• Entry #3

15 62.50%
  • Entry #4

2 8.33%
  • Entry #5

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

November GDT R.I.P. Monthly Competition

This is a discussion on November GDT R.I.P. Monthly Competition within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Entries are now closed Sorry These are the top 5 entries that I have picked for you guys to vote ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

November GDT R.I.P. Monthly Competition

Entries are now closed Sorry

These are the top 5 entries that I have picked for you guys to vote for. After voting please inform us why you picked the entry you did, because after the finalist has been decided, I pick a voter & they automatically win a $20 PSN card from the voters that made a post with their vote ONLY.

Take any 2-3 items, any item, real or imaginary & make a weapon out of them.

Please tell us
    1. What is the name of your weapon?
    2. What items you used
    Then explain how the weapon works.

Entry #1
    Weapon: The Spiky Ball

Materials: Spike ball, Chain, a Rifle's cannon W/Scope.

Description: A potent rifle's cannon that uses a spike ball for ammunition. It is attached with a chain to the cannon's inner parts so it returns inmediately after breaking it's way through hordes of zombies. Has increased accuracy thanks to the scope it has attached.
    Entry #2
    The Weapon: The Skullbine Harvester

Components: Electric Waffle Iron, Beartrap and a Wind Turbine.

How to make one at home: Place the wind turbine horizontally on your worktable. Open it up and rearrange parts so your lower arm can get stuck in there and make sure the wind turbine is still operative. Carefully place the waffle iron inside the beartrap so you "fill out" the beartrap, without actually setting off the beartrap. Kids, get an adult to help you with this part, since waffle irons could be deadly! Now fasten the two components (preferably with gaffa tape) and fasten it to the front of the wind turbine. Plug in the last cables so both the wind turbine and waffle iron is active. Now wear the wind turbine as if it was a glove. So next time there is a giant mob of zombies, aliens or angry overprotective parents simply hit them (preferably in the head) so the beartrap activates, decapitating them. The waffle iron heats up the heads so it would lastly slide down and get chopped up by the wind turbine... Happy slaughter!
    Entry #3
    The Weapon: Pooh Bear Ant Manifesto
    The Items Used: 1 captured northern Black Bear, 2 active bee hives w/honey & a fire ant farm

How It Works: Place a bee hive on each of the bears hands, and smear honey on its arse and smash the fire ant farm at the honey butt. The fire ants will send the bear into a frenzy, thus flailing its arms at the enemies, shooting bees galore.
    Upgraded Pooh Bear Ant Manifesto 2.0 - 1 captured black bear which is in heat/mating season, same as above but with a happy ending (for the bear) if it gets too close
    Entry #4
    The Weapon: Destructo - Pop
    The Items Used: a fish bowl, your favorite brand of popcorn, and a flamthrower (optional - favorite movie)

How It Works: Stuff the bag of popcorn into the fishbowl. Place fishbowl atop and around target's head.
    Heat popcorn / target. Two birds with one stone. You have popcorn to snack on after you've killed your enemy.

BONUS - You can now watch your movie if you brought one.
    Entry #5
    "Name: Ultra Rainbow Ferti-cementer x2000 (also called Stenchy Guardian for short)

Items: Concrete/Cement Mixer, Hoover (preferably Dyson, with a shoot end) & Fertilizer (can be mixed with any substances for special effects)

How It Works: The concrete mixer will mix the fertilizer which can also have substances added to it for special effect, where the concrete mixer will be able to moist and make your fertilizer easier to move around (like with the cement). The hoover will be attached and build into the fertilizer, also put on reverse which will be able to blow the fertilizer at nasty enemies. This is perfect for marking out the area or defending a certain place, making the fertilizer stun enemies and take them out form a distance. Also the area marked with the fertilizer will be un-crossable as the smell is too bad and no nosepeg will help. You'll be able to attach it to your back and walk around with it, as well as have it on a manual stand. The hoover will shoot out only when the button is pressed and has a range of 50 meters. The device can also be used as a standard fertilizer spreader for your crops, and can also collect fertilizer by sucking it in, as well as other things.

WARNING: We are not responsible for any friends lost due to the awful stench you will be in. We are also not responsible for your parents making you live on your own. Do not use at home, can be quite damaging. It does not create rainbows"
    If there is ever a tie for 1st or 2nd places, I will sort it out with a small challenge. All involved with the tie will make another entry & there will be another poll for a day to decide the tie breaker. I then use my vote to break the tie officially.
    Thanks to
    Enviouswrath for thinking of this idea.

Awesome Banner Worked On By The Great stupot00...
    Now On
    October's Entry Condition
    If you could be a NPC Character in one of the Borderlands 2 DLC packs
    Explain what mission would you have the player complete & what you would name the trophy?

October GDT R.I.P. Official Entries

ReinerReiner

Mission:

Merchant: Howdy. You have come a long way, you have spent countless hours to get to this point. Now there is just one more small task. Now to face your final foe you need this key.... But before I can give it to you I need a favor. I need for you to collect 120 Claptraps which are scattered all over the wasteland. I don't need them for any particular reason just to drag gameplay out more and to annoy people with pointless collecting missions.

Player: MOTHERF#%KER!

So Close But Yet So Far
    For wasting your time with pointless collectables
    But 2nd place ended up having the final laugh because he cunningly hid the prizes on Reiner. Reiner ended up picking the low prize so 2nd place got to cash in on Reiner's win

That ruthless member is.....
    scoggs34scoggs34
    Now I forgot to ask Reiner to pick where he wanted to place the prizes for scoggs34 to choose from,
    so I asked Ac3 instead & scoggs ended up getting the 1st place runner up prize.

scoggs34 will still be able to enter this comp as he never actually won he just took most of the winners prize

I have decided who the voter is who automatically
    wins a $20 PSN Card & that member is

dr_mayusdr_mayus

Because of his way of promoting this competition.
    But also as a thankyou for his own entertaining
    Trivia challenge that vettes loves so much,
    like a cat & a ball of yarn. Yeah I seen it LMAO.

Every month I will be making different & fun conditions to enter.

Keep your entries reasonably clean & respectful eg. not too vulgar, rude or inappropriate.

PM me your entries, posting your entries anywhere else will make that entry null & void. Now this doesn't mean you can't enter you just have to make another.

I will PM you back to confirm your entry within 24-48hrs max. If I feel you need to change something I will let you know.

Entries are accepted from the 1st of the month until the 14th of the Month.

*NEW* Once I have confirmed the entry, that's it, there is no changing it.

The top 5 answers that I pick will be posted here on the 15th of the month for the remainder, so you guys can vote for the winner.

Everyone is eligible to enter so tell your friends to join now.

*NEW* Some entry conditions will be based off certain games but your answer will not require prior knowledge of the said game.

*NEW* When Voting for your favourite entry please provide a reason why you picked that entry, you could win a $20 PSN Card if you do. (not essential, but if you want to win, just do it)

*NEW* That winning voter does have to provide a reason for their entry pick, but I could choose any reason why they win. It could be just because I had a good convo with them, Encouraging more Entries/Voting, What they have contributed & done for the site. Anything really.

*NEW* Finalists, You HAVE to vote it's courteous to your fellow finalists as they have done the same & you can't vote for your own entry or I will ask you to pick again.

*NEW* Winners can't re-enter: New Game for 4 months, $50PSN 2 months & $20PSN for 1 month. But atm I am contemplating making the winners honorary GDT R.I.P. Finalist Selectors. If they want the position that is.

The winner will be made public with the following months competition & another thread will be posted with all the previous entries.

*NEW* Prizes will be paid on or around the 19th of the month as I get paid monthly & I don't spend my savings as that's my daughters futures.

NO CAMPAIGNING will be tolerated & no begging me to be put your entry into the top 5 for it will make me put you in the bottom 5 no questions asked.

The Winner will be given the chance to pick from 3 chests,
    each chest will have prizes of different values.

is your choice of a new game for any system up to $100AUD
    +
    is a $50PSN Card + Pick a Friend to PRO-Grade
    +
    is a $20PSN Card + Pick a Friend to PRO-Grade
    Now For A Small Twist..........
    The 2nd place runner-up gets to pick what prize goes where for the winner to choose from.
    If the winner selects the chest compliments from their runner up. They win the small prize &2nd place can then pick their own chest with these prizes.........

$50 PSN Card
    $20PSN Card
    Pick a Friend to PRO-Grade
    I'm Always Planning Ahead. If I don't spend the whole $100 on the competitions prizes in any given month, that money will be put away for my Christmas Bonus Competition in December where the competition won't stop until all the money is gone!!!

Bonus Christmas Competition Funds - $70
    Additional Info

Toggle Spoiler

Please tell us
    2. What items you used

Try to refrain from using guns or swords as those item answers will not interest me as much as the unusual items. Look at my examples below, they don't need to make sense, they just need to be as funny as phuck
    Example 1:
    The Weapon: Propelled Venomizer
    The Items Used: Electric Kitchen Beater & Snakes
    How It Works: I locked the snakes tails into where the beaters go, so now when I start the beater, it starts flinging the snakes round & round at high speed, excreting their venom over a 5ft radius
    Example 2:
    The Weapon: Half Baked
    The Items Used: Candy, Explosive & A Diabetic Horse
    How It Works: I strap up the horse with the explosive which is set to detonate when the horses heart stops beating. After spotting the enemy I would feed the diabetic horse the candy & give it a slap to send it their way & wait for the fireworks.
    Example 3:
    The Weapon: Insult To Injury
    The Items Used: A Towel, Water & A Ultima Destruction Spell
    How It Works: I place the Ultima spell in the corner of the towel, then wet it for a towel slap from hell with a BIG finisher.
    So Think Creative & out of the box, take your time & come up with your
    perfect answer before entering or just enter You have until the
    15th November

So think creative & out of the box, take your time come up with your perfect answer before entering or just enter you just don't know until you have a go at it.
    the 5 top answers that I pick will be posted on 15th November for you guys to pick the winning entry!

Enter This Comp Here
    The Story So FarGDT's Tales of the Warrior #2
    Want to be put on the mailing list so you don't
    miss out on my comps GDT Competition Mailing List

Winning is no fun if you are the only entrant so after you enter could you please make a short post about anything to keep the thread hot in new threads so others will notice the competition & can enter as well. Thank you everyone

Last edited by great_daze_tazer; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

News Team

Awesome, I'll think something up.

Toggle Spoiler

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Yup, I'm definately going to give this a go. I can see some mad crazy weapons about to be made up in here and i look forward to it. I particularly like your 3rd example GDT

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

All out of bubblegum.....

Lets try and get over 50 submissions this month folks! Its free prizes for a few minutes of brain power spent! Awesome contest GDT, keep it going man!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

PRO Member

Will definitely get something entered in the competion and here's your FB link.

[url=Option][img]value[/img][####]

Just replace the word "option" with your FB link and the word "value" with you picture link and change the hash tags to /url
    Sig and Avy made by Achantion
    Trophy Checklist

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Will definitely get something entered in the competion and here's your FB link.

[url=Option][img]value[/img][####]

Just replace the word "option" with your FB link and the word "value" with you picture link and change the hash tags to /url
    I tried & failed i'm shit with computers but I will get it. But 1 thing I don't understand is how my examples were taken from the quote boxes without me touching them

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I tried & failed i'm shit with computers but I will get it. But 1 thing I don't understand is how my examples were taken from the quote boxes without me touching them
    Was going to try an help ya out but it looks like you got it fixed while i was typing.
    Trophy Checklist

News Team

Hey GDT, I posted on the FB status to try and get you some more entries.

Toggle Spoiler

Resident PHD

Wait I won something as well Thanks GDT wasn't expecting that . That will go towards the new R&C game (which I am writing the guide for.)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

News Team

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Wait I won something as well Thanks GDT wasn't expecting that . That will go towards the new R&C game (which I am writing the guide for.)
    Lol he saw that post from me?

Toggle Spoiler

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Was going to try an help ya out but it looks like you got it fixed while i was typing.
    Yeah, when I stopped the copy & paste & manually typed it in instead it worked well. But because I opened the editor it screwed with the comp from Nov Condition all the way down to the bottom of the page even though I never changed shit down there.

I get this all the time & it's starting to piss me off I spend hours getting the comp to look the way I want but when I hit preview it resizes the words, splits 1 quote tag into 2 or more making what I want to quote look like shit, reverts from colours back to black & everytime I fix it & hit preview again it sends everything back to where it was when it was screwed.

A 1hr job takes me 8-9hrs because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Hey GDT, I posted on the FB status to try and get you some more entries.
    Cheers mate

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Ice Cream Firefighter

I have finally fixed everything up & now the comp should be ready to go. If you notice something that is out of place please let me know.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or the PS3T word editor has shat itself but I just spent the last 2hrs trying to change a stupid link to the colour red but everytime I did the colour removed the links. Either way i'm in a crappy mood now so i'm logging off, the couple of simple changes that I made took me over 13hrs when it shouldn't have been more than 30min.

Goodluck with your entries everyone & I will see you all later on

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Kiwi Defender

Sent my entry not long ago, good luck to everyone .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

OK am I stupid (don't answer that) but I can't find the requirements for the November contest? I have read the post 3 times and I can't see it. I want to enter but I don't know what we are doing

Resident Deadhead

OK am I stupid (don't answer that) but I can't find the requirements for the November contest? I have read the post 3 times and I can't see it. I want to enter but I don't know what we are doing
    your not crazy, i cant find it either.
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Galaxy beauty pirate

Awesome competition! I already can't wait to see the entries as I think there will be a lot of funny ones.

Roo Commander

I might, might try and come up with something and enter but don't hold your breath lol.

You're doing this:

Please tell us
    2. What items you used

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I might, might try and come up with something and enter but don't hold your breath lol.

You're doing this:

Please tell us
    2. What items you used
    Thanks Feral, where did you see that because it is not in the OP (or at least I cannot see it).

Huge Gaming Backlog

This months idea is great. Good work GDT.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

PRO Member

Got my entry in.
    Really looking forward to seeing what others come up with.
    Trophy Checklist

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast