Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interview - ant1th3s1s (MotM March 2014)

This is a discussion on Interview - ant1th3s1s (MotM March 2014) within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Welcome, folks, to the March 2014 MotM interview with the one and only ant1th3s1s. I went a bit off-book with ...

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Interview - ant1th3s1s (MotM March 2014)

Welcome, folks, to the March 2014 MotM interview with the one and only ant1th3s1s. I went a bit off-book with this one, so please excuse the length; instead of a formal sit-down interview with a script and a focus, we chose to approach this one as just two mates sitting down to shoot the shit, and we ended up having a chinwag for something like 4 hours.

At one point we did plan to terminate the interview, but much like a weird relative visiting you who you've managed to get to the door and is about to leave, I suddenly had a whole new set of questions to ask.

We chat about life and about games; we get philosophical and make dick jokes; we poke fun at others and each other.

So set aside some time, and sit down with a beverage (hot or cold is up to you), and have a gander at our ramblings. Hopefully you'll have as much fun reading as we did talking!

Once again, apologies for the length...

As far as this site is concerned, you're about as Old Guard as they come, but for those who have been living under a digital rock, or are new, tell us a bit about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s
    Tough question. Fuck, I hadn't really thought about that before.
    I'm sorry to catch you off guard like this, but I'm under a lot of pressure and I can't afford to ask the easy questions.

In the context of gaming, I've been playing games since my Dad came home circa 1975 or 76 with a Magnavox Odyssey in tow.
    I was all of 3 or 4 and clearly of an impressionable mind. Gaming has had its deathly grip on me ever since. More?
    Really, if anyone wants to find out more about you, they should just check out your Checklist.

Ok, some left-field shit then. I was born into an apocalyptic Christian cult...for reals.
    I hear Queensland is full of those.

*Editor's Note: Queensland is the North-eastern most state in Australia. It's our American Deep South.*

My birthplace in particular. Another random fact - I'm married to a triple-Olympian. She broke the Commonwealth Record in her event, took out Gold in Melbourne 2006 and would have won Gold at the Athens 2004 Olympics if it weren't for three Russian "women" ahead of her on the podium. All three have subsequently been banned for steroid abuse. There...that's off my chest. Not big on the Ruskis.
    Wow. Talk about bragging rights...

I even get a nod on Wikipedia and my wedding was broadcast on the national news. Yaha. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse some days.
    Are you particularly sporty yourself?

Does procrastination count as a sport?
    I like to think so.

Then I am World Champion.
    I'm sure they meant to add it to the Summer Olympic roster, but just never got around to it...

Russians blocked it. They couldn't dope for that.
    What brought you to our fair site?

LittleBigPlanet H4H thread. It was a week or two after the ApocalyPS3 in March 2010.
    Oh yes, I remember that. Such a dramatic name, and such a huge fuss kicked up, and I didn't even notice it.

Fats my friend. Only the Fats suffered the Satanised affliction. No-one else noticed.
    Oh that's right! Well, that explains a lot...
    So was LBP your gateway drug for Trophies, or did it begin elsewhere?

Nah, the addiction started before LBP. It just happened to be the first game where I needed help from complete strangers who seemingly needed my help too.

The trophy thing started with Burnout Paradise. Before the trophy patch, I was one race off the Burnout Licence (complete 100% of the game) and the game corrupted on me, completely trashing my save . I was also close to doing everything in Fallout 3, including a perfect S.P.E.C.I.A.L. score. Trophies seemed a natural extension of what I was already doing.

LBP brought me to the site, but the forums kept me here. One of the first threads I participated in was some random musings from a headcase about a conspiracy theory for the ApocalyPS3. I called him on it with a "Bullshit detector" post and Nagflar piped in with "Asshole detected." We've been friends ever since.

Aw. That's cute!

He's an asshole.
    No disagreements from me.

You're one of the more vocal supporters of PC gaming on the site, and I believe you also bat for the other team, so to speak. Do you share the same fondness for Steam/Xbox 'cheevos that you have for Trophies?

None whatsoever. I'd popped some Steam cheevos well before the PS3 implement their own system and I couldn't give two shits about the Xbox. The Platinum trophy makes all the difference. That and a long-term loyalty to the Sony brand.
    I feel the same. I was gaming on my PC well before I got my PS3, but achievements just never grabbed me the way Trophies did.

I'm doing my best to come up with questions that aren't related to specific trophies, or your Checklist, because I'm quite certain we'll be having a conversation about those in the not-so-distant future...

All good. Origin of PSN id?
    Sure, why not.

My tag originated back in the halcyon days of the original Half-Life Counter-Strike mod. Some friends and I would meet every weekend for LAN parties (remember those?) and one guy in particular was my nemesis and I was his. If we ended up on the same team we always owned, so we made a practice of one of us being the Terrorist with the other on the Counter-terrorist side to make it a fair fight.

The long and short of it is I chose antithesis because we were always on opposing forces. The literal meaning of antithesis is the direct opposite of someone, so the shoe fit and I've worn it ever since. I had to go with the 1337 bastardisation of the word to ant1th3s1s because antithesis was already taken.
    Not to mention that was still a socially acceptable thing to do!

No complaints...I've been able to register it on every gaming network.
    That's actually quite fortunate. I always run into obstacles with mine...

You're not wrong. It would irk me if I couldn't have a consistent identity or if I had to tag random numbers on the end of my name.
    I suppose, given the context of this interview, I should at some stage mention that you won our Member of the Month competition, and should offer some sort of congratulations or whatever.
    So yeah. How do you feel about that?

Yeah, thanks everyone for the kiss of death. Most recipients seem to leave shortly after receiving the award. I've never been one to walk the beaten path, so I guess I'll stick around a bit longer.
    I'm glad to hear that. I have a hard time picturing this place without you around, and I'm sure a number of others will feel the same way.

doodlecheese would be happy
    I'm not sure the word "happy," or even "contentment" for that matter, is in his vocabulary...

Dude's got the resident Debbie Downer down pat. Every forum needs their troll and he's one of the best.
    I suppose so. Conflict is one of the few things keeping the forums active nowadays.

Conflict has always been an interest of mine (why settle for mediocrity?) and I'm more than willing to take the bait. It's got me suspended a time or two and I'm sure I've said a few things to Mods that have pushed me close to the door. But I like to think I bring something to the table by offering informed opinions and well-considered arguments to counteract my blatant trolling.
    Agreed. Life without some conflict is utterly mind-numbing. Provided you take it as well as you give it, I don't see a problem with it.

You take that back. Take it back right now! JK.

You hit me! You fucking bitch!
    I'm sure that's one of the nicer things that I've been called!

So, aside from collecting trophies, you also have a rather impressive (to say the least) physical game collection. Tell me a bit about that. What started it?

The impending birth of my son in December 2009. I figured I'd better start dumping cash into my hobby because I sure as shit wouldn't be able to afford it afterwards. As it turned out, I could afford it by being savvy about my purchasing habits and I've accumulated around 700 PS3 games to date. Fuck's me when I'll get a chance to play them, but I figure that I'm buying for a family of gamers and I don't need to play them all.
    Will you continue to collect into the next (or current - it's such a confusing time for us all right now) generation?

Yep. Truth be told, I'm a walking archive of gaming history. My PS3 collection is nothing compared to 25 years of PC gaming. I will however ease off on the physical discs and aim for close to 100% digital collection on the PS4 and XB1.
    Recently that's been quite a hot topic: digital vs. physical. What's your reason for preferring the former over the latter?

I prefer digital for two reasons. Firstly, storage space...I'm out of it! I have DVD racks and cupboards full of physical discs and it's beyond a fucking joke for a collection of this scale. Secondly, the PS3 supports installation of digital games on more than one console. I own 4 PS3s and I'll often resort to self-boosting games, so it's a sensible financial decision.
    What's your perfect game?

Hmm...I love RPGs and Turn-based Strategy games. I also love Shooters, Platformers and Action games. The game that fulfils the most criteria would have to be the Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 was the best of the three and it saddened me when I completed it because I did not want to leave its universe behind. I'm not the kind of guy to get emotionally attached to pixels and sprites but the ME world sucked me right in and I found it bloody hard to let it go.

I know dat feel. Final Fantasy XII did that for me back in the day.

I never got that caught up in the FF universe. I had a blast playing FFXIII back on the PSOne-

You mean FFIII?

Sorry...FFVIII
    I'm Roman numeral dyslexic.

I had a blast playing FFVIII back on the PSOne, but I skipped the PS2 generation before picking it up again in FFXIII. In some respects I can't stand that game (most notably the terrible Aussie accents!) but I thoroughly enjoyed the turn-based nature of the combat.
    OMG WOW. YES. Vanille's accent was an abomination.
    I think Fang was more Kiwi, though.

A bad Kiwi at that. Don't get me wrong, I'd shag Vanille's brains out, as long as she never uttered a word!
    Cast Silence?

Gaffer tape would do.
    What is the absolute worst game you ever played?

On PS3, Noby Noby Boy. How it even qualifies as a game is beyond reason. Shit...just pure shit.
    Worst game ever? Stroker on C64. Or maybe that was the most AWESOME game ever.
    The two often intersect. Especially when alcohol is involved.

*Editor's Note: Warning. Very NSFW!*

Toggle Spoiler

I'm not sure why a black guy's hand is on a white guy's dick, though. Still, looks like fun.
    It was a game ahead of its time. Maybe we’ll see an HD re-release?

I see what you did there.
    I'm looking at your more recent conquests, and I see some fairly noteworthy omissions, like BioShock Infinite, The Last of Us, and Grand Theft Auto V. This raises two questions for me:
    • Would you say that your PS3 is your primary platform (for current/last-gen games)?

• And would you say that you're focusing more on your backlog than new releases?
    PS3 is my platform of choice and will be for some time to come. My trophy card is a weird one in that it doesn't accurately represent the games that I really like playing. The BioShock trilogy, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Demons Souls, X-Com, Diablo III and 3D Dot Game Heroes are more my kinda thing. But my backlog is so freaking large that recently I've been trying to complete as many older games as I can before the servers are shut down.

I've also been playing a number of shorter games like the Ratchet & Clank saga because I don't often have the time to dedicate to 100 hour long RPGs that tend to burn me out. On top of that, I never buy games at release because I'm a tight-arse who refuses to pay more than $20 for a game, so I'm naturally at least a year behind the curve.

I've also been playing games that I can co-op with my son, like the Skylanders series and more recently, LEGO Marvel Heroes. Since his third birthday he's shown more aptitude for gaming and it's been an absolute thrill to have him involved in my life's hobby. It's a constant source of amazement to me how quickly he's picked it up.
    As you mentioned before, you've always been one to speak what's on your mind. What's your honest assessment of the present state of this site?

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that I've won MotM given the active membership on the site. I wouldn't have had a chance in hell in previous years.

It's sad to see so many fine folk head off into the information superhighway in the sky. If there's one thing that's kept me coming here, it's the people.
    AssholesPeople like Nagflar and doodles?

Naggles has a place in my heart, as do many of the remaining Old Guard. doodles is an odd cat, but I love that antagonistic little fucker. I could probably put my continued involvement on these forums down to him alone.

I should also give a shout-out to the staff, particularly the Grey brigade. There's not a guy among them I don't count among my pretend internet friends that I'll never meet in real life and if I did, it would like an awkward blind date.
    How about some fun? Let's get your opinion on some of the more controversial and topical issues in gaming.

Shoot.
    Oculus Rift.

Facebook for your face! I love it - I'm a HUGE sucker for all things shiny and new. Wearing a screen on my face adds an extra dimension to interactivity and immersion and I can't wait to buy one, regardless of Mark Zuckerberg fucking up the whole "indie" deal.

The same goes for Project Morpheus on PS4, though I get the feeling it's the next Move. Sony has a strong pedigree in VR, however to make this kit appealing at the average Joe consumer level, sacrifices need to be made and it's more likely to be a gimmick than a gaming revolution.

Gender bias in the industry, and the notion that games are for young, white, straight men.

I don't give two craps about gender bias. Don't like a game? Don't play it. The reality is most games are sold to young, white, straight men, so it makes sense to target your largest demographic.
    The bigger problem I have with the industry is targeting the lowest common denominator - the brodude gamers.

When the objective is to sell the largest amount of shit to the highest number of people, quality, originality and innovation suffers. Game developers need to put food on their tables, so I understand that they're beholden to the whims and purse strings of their publishers, but it comes at the expense of their creative souls. It's the same in all forms of media - pop music and blockbusters make the most money, but they're often the shittiest product.
    F2P (free-to-play) games. Can they be done right?

I fucking hate F2P! Valve does it right in that hats and weapons in Team Fortress 2 aren't pay-to-win, but the day it went F2P was the day I stopped playing. The whole point of F2P is as transparent as Granma's undies - it's to skim as much cash from the weak-minded as possible, and I have a moral problem with making money by feeding an addiction.

Give me a retail game any day of the week, any week of the year and any year of my life. I want to feel like I've bought the full experience rather than getting cock-blocked by pay-gates at every opportunity, just to make an unscrupulous rich prick one more buck.
    On-disc DLC and DLC Trophies.

It depends on the game. If a game has given me back far more than I put in, then I have no problem with on-disc DLC and DLC trophies. As long as the DLC adds more value than it costs, I'm happy to drop my coin. On the other hand, if it's done to monetise an incomplete game, the publisher can go fuck themselves because I'm not buying what they have to sell.

HD re-releases?

I missed the PS2 generation (thanks to the PC master race), so I've been playing catch-up with the HD releases on PS3. I tried to play the original PS2 games on my backwards-compatible launch Fatty, but the games looked like crap, so the HD versions were a god-send.

The demise of AA games and the rise of Indies.

The problem with AAA games is their budgets are so exorbitant that they need to sell millions of units to even come close to breaking even. In most cases, that means catering to the Brodudes and casuals, which only serves to alienate their core fans and stifles innovation. When the risk is greater than the reward and your job security is only as good as your last game, it's little wonder so many top-tier developers have gone the mobile or indie route.

I'm not convinced Indie development is the right path either. Steam has done a fantastic service to the industry by allowing indies to self-publish, but when 90% of what's available on Steam these days is Alpha-quality, teaspoon-deep retro-platform and survival-horror games, you know that's not the answer either.
    Fucking Steam Greenlight...

*Editor's Note: Steam Greenlight is a program which allows independent developers to upload partially-completed games for users to preview, and then vote upon. If a product receives enough support, it gets added to the Steam store. The program has been quite controversial, and has resulted in a number of sub-par games becoming available for purchase with actual money.*

Great concept. Poor execution. We should not be paying for beta games.

Absolutely. And the so-called "developers" shouldn't be able to moderate consumer feedback to the extent that some do.

*cough* Peter Molyneux's Godus *hack*
    While you're on your soap box, anything else you want to proselytise about?

People who use big words to confuse and belittle the stupid really ride my back. What the fuck is “proselytise?” Can you use it in a sentence?
    No.
    Also, I had to Google it 3 times to find out how to spell it. I'm a pseudo-intellectual.

lol. To answer the question, I don't consider myself an evangelist and I've never cared whether people agree with my opinion or not. Having an opinion in the first place and the balls to stand behind it wins instant respect in my eyes.
    I'm sure we could go on forever, but the hour is late, and I'm pretty sure there's a thread word limit.

*Editor’s note: Psyche! We keep going. Obviously...*

Thread worms...gotta hate'em.
    Before we go, I've fielded some questions from our Chatbox!

Luckay would like to know the following:
    • Why are you so handsome?
    • What are your measurements?
    • What is your job?
    • Do you consider Maple Syrup an aphrodisiac?

*Editor's note: Luckay actually only asked 2 of these questions. Which 2 is up to you…*

1. I don't know Clyde Frog, I just am.
    2. 36, 24, 36. DD.
    3. I'm a digital producer. I'm the guy who tells web designers and developers what to create and deals with the clients they hate.
    4. It's Maple tree cum. How could it not be an aphrodisiac?
    BALLZ would like to know if you know how many games you have in your collection?

In the region of 700 for PS3, 50 for 360, 20 for Wii, 5 for Wii U, 30 for Vita, hundreds for PSP, thousands for PC, tens of thousands for emulators.
    How many of your PS3 games would you say are physical?

Let me do a quick headcount...
    About 500. I also have around 1800 Downloads on AU and US PS Stores, a few hundred will be PSN and retail PS3 games. So I guess that's 800+ in total...I don't know, I lost count.
    *Editor’s Note: Following our interview, ant1 discovered he also has a box full of kids PS3 games in his living room. His revised estimate is 600 physical games*

I also have a stonking PS3 peripheral collection. I've been threatening to post that in my CL for a while. I'll find some time to dig it all out and take some photos.
    How many glow-in-the-dark vibrators Move controllers do you have?

4 Moves, 2 Navs.
    2 Sharpshooters. 2 Guns. It's a pity it sucks so hard.
    Oh I have a sharpshooter! I painted it black and put an ACOG scope on it that I bought from a camping store.

...I was really bored and had a lot of free time.

All that time and hard work, and not a single game worth using it with.

You poor, sad fool. I tried it in Killzone 3 and it was god-awful. Haven't used it since. I figured my kids would play with them...someday.

What's my favourite PS3 peripheral you ask? Easily my mouse and keyboard adapter. I can't hit the side of a barn with a DualShock but can pluck the head off a fly from a thousand yards using a mouse.
    A Keyboard+Mouse is entirely necessary for FPS or RTS in my opinion, but whenever I try to play a TPS without a controller, I feel utterly retarded.

I beat the Uncharted trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy and every shooter on my profile using a mouse. The beauty of the adapter is the gamepad is plugged into it along with the mouse and keyboard, so I can swap between the two controls schemes by simply picking up one or the other.
    Sounds magical. I'm pretty jealous, truth be told.

Xim4.com. Accept no substitute.
    Miss Artemis would like to ask:
    • What colour socks are you wearing?
    • Do you believe in aliens?
    • What is your proudest accomplishment IRL?
    • And do you have any guilty pleasures?

1. Socks? Socks!?! What country do you think this is? We wear thongs (flip-flops) baby. Yes, even to client meetings.
    2. In the words of Agent Mulder, "I want to believe." The universe is too vast for us to be arrogant enough to think we're alone. If there is an afterlife, I want to travel the stars for eternity.

And if you say "having kids" or something mushy like that, I swear to gods...

3. IRL achievement - meeting a woman who loves me for who I am and having three gorgeous and intelligent children with her. We're expecting our fourth in October...you heard it here first. Having kids is the single most awesome experience of my life and I can't imagine my life without them.
    Fuck you, Matt.
    You couldn't afford it, BB.

Canberra's too damn cold to be alone at night. Maybe we could just spoon for a bit.
    *Editor's Note: It really is. Shit's cold.*

Ok, but I'm the little spoon.

4. Guilty pleasures - gaming, late at night, alone. As much as I love my family, I need a couple of hours to myself to unwind and relax.

Helyx
    asked this:
    "Some people think it be like it is, but do it?"

It do. Helyx is another reason I've been here so long. Along with Naggles, he was the first guy to welcome me to the site. I don't mean lame intro thread-type welcomes, but genuine conversation.
    What're your thoughts on next-gen (or current-gen - who really cares?)? You own both a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox One; how do they compare?

The PS4 is the horse to bet on, it clearly has a massive hardware advantage thanks in large part to the DDR5 VRAM. Cross-platform games in particular highlight the disparity between the two platforms. The PS4 can do 1080p standing on its head, yet no-one seems capable of pulling more than 900p out of an XB1.

That said, I play my PS3 for maybe 20 hours a week (if I'm lucky) whereas the PS4 might see an hour or two at the most. I've turned on my XB1 a handful of times but have yet to play more than a couple of demos on it. The real next-gen isn't due to kick off for another couple of years and I have no plans to make the transition from PS3 to PS4 anytime soon.

So you'd agree that there's a rather problematic content draught at the moment?

I wouldn't call it a drought. There are dozens of titles and a few blockbusters available now for both platforms, which is all we can really expect during the launch window of a new generation. I just haven't bought any of them yet because, as I mentioned, I'm a confirmed tight-arse.
    What about features unrelated to gaming? How do the two consoles compare in that regard?

Both suck balls compared to the last generation. I don't buy Music or Videos from the PSN or XBL. Instead, I use three of my PS3s predominately as DLNA clients for streaming media from a NAS. Neither the PS4 nor the XB1 has decent multimedia support right now, but it is supposed to happen via firmware updates at some point in time.
    Yeah that's a HUGE deal breaker for me. I use my PS3 to stream almost every day.

Of the dozen or so real life people I know with PS3s, only two of us are gamers. The rest use their PS3s as media centres. That would seem to put the XB1 at an advantage over the PS4 with their "TV TV TV" offering, but sales to date don't seem to support that theory.
    How long did it take for you to give up trying to use the Kinect with your accent?

About two seconds. It's not so much that it doesn't recognise Strine, it's that there's no on-board manual for the Kinect commands! You have to download an app from XBL to learn the commands. Suffice to say, I tried "Xbox turn off" once and left it at that.
    *Editor's Note: "Strine" is a term used to describe a general Australian accent, stemming from the way that many of us actually pronounce "Australian."*

I'm somewhat of a sadist, so I would use my Kinect to turn on my PlayStation hardware.

I used to be that sadist. But then I dropped PC gaming for consoles.
    I'm pretty surprised to hear you say that? What about PC gaming turned you off it?

The same thing that turned me on - customisation. You can build a truly unique PC from the myriad parts available, but it comes at the expense of compatibility, accessibility and stability. I reckon over the course of a couple of decades of PC gaming that I spent more time tinkering under the hood just trying to get games to work than I spent actually playing them!

Because consoles have a unified hardware configuration - a PS3 is a PS3 is a PS3 - I don't need to think about whether or not a game is going to work. Pop in a disc and fire up a digital download and it works...first time, every time. It's the same reason I dumped Windows for Mac OS X.
    I'm much the same. I was big into PC gaming around 2008-2010, but then I picked up a PS3 and it was just so much more relaxing to put the disc in and play, without having to scour the net to see if my particular hardware configuration could run said game.

True dat.
    I'm too old to play the "Will my PC run this game?" circle-jerk. I want rock-solid reliability and I get that in a PS3.
    If you could choose a single feature that's exclusive to PC gaming to bring over to home consoles, what would it be?

Native mouse and keyboard support. That single feature alone was enough to sell me on the PS3. Unreal Tournament 3 is the only game in an entire generation to implement the mouse and keyboard API Sony built into the PS3 OS. The result, unfortunately, felt like trying to turn a battleship on a dime.

That, and peer-to-peer multiplayer servers. There's nothing worse than the threat of a game server going down and ruining your chance at a Platinum. It shouldn't matter if a game is 2 or more years old - I bought the game, let me play it!
    I was talking about this with a friend of mine the other day. I feel like the reason why most devs chose NOT to include Keyboard+Mouse support is because it would also bring over a level of imbalance that is inherent in PC gaming.

For people that are big on PC gaming, most will be able to appreciate the difference that a solid Keyboard+Mouse combined with a well-tuned sensitivity can make to your in-game performance.

That exists regardless of native kb/m support. Buy a Xim. Own on console. In my case, it evens the field because I am so abysmal at shooters using a gamepad.
    Hah!

I think the lack of kb/m support has more to do with the way console gamers play. Unlike their PC counterparts, most console gamers play from the couch rather than a desktop. In that environment, it's bloody hard to use a keyboard and mouse.
    Yeah, you're right. That'd definitely be a big factor. I guess I don't really think of that because my console TV sits on a desk next to my PC!

I play my PS3 on desktop, next to my Mac. The PS3 monitor serves a dual-purpose as my PC screen. I just change the HDMI input depending on what I'm gaming on at the time.
    I think, after 4 short hours, I'm finally out of questions...

4 fucking hours? Do your prep next time
    Fuck that.

Thanks for the chat Matt, it's been a pleasure.
    The pleasure has been all mine.

Oh you. And it's Jason, by the way.
    JAAAAAAAASON!!!
    Press to ant1

... didn't work.
    No it did not...

Thanks for sticking with us this long (unless you skipped to the bottom, in which case you're an ass).

Once again, a big congratulations to ant1th3s1s, our March 2014 Member of the Month. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long
    Last edited by Faust; 05-01-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Please enjoy

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Congrats on MotM ant1!

Great read...good job Fawzt.

News Team

Congrats ant1, you deserved it. What better way to avenge your ultimate defeat exactly one year ago?

Toggle Spoiler

Great interview from both sides, good to see some members still care about the community here. I can't wait to see next month's interview.

Toggle Spoiler

Change is good

Great read guys, and Faust, thanks for making me look as charming as possible.

Galaxy beauty pirate

This must be the longest interview I've ever seen here.. It was a good read though, so well done Jason and Matt! And congrats on motm ofcourse!

Kiwi Defender

Geez Fausty-boy, why'd you have to look like such a stalker and provide us with a link to ant1's wife wikipedia entry ?

Anyway, nice job assholes.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Nice job keeping this long interview entertaining throughout Faust. Congrats to ant1 on the MotM win.
    Sig and Avy made by Achantion
    Trophy Checklist

R.I.P Ellie

Awesome, funny read Good job Fausty
    Congratulations to Ant on MoTM too, nice to see an actually conversation instead of intelligently outwitting people

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

ant1, you are a pillar of the site, and that's honestly not a fancy way of saying you're a dick. I'd give you the MOTM most months if it wasn't kinda corrupt and creepy to do so. Keep up with the longest running Internetz battle in recorded history because frankly, you have the right skills to tackle the doodles grump syndrome the best.

Also, good job Bossman Faust. I'm going to have to out-absurd myself to beat that. A fine chinwag indeed!
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That was an awesome interview congrats ant.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Congrats on your MotM, Ant! And holy shit, I had no idea you were married to an Olympian; I kind of recognized her face from last time when I watched the Olympics on TV. Bragging rights, indeed, haha. Either way, keep on rocking and thanks for an awesome interview! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Platinum Procrastinator

Great interview. I'm glad I can say that I knew most of this information already from past conversations as Jason is one of the main reasons why I still stay with the site. Its people like him who keep it interesting and his win was long overdue.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Notorious K.I.D.

I enjoyed every last word of this long ass interview. As others have said, Ant1's posts are a driving factor as to why I return here everyday. Congratulations to Ant and a big thanks to Faust for the interview.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I had no idea you were married to an Olympian; I kind of recognized her face from last time when I watched the Olympics on TV. Bragging rights, indeed, haha.
    Thanks Edo. I've mentioned it a couple of times in the past in one thread or another, but she's a modest lass, so I try to keep things pretty low-key.

Life has been adventure accompanying her on many an overseas jaunt. I wouldn't have seen the world if it weren't for her sport (or the flexibility of self-employment) and it's taken me to large parts of Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.

When she won in Melbourne 2006, it was kinda weird leaning over the fence to hand her the flag and have my name mentioned in front of an audience of 600 million people, given how hard we interwebs folk try to be anonymous.

And thanks everyone else for your kind words, you're the reason I keep coming back to this festering stinkhole.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Roo Commander

Awesome interview lads lol. Congrats again on earning MotM, Ant

Random Access Memories

Great interview guys. Knew a lot already from a previous win thread, but some new bits sprinkled in between.

Keep up the good work fellas.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Burned out...

LOOOOL I can't stop laugh sooo hard. Congrats ant1.

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 6 - Silver

Congratz ant1, you finally get what you deserve.

I reallyt enjoyed reading the interview Faust

KCCO!

Well, I finally managed to get through the interview. Quite a nice and interesting read. I'm in total agreement with you, ant, on the Mass Effect thing. I love the trilogy, and I felt the exact same way as you did about Mass Effect 2. I was truly immersed in the game, and I didn't want it to end.

I also share your opinion on the whole PC gaming thing. I've been burned by games not working on my PC in the past and I just can't be bothered with throwing away money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast