Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2013 EoY Awards Voting: Retail Game of the Year

This is a discussion on 2013 EoY Awards Voting: Retail Game of the Year within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Banner provided by dsluckay Retail Game of the Year 2013 Time to show your love for your favorite game this ...

Platmate Editor in Chief

2013 EoY Awards Voting: Retail Game of the Year

Banner provided by dsluckay

Retail Game of the Year 2013

Time to show your love for your favorite game this year. 2013 brought us sequels to some of our most beloved games, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Dead Space 3, and games on both PS3 and PS4 such as Assassin's Creed IV and Battlefield 4. Mixed in with those games, we received new gems such as The Last of Us that quickly became a favorite game of the year to some. Below make your vote for your favorite RETAIL game of the year.

[top]Rules for Voting

• All Games that have a release date between December 5, 2012 and December 1, 2013 are eligible. This means that if the game didn't release during that time please don't vote for it.
    • Please post your vote on the ONE game that you felt was the BEST game of the year for you. This doesn't mean to vote for the most popular, simply vote for your favorite game.
    • All votes are final!! I'm not going to go back and change any votes >:F
    • You may only vote once, please don't spam the thread with unnecessary posts for me to sift through.
    • This is supposed to be fun, please only troll me in PMs
    • This voting thread will close on 12/3

[top]Standings

• The Last of Us 30
    • BioShock Infinite 13
    • GTAV 8
    • Diablo III 7,
    • Ni No Kuni 4, Tomb Raider 3, Dead Space 3 2, Beyond: Two Souls 2, Tales of Xillia 2, Saint's Row IV 1, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 1, Dragon's Crown 1,
      FIFA 14 1
    Last edited by DaveySantaHoff; 12-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My vote goes to The Last of Us.

Such a good game, the story and characters are unforgettable.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Notorious K.I.D.

Have to put my vote down for Diablo 3. I would have voted for Bioshock: Infinite due to it's phenomenal story, but there's something about the loot grinding in D3 that I just love. i haven't replayed a game so many times in such quick succession since I first found FF: Tactics back in the day.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Editor in Chief - Editorials

This year the competition is extremely strong. All year long we've seen some absolutely fantastic games, including Ni No Kuni, Far Cry 3, BioShock: Infinite, and Grand Theft Auto V.

My vote, however, goes to The Last of Us because reason

Kiwi Defender

Haven't played many new games this year, but having played BioShock Infinite for a couple of hours, I think it is the best game of the year, so I'm voting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This year the competition is extremely strong. All year long we've seen some absolutely fantastic games, including Ni No Kuni, Far Cry 3, BioShock: Infinite, and Grand Theft Auto V.

My vote, however, goes to The Last of Us because reasons.
    Wasn't Far Cry 3 released last year ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It was but between the time frames that Davey placed in the rules. In terms of NA release of December 4,2012 and if the NA date will not work than Ni No Kuni shouldn't be able to win either because it wasn't originally released this year either.

This one is pretty tough for me. I loved Far Cry 3 but the weird shading on the PS3 version kinda irked me but this game was amazing and kept me intrigued on what was going to happen next and it was an open world which I enjoyed for a change.

The Last of Us is right up there as well but the game was too short.

Ni No Kuni awesome on all accounts.

Beyond Two Souls haven't played it. Same for Bioshock Infinite (still sealed)

My vote is going to be for

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome pacing
    collectibles galore (which I love)
    several different missions/challenges that make sense to be included in the game
    large variety of wildlife
    Awesome story
    Only glitched once for me where my partner online could not move and was stuck and I was at the last part of the last co op mission to get the final trophy and the platinum. No biggy though will go back and get it eventually.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Diablo III.

Step closer to the big 50

Grand Theft Auto V

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Haven't played many new games this year, but having played BioShock Infinite for a couple of hours, I think it is the best game of the year, so I'm voting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    It was but between the time frames that Davey placed in the rules. In terms of NA release of December 4,2012 and if the NA date will not work than Ni No Kuni shouldn't be able to win either because it wasn't originally released this year either.

This one is pretty tough for me. I loved Far Cry 3 but the weird shading on the PS3 version kinda irked me but this game was amazing and kept me intrigued on what was going to happen next and it was an open world which I enjoyed for a change.

The Last of Us is right up there as well but the game was too short.

Ni No Kuni awesome on all accounts.

Beyond Two Souls haven't played it. Same for Bioshock Infinite (still sealed)

My vote is going to be for

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome pacing
    collectibles galore (which I love)
    several different missions/challenges that make sense to be included in the game
    large variety of wildlife
    Awesome story
    Only glitched once for me where my partner online could not move and was stuck and I was at the last part of the last co op mission to get the final trophy and the platinum. No biggy though will go back and get it eventually.
    You're right, that's my fault. I forgot I held open the voting for games till the 4th just to include FC3 in last years voting while it was fresh on everyone's mind. I fixed the date for this year...please choose another game MAX

Far Cry 3 actually came in 2nd place last year

Change is good

My vote hands down goes to BioShock: Infinite. No game I have ever played made me think deeply about the characters I was interacting with, the environments I was viewing with great pleasure, and how everything ties together while simultaneously blowing shit up.

One of my favorite games of all time, an instant classic in my eyes.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I wish I had the time to play the Last of Us; I have a feeling it would have made for a harder decision. My pick is Bioshock Infinite. It was a solid gaming experience. I enjoyed the collectibles, the different difficulty settings, the visual, the story and the characters. A very memorable game.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Saints Row IV [8%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Goons everywhere

I do have Bioshock Infinite and GTAV coming in the mail soon however I haven't play them yet so my vote is going for Diablo III. There are not many games the minute I play and just want it right away but Diablo III was one of them so there's my vote Diablo III

O_o

Though you can't beat the performances of Joel & Ellie in The Last of Us, I feel the game was wasted on the PS3, as it was very restrictive. If it would've been pushed to the PS4 it would be the game to carry the system.

My vote goes to Grand Theft Auto V; a great bookend to an entire console generation.

Labels

The Last of Us. Just such an amazing overall game.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

PRO Member

The Last of Us gets my vote

Lvl 6 - Silver

haven't played the Big Titles this year such as Bioshock Infinite, The Last of us and GTA 5 and Diablo 3 but i am going with Bioshock Infinite i just love the Bioshock series cause they represent something different and special in the Video games industry and the only reason i haven't played it till now is because i ordered the CE from US and haven't visited my aunt since then so didn't get a chance to pick it up since then hopefully this Jan during my mid year college vacation......All in all Bioshock Infinite all the way

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

The _ is silent.

The Last of Us.

Hands down, without a doubt, best game of all time. I will keep a copy of the game and my ps3 until I have kids and they get old enough to play the game. It's that good.

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Bioshock infinite for me absolutely loved that game!

PRO Member

Saints row Iv
    Bringing the trophys to YOU whatcha gunna do.

Break from gaming

Does the first Mass Effect count? If so that gets my vote, if not I'll go for The Last of Us

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast