Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

PS3Trophies.com 4th Annual End of Year Awards

This is a discussion on PS3Trophies.com 4th Annual End of Year Awards within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Why is the Platboy of the year on the front page It is bad enough we put the Platboy of ...

Resident PHD

Why is the Platboy of the year on the front page It is bad enough we put the Platboy of the month there every month, but do we really need to showcase off Lightening?

I thought that rotating picture on the front page is supposed to encourage new members to check out the rest of the site, how is that supposed to encourage anyone to take us seriously.

Why don't we use that third picture to advertise some of the different competitions happening right now Jaggy has one, GDT had several, we have the PSA tournament on right now etc.

I know a lot of people on this site like the Platboy, but it doesn't need to be advertised off like this. Why is it the only one of the tons of Year End Awards that gets a front page mention. You all realize that the girls you are admiring are fake right?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Why is the Platboy of the year on the front page It is bad enough we put the Platboy of the month there every month, but do we really need to showcase off Lightening?

I thought that rotating picture on the front page is supposed to encourage new members to check out the rest of the site, how is that supposed to encourage anyone to take us seriously.

Why don't we use that third picture to advertise some of the different competitions happening right now Jaggy has one, GDT had several, we have the PSA tournament on right now etc.

I know a lot of people on this site like the Platboy, but it doesn't need to be advertised off like this. Why is it the only one of the tons of Year End Awards that gets a front page mention. You all realize that the girls you are admiring are fake right?

Synthwave <3

No offense to anyone but I agree. It would be nice to see more things rotated on the front to showcase popular things that are going on here on the site.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    No offense to anyone but I agree. It would be nice to see more things rotated on the front to showcase popular things that are going on here on the site.
    Im not sure if the two of you realize this, but this isnt a complaint thread for what you guys would like to see on the front page.....This thread is for the End of Year Awards. Wether you guys like it or not, guides and Platmates get major traffic on the site and that's why they are in the slider. If others would like to have things showcased in the slider, they need to get with Submerge and talk to him about it, and if he deems it worthy, take the time to do whats needed to have something showcased in the slider.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Im not sure if the two of you realize this, but this isnt a complaint thread for what you guys would like to see on the front page.....This thread is for the End of Year Awards. Wether you guys like it or not, guides and Platmates get major traffic on the site and that's why they are in the slider. If others would like to have things showcased in the slider, they need to get with Submerge and talk to him about it, and if he deems it worthy, take the time to do whats needed to have something showcased in the slider.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a complaint. I just thought it sounded like a good idea. That's good to know though about contacting Submerge for approvals. Thanks!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Sadly the 4th Annual End of Year Awards have come to an end I would like to congratulate all the winners of the categories that qualify for the EoY Site Trophy as well as everyone who contributed during the 2012 year to help make our site the BEST trophy site on the internet. I would also like to thank everyone who supported the End of Year awards by voting for their favorites from 2012. Finally I would like to congratulate the following winners from our staff vote for the Member of the Year awards.

The Award for Staff Member of the Year 2012 goes to...

Compalicious

The Award for Member of the Year 2012 goes to...

bnecker717

Resident PHD

Wow, great reaction from a legitimate complaint. I haven't looked at this thread in awhile so I didn't see this until now.

I just wanted to point out if we are going by threads that get a lot of views my Video Game Picture thread has gotten over 16, 000 views and close to 1200 replies. Meanwhile the thread in question was created 2 months before my thread and has gotten less than 7000 views.

I am not trying to start anything here and this is the last I will post on the matter, but just to point out more than a few people repped me for my post about the Platmate being on the front page like that. So it isn't just my opinion.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Wow, great reaction from a legitimate complaint. I haven't looked at this thread in awhile so I didn't see this until now.

I just wanted to point out if we are going by threads that get a lot of views my Video Game Picture thread has gotten over 16, 000 views and close to 1200 replies. Meanwhile the thread in question was created 2 months before my thread and has gotten less than 7000 views.

I am not trying to start anything here and this is the last I will post on the matter, but just to point out more than a few people repped me for my post about the Platmate being on the front page like that. So it isn't just my opinion.
    Obviously you dont read the posts after that otherwise you would have seen this...

also...dont be a sore loser about the voting because it makes me think of this

its not always about the amount of views that gets you a win, its the quality of the thread

PS...I also got repped for my response from the Emporer so obviously several people agreed

Kiwi Defender

Congratulations, comp and b.

Ignore the horrible english voices.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Gothams Silent Protector

its not always about the amount of views that gets you a win, its the quality of the thread

The Site Mascot

Looks like Copernicus Leslie Qwark's spandex is a bit too tight.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend and brotha DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

The One and Only

Congratz bnecker, Comp, and everyone who won a EoY category this year!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Ice Cream Firefighter

Thanks everyone who voted for me this years EoY Awards presented me with 1 Award, 3 2nd's & 1 4th place & I really couldn't be happier.

#1 Most Generous Member - Thanks Members
    #2 Member Of The Year - Thanks Staff
    #2 Competition Of The Year - Thanks Members
    #2 Thread Of The Year - Thanks Members
    #4 Thread Of The Year - Thanks To Me

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PS420

Damn. Congrats to Comp and Bnecker on those awards! Completely deserving!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Synthwave <3

Thanks so much to everyone for their nominations and votes! I really appreciate it and am still in shock! You guys really made my day(s). Congratulations to everyone else who won and many thanks to Davey for being a great host. This was my first End of the Year Awards and it was a lot of fun. Here's to another great year at ps3t.com.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

funny how the walking dead is number 4 in the most overhyped/disappointing game fo the year and at the same time the best PSN game of the year lol but all in all great list and i'll make sure to try and get all the games in the under-rated games of the year i always wanted to try Binary Domain !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

INTJ

The walking dead is in the most dissapointing and PSN GOTY categorys

what is this shit

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

ISTJ

Grats to everyone who received an award and thanks everyone who voted for me in the categories

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The walking dead is in the most dissapointing and PSN GOTY categorys

what is this shit
    I think that when reading your posts

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature and Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Negator

Congrats to all the nominees, winners, and all the members we've kept, gained, as well as the ones we've lost.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Congratz to all the winners, and all the people that got a pretty little trophy next to their name. Next year, I'll be one of them
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast