Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

PS3Trophies.com 4th Annual End of Year Awards

This is a discussion on PS3Trophies.com 4th Annual End of Year Awards within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Originally Posted by jay_hawk How about "Thread Life Supporter" Of The Year a.k.a "The Best Thread Spammer" I don't think ...

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    How about "Thread Life Supporter" Of The Year a.k.a "The Best Thread Spammer"
    I don't think supporting spam is a good idea.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I don't think supporting spam is a good idea.
    True but if the top contributors to threads were to be recognised towards keeping the site alive & popping, maybe certain spam is not a bad idea.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I vote for ...

What about:
    - Trophy hunter of the year
    - Most social/helpful member of the year
    - Funniest member of the year
    - Most annoying person of the year
    - Best looking member of the year
    - Brains (smartest person) of the year

Those are just suggestions that popped into my mind.
    Trophy hunter of the year didnt turn out well as I need an Admin to get me the peeps with the most trophies for the year and they are very busy. In addition to that since we dont remove hackers the numbers can be skewed.

Your other categories are good, but I dont want too many "popularity" categories will everyone will just vote for their friends so they get an award. The member of the year and Booster of the year should be enough to cover the most helpful people on the site, but like I said earlier im not poopsed to best looking member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Angelo VII View Post
    Most Underrated Member of the Year
    This one would just cause problems, and turn into a popularity vote

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    How about "Thread Life Supporter" Of The Year a.k.a "The Best Thread Spammer"
    You know I can't have a category supporting that, if I did that everyone would run out and start spamming up threads to win an award

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    if enough members are willing to submit bikini pics for a poll Ill add that category
    I've got the ol' banana hammock around here somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Trophy Guide Writer of the year, perhaps?
    I feel like Guide of the Year and the other sub-categories are similar enough to this, unless we want to do an honorary award to someone who consistently puts out good guides, but didn't win any of the other awards? Maybe the Guild could vote on this, like a lifetime achievement award at the Oscars?

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

The One and Only

Most Informative Member of the Year.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    How about most suspended member?
    A shame this couldn't be one, because that is hilarious.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Most Informative Member of the Year.
    You know I can't have a category supporting that, if I did that everyone would run out and start spamming up threads to win an award
    Dare has a great idea right there. I couldn't put those words together but that could work.

Ice Cream Firefighter

What about a award for the best thread of the year as this would encourage more people to start their own threads thus meaning more activity. It's a win win IMO. I love the ideas that others have posted except for Curb's idea of wearing his banana hammock. Please..... DON'T. lol

EDIT: Also seeing as there is movie & a tv categories what about best song, best anime, best anime music video. We could even have an award for best recorded kill of the year as I have seen awesome kill vids on YouTube from MW3 & others. Class dunce award lol. Most argumentive award with a penalty of -5rep that might be funny as well.

I don't think you know the site as much as you think you do davey. People will not go out of their way just for a site trophy when I can't convince people to do something as simple as vote in my comps even with the tempting possibility of winning a $20PSN card. I'm not arguing with you but this is a proven fact mate.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    What about a award for the best thread of the year as this would encourage more people to start their own threads thus meaning more activity. It's a win win IMO. I love the ideas that others have posted except for Curb's idea of wearing his banana hammock. Please..... DON'T. lol

EDIT: Also seeing as there is movie & a tv categories what about best song, best anime, best anime music video. We could even have an award for best recorded kill of the year as I have seen awesome kill vids on YouTube from MW3 & others. Class dunce award lol. Most argumentive award with a penalty of -5rep that might be funny as well.

I don't think you know the site as much as you think you do davey. People will not go out of their way just for a site trophy when I can't convince people to do something as simple as vote in my comps even with the tempting possibility of winning a $20PSN card. I'm not arguing with you but this is a proven fact mate.
    I appreciated your ideas right up until the point that you sounded condescending. I just thought I might point out that this is the 4th end of year awards for the site, so trust me I have a pretty good idea of how the voting will go as far as contributions from everyone. Despite what you and some other members of this site think, I have been on this site a very long time and spend a great deal of time on here almost every single day so I know exactly what kind of traffic is going on in the contests. I cant make anyone vote but hopefully the people that are active in the community will vote and get these threads going making them active enough for newer members to get involved in as well. Perhaps you noticed that the award categories are only open for thress days of voting...used to be 5....that's directly related to how long voting seems to stay popular in contests....trust me home slice I have a good idea of whats going on in the forums

Now on that note, I would be open to Best Thread of the Year, my only concern is if people start voting for some lame ass Trains thread just to be funny

PRO Member

Now on that note, I would be open to Best Thread of the Year, my only concern is if people start voting for some lame ass Trains thread just to be funny
    Oh, God no!

How does MotY work? Is it up for the 12 MotMs only?
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Digital Terror

always love these awards

Currently Playing
    Diablo 3 RoS
    Destiny

Leaving today!

How about Easiest & Hardest Plat of the Year?

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Oh, God no!

No its open to everyone, but this year im doing something different and having it as a staff only vote to prevent any groups from voting for their friends to get them the award. I want the vote to be based on who has made the most contributions to help members of the site and the site itself and not a popularity vote.

PRO Member

No its open to everyone, but this year im doing something different and having it as a staff only vote to prevent any groups from voting for their friends to get them the award. I want the vote to be based on who has made the most contributions to help members of the site and the site itself and not a popularity vote.
    Ah, I see. I couldn't remember if it was a staff only vote the last couple years or not. So, then I'm assuming staff members are ineligible for MotY?
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Ice Cream Firefighter

I appreciated your ideas right up until the point that you sounded condescending. I just thought I might point out that this is the 4th end of year awards for the site, so trust me I have a pretty good idea of how the voting will go as far as contributions from everyone. Despite what you and some other members of this site think, I have been on this site a very long time and spend a great deal of time on here almost every single day so I know exactly what kind of traffic is going on in the contests. I cant make anyone vote but hopefully the people that are active in the community will vote and get these threads going making them active enough for newer members to get involved in as well. Perhaps you noticed that the award categories are only open for thress days of voting...used to be 5....that's directly related to how long voting seems to stay popular in contests....trust me home slice I have a good idea of whats going on in the forums

I'm sorry mate I didn't mean to sound condescending, I was just trying to point out that it's hard to get people to do things & IMO I don't think anyone would go out of their way just for a site trophy in the way of a spam category/thread bumper award. I appreciate when people give my thread a bump & I do think it's worth a EOY award & it might make threads more entertaining. With this months GDT I am posting different YouTube Videos to keep the thread fresh as I am showing people that there is other ways to bump a thread rather then a vote image.

I shouldn't have said the site but rather you don't know the members as much as you think. For this much is true, I have tried to get the chance to get to know you better but the only time I ever hear from you is when you are either closing a thread or posting a guide. I even sent you a link to some cosplay pics that I thought you would like & you didn't even say thanks or nothing (Even if you hated it, it's still nice to thank someone if they tried). I know you're in the CB a fair bit but it just doesn't interest me to go there as I am trying to make more forum activity but as you said your staff, you have done this 4X before.

Really what do I know anyway I wasn't present at the very end of last year.

EDIT: Best Thread:Get staff to pick the nominees & have us vote, or vice-versa. It could work.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Trophy Guide Kitten

What about a sexiest member award. BUT you need to provide swim wear pics to qualify. Come on davey, you know you want to show off your summer body before winter hits and you gain a couple pounds.

nvm already been brought up
    K? Thanks

Gone

Trust me that was kicked around in the CB, as well as Most memorable suspension or CB ban Sub would never approve that category though as he wouldnt want to encourage people to break rules to win an award...

However we also kicked around most suspended member and the award was permanent banning instead of the site trophy

Yet there is an award for n00b of the year......... wow

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Oh, God no!

Well we vote for who we think was the best member of the year...then they become extremely inactive and only make special appearances so that the common folks can look up to them (looking at you TG09 )

That's how PS360 won Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    Isn't Noob of the Year just someone that joined the site this year, but made a huge difference

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

NCBE

Bakana. *Sigh*
    Made by DaRe

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Isn't Noob of the Year just someone that joined the site this year, but made a huge difference
    ^^^^^ This N00b of the year is someone that joined this year and got very involved in the site, maing guides, having contests, helping boosting....someone who stands out to everyone...I was going to call it New Member of the Year but N00b sounded more fun and the previous winner of this was Compalicious, ad look where she is now

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm sorry mate I didn't mean to sound condescending, I was just trying to point out that it's hard to get people to do things & IMO I don't think anyone would go out of their way just for a site trophy in the way of a spam category/thread bumper award. I appreciate when people give my thread a bump & I do think it's worth a EOY award & it might make threads more entertaining. With this months GDT I am posting different YouTube Videos to keep the thread fresh as I am showing people that there is other ways to bump a thread rather then a vote image.

I shouldn't have said the site but rather you don't know the members as much as you think. For this much is true, I have tried to get the chance to get to know you better but the only time I ever hear from you is when you are either closing a thread or posting a guide. I even sent you a link to some cosplay pics that I thought you would like & you didn't even say thanks or nothing (Even if you hated it, it's still nice to thank someone if they tried). I know you're in the CB a fair bit but it just doesn't interest me to go there as I am trying to make more forum activity but as you said your staff, you have done this 4X before.

Really what do I know anyway I wasn't present at the very end of last year.

EDIT: Best Thread:Get staff to pick the nominees & have us vote, or vice-versa. It could work.
    No the point in that one is I dont want to encourage people to spam up threads to increase their post count with meaningless nonsense....we have enough people that do that anyway, and much like some of the other suggestions im trying to keep away from awards that can be easily turned into popularity contests rather than help on the site.

As far as not responding to you, it isn't intentional I just get very busy between real work, which is where im at when im on the site, and trophy guides, and TGT duties and hangin in the CB, so sometimes I do get preoccupied. As far as these awards are concerned, being staff has nothing to do with my comment back to you, I was merely trying to point out that Im not new to doing these, and I'm more active on the site than you might think.

As far as Best Thread, what if I gather the top 5 or so of the threads made this year with the MOST views that arent contests or staff threads or guides and then everyone votes on those 5 thoughts?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast