Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next official site competition

This is a discussion on Next official site competition within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; I am planning on starting to get together another site competition for after the CoD: Black Ops 2 Plat Race ...

Game Forum Managers

Next official site competition

I am planning on starting to get together another site competition for after the CoD: Black Ops 2 Plat Race gets finished.

I am wondering what type of competition the community would like to see and for what game since there isn't really anything coming out in the next month that is major enough for a Site Competition.

Please post your thoughts on what type of competition you would like to see and what game we should be competing in whether it be a new game or old and why you think.

MERRY QWARKMAS

What about Playstation Allstars coming out tomorrow. If it isn't a race we could always do a tournament.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY DSLUCKAY AND UBER-SEXY PLATBAR BY IN2

Game Forum Managers

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    What about Playstation Allstars coming out tomorrow. If it isn't a race we could always do a tournament.
    Well already a response and a really good one at that. Lets see how good the game does in the beginning and see what people think of it.

PRO Member

Booooooooooooo!

Madden 13 tournament would be fun. Like a bracket single elimination or something like that
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18//GDT COMPs bar by djunglist

Kiwi Defender

How about a multiplayer tournament, (like those we used to have on Battlefield Bad Company 2)? One of the games that we could do this on would be Black Ops 2, or even the Smah Bros. wanna-be clone coming out later this month (which would be perfect for a tournament competition).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Kid, not loser

I would say a tourny for PSAS, or something else. We also have Farcry 3 coming out, but idk how the mp will be for it but a plat race for it might be cool.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Finally GTA V done.

Perfect, I'll be up for a PS Allstars tournament.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm biased on this, but I'm getting tired of the platinum races since not only do I have no want/need to participate in them, they just don't have that, "I'm going to kick your ass!" type of competitive feel to it. Granted, that's just me and I'm sure most would disagree.

So I suggest we move away from practically anything that has to do with trophies for this month or however long. A break, perhaps. Basically just more game-based competitive multiplayer tournaments would work pretty well. Black Ops II and Assassin's Creed III both come to mind straight away in this aspect. Something as simple as meeting up with a team of 4 and doing ACIII's Manhunt mode to see which team can get the best score in a tournament style would give a decently long competition and a fun one too.

Apart from that, as a stretch (given that most artists here have flocked away and gone elsewhere) if there are enough people willing and able, I think a design contest could do well. The forum background wallpapers have been in need of some new skins for quite some time now. That could potentially be an option, but definitely wouldn't be as open to very many members as would a competitive multiplayer competition.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

MERRY QWARKMAS

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    So I suggest we move away from practically anything that has to do with trophies for this month or however long. A break, perhaps.

So a Trophy website should move away from anything that has to do with trophies...

I see what you are saying though, as a trophy comp isn't for anyone. I myself don't like participating in them anymore, because I don't just want to quickly plat a bunch of easy games, especially now that there is nothing that rents games around me.

Also there are contests for artists (Highway runs his every month) but a large scale site contest (especially one which will impact the look of the site) might be a great idea to get some of the retired artists back in the game.

I think it is really sad that there are so few artists operating anymore. I mean back in the day we had more shops than we have artists now

Kid, not loser

I'm biased on this, but I'm getting tired of the platinum races since not only do I have no want/need to participate in them, they just don't have that, "I'm going to kick your ass!" type of competitive feel to it. Granted, that's just me and I'm sure most would disagree.

So I suggest we move away from practically anything that has to do with trophies for this month or however long. A break, perhaps. Basically just more game-based competitive multiplayer tournaments would work pretty well. Black Ops II and Assassin's Creed III both come to mind straight away in this aspect. Something as simple as meeting up with a team of 4 and doing ACIII's Manhunt mode to see which team can get the best score in a tournament style would give a decently long competition and a fun one too.

Apart from that, as a stretch (given that most artists here have flocked away and gone elsewhere) if there are enough people willing and able, I think a design contest could do well. The forum background wallpapers have been in need of some new skins for quite some time now. That could potentially be an option, but definitely wouldn't be as open to very many members as would a competitive multiplayer competition.
    I like this ideas personally. Although, this is a trophy site, but doing something outside of trophies would be nice ever so often. I say try to make it a TEAM tourny though, too. Have teams to play against one another for like COD or anything else would be cool. Although, it may be difficult to get enough people.

Also, is site trophies awarded for this one? Last time I never got mine, even though I got first and asked for it a couple times.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Finally GTA V done.

Though we might have different opinions on trophies in general but in this case I was hoping for a more competitive "I'm gonna kick your ass" style. Plat race I'm not intrested in really, just looking to beat down some members or at least try to. I also agree I would love to have some competitive sytle touraments, some fighting games come to mind like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Mortal Kombat (though MK is region locked).

Trophy Guide Kitten

ya know, there is always the trophy comp i am hosting right now yall could sign up for that
    K? Thanks

#cutformesa

I'm down for more tournaments like we used to have back in the day. Team or solo, I think it'd be awesome to mow each other down in CoD/Battlefield/Killzone/Resistance. It doesn't have to be a recent release either, necessarily. Everyone who's hung on to their copy of CoD4 could do a tourney or something, for example. Certainly that would be a cheap(er) one to pick up for folks who want to participate.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

PRO Member

What about a webpage design competition? Maybe some prototypes for a revamped PS3trophies webpage.

Or something like a YouTube challenge. Having people advertise the webpage in the most craziest way possibe and record it.

Not sure if this has been done before, or is possible, but what about an LBP/LBP2 pod design competition? I know both these games are older, but it still may have the appeal with the larger community.

Just some thoughts...

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

MERRY QWARKMAS

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Or something like a YouTube challenge. Having people advertise the webpage in the most craziest way possibe and record it.
    I actually like that idea, it could be quite fun.

Also it doesn't have to be official, but I am down for a PSA tourney if others are

Too Hot

Due to so many people having the games, I'd say a Black Ops II or Assassin's Creed III tournament would be best.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the sig and djunglist for the avy

"Industry rule number 4,080: Record people are shady"

> Restart Button <

Obviously, I'm down for a AC3 tourney.

Tournements in general for games would be awesome I think for the whole site.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Game Forum Managers

How many people are down for a Playstation All-Stars tournament?

And of those people what do you guys think? 1 on 1 best?

MERRY QWARKMAS

I'm down

well we could do either 4 player battle or 2vs2

Finally GTA V done.

I'm in if it's Free For All (4 player battles)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast