lose against such low numbers lol.
    I would not do that to the integrity of my contests. But this is what I will do:

Less than 10 Entrants - Everyone is a finalist

Less than 20 Entrants - I will PM each entrant with A Who Am I Description? Based on a PS3 Game Character
    The first 5 people to correctly guess the character will be the finalists

More than 20 - Business as Normal

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Synthwave <3

Just submitted my entry. Sry it took me so long to think of something. Thx for holding these contests, GDT. They are really generous and creative of you.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Its plugged into the wall

Just out of curiosity how many have put an entry in the competition as of yet?

And I personally really appreciate what you do, but you should maybe in the future not have game specific questions.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Just out of curiosity how many have put an entry in the competition as of yet?
    gyro you already know as I sent you what entry you are, but for everyone else there are now 10 entries

And I personally really appreciate what you do, but you should maybe in the future not have game specific questions.
    That's just it I didn't ask a game specific question everyone has just confused it for that. Yes I used the game name Borderlands 2 but I do not want a game fabricated answer. I'm looking for

CREATIVITY & ORIGINALITY

@Everyone, I Will Admit That Maybe It Wasn't Clear Enough With How
    I Worded The Competition But & I'm Sorry.

Take A Look At The New Examples I Have Posted & You will see I'm not even looking
    looking for borderlands just your imagination & a small amount of your time
    each month to bother entering & voting on them

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast