Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

October MotM Interview and special

This is a discussion on October MotM Interview and special within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Spotlight Interview - Chambers35 1. How did you find out about ps3trophies.com? I think it was probably me wanting a ...

Trophy Guide Kitten

October MotM Interview and special

Spotlight Interview - Chambers35

1. How did you find out about ps3trophies.com?

I think it was probably me wanting a trophy card, even though I had no idea where they would even be used, and doing a search on google and stumbling across it. Although I do believe I've used the sites guides for various games in the past.

2. How do you find all the time to keep posting as much as you do? (which is a lot)

Lol, I had I feeling this sort of question would be in here somewhere
    Well I'm currently out of work so that definitely frees up some time, plus I don't game as much as I could, for some reason I just like to talk to people on the site rather than just game and pop on every now and then. And I'm only currently at college 2 days a week.

3. After being promoted to purple, TLT, how did that make you feel?

Pretty special
    I was really surprised when I was asked if I wanted to become part of the team, I wasn't expecting it at all. When I first joined up to the site I noticed all the team members name colours and it was like "nah I'll never have one of those colours".
    Plus purple is my favourite colour so that's a bonus

4. How does it feel to win MotM?

Also pretty awesome, I definitely didn't expect this at all. It was another one of those things I saw when I signed up to the site that I was certain I would never get...Although I never thought I would be on the site everyday either
    I was pretty shocked when I got a VM telling me to check out the voting thread and I had several nominations for the spot

5. Do you wish to progress further into PS3Trophies.com?

Yeah of course I do, why not? I love the site, easily the best gaming site I've ever been on and I've made quite a lot of friends on here too. I would definitely be willing to keep on going

6. What do you do outside the site?

Iím studying for a Diploma in Animal Care at the moment and itís amazing, definitely glad I let the missus talk to me into doing it! Iíve done all sorts of thing since taking up the course, like hand feeding baby Meerkats, chasing Sheep across fields and getting bit by a rather large Carpet Python...All great fun!
    I also like to go Rock Climbing in the nicer months of the year, really great to get outdoors and do something that requires a lot of self discipline and perseverance...mainly because I donít use safety ropes so if I fall off I wouldnít be having much more fun up there.

7. Do you know anyone from the site in real life?

I know a few people yeah, ADAM1413 and lpfan1987 are really good friends of mine, known them both since my school years. They donít post around that much but they like the guides on site and lpfan1976 also loves to look at the signatures people make. And of course thereís Alison, who not only makes awesome sigs but whoís my girlfriend of nearly 3 years, we have our own place so I see her everyday

8. What is your fascination with animals?

Iím just really interested in them, especially Invertebrates, Reptiles and Marine life
    I remember when I was a kid in my area, pretty much everyone else would be playing football (soccer) or other things like that and I would prefer to just go climb around in trees or just generally looking for creatures I could admire, I also grew up watching stuff on TV by the legend that is Sir David Attenborough

9. What is your gaming preference?

I would have to say RPG games, they tend to offer a great experience that provides the player with somewhere to get lost in, other genres just don't seem to do. I've played a lot of FPS games in my time like Call of Duty but at the moment they are all the same to me...

10. Shout outs to anyone?

Oh dear lord, there are too many people to mention all of them...If you ain't in here, you will be on my Checklist when I get round to the shoutout section!

TheGeneral09 and Beam for being an awesome guys and a great friends, thereís 2 dudes right there who make me want to sign into MSN everyday!

DaRe_xLw and Kerwan_Ratchet for being 2 of the first people to welcome me on site and who have remained pretty awesome guys throughout my time here.

Connman88 for being a cool guy to talk with, very helpful individual and a fellow Northerner
    Also got to mention 00Highway00 for being my brother from another mother, this guy is really cool.

Big shoutout to the rest of MSN guys and the GGA

Also my fellow Purple People, past and present.

And of course everyone who thought I deserved this award, thanks a lot guys.

I hope I didn't go on too much
    and here's a picture you could include under the "what is your obsession with animals" question;
    Thanks Comp

Special Interview - Lord Maim

Curious...
    1. How did you find out about ps3trophies.com?
    I found the site when looking for a better trophy card, and stayed for the rest of the site once I saw all the other nifty features that it had over other, 'lesser' sites.

2. Why did you make the move to here from the other site?
    Not to tell tales out of school, but I was more interested in creating a better guide than I was in politics. Some staff on .org have other priorities.

3. You've written some good guides, is this something you enjoy?
    I put a lot into the guides for games that I enjoy, and hopefully it shows. I enjoy taking a game apart and presenting it in an easy to digest format for people, especially when the in-game description is misleading.

4. How do you like the changes happening to ps3trophies.com?
    Boosting. List. You have no idea how long I've wanted that.

5. Do you wish to progress further into PS3Trophies.com?
    Sure. Unless I have to sell Amway products, or drink the Kool-Aid. Do I have to murder a hooker?

6. What do you do outside the site?
    As little as possible.

No. Though I do sometimes break into DaveyHasselhoff's house at night to watch him sleep.

8. Where did your user name come from?
    There was an old game on the PC called Warlords II that a friend and I used to play. It's a basic fantasy genre 4x style game, where each player runs a kingdom to try to conquer the others. The primary entertainment I derived from it was taking over my friend's cities and renaming them in humorous ways. Green Meadows becomes Strip Mine, Darksword becomes Craptown etc., usually the names getting progressively ruder if they were handed back and forth multiple times. Anyhow, to make the game more interesting there were always multiple AI enemies we'd add in of varying difficulties, with names to signify which ones we should be wary of. There were easy enemies like Lavender Lord and the Puce Prince, and then the red warlord ratcheted up to the maximum difficulty was called Lord Maim. So many years later when we started playing LAN games like Counterstrike, I entered my name as Lord Maim so my friend would know what kind of brutal slaughter he was in for. As the games went on, the name would adjust slightly, in Homeworld I was Admiral Maim, in Star Trek Armada I played as Third of Maim, the lazy Borg (complete with chat messages like "Resistance is frowned upon"), but I always came back to Lord Maim so it stuck. Plus "Big Jack McBastard" doesn't fit in most leaderboards.

9. What is your gaming preference?
    I have diverse tastes, and aside from driving games or puzzle games, I'll play games in a lot of different genres, as long as they're good. You don't have to look much further than my trophy card to see platinums in all categories from Nier to Just Cause 2, Prototype to Ratchet and Clank.

10. Shout outs to anyone?
    Just a couple of nods to regulars and extras on my PSN list, Sebric and DarkSeraphim666 who managed to convince me to go back and plat Ghostbusters and GTAIV despite the time sink involved. The local crew, obtenpander and o-Fallguy-o, victims of more than one game of Fireball Island. PowerPyx for his great videos, encoder tips, and collaboration on several guides (even if they weren't exclusive. . Also the stack of people on my friends list, whom I helped or was helped by for one game or another at some point, even if I don't even remember why or who you are anymore.[/QUOTE]

**You may be wondering why it says curious, well this is what happens when you forget to tell someone why you asked them questions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maim
    Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious

Thanks, I probably should have told you it was for my special interview i put with my motm interview. Thanks though
    I was hoping that was the case, and not some beta testing of the Ps3trophies.com dating service.

By the way, I'll totally murder a hooker if I have to. Just sayin'.
    K? Thanks

In2
    January MOTM

Congrats for the MotM Chambers, well deserved considering the amount of time you put working/posting on the site.
    Nice interview by Comp and congrats to Lord_Maim as well.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maim
    No. Though I do sometimes break into DaveyHasselhoff's house at night to watch him sleep.
    Ok, this was pretty funny.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Interviews.

And I got a mention in Chambers' interview!

PRO Member

Congrats on the MotM award Chambers! Keep up the good work. I remember the first time I met you on here. I was new and made some stupid thread all about the ending of inFAMOUS 2 and you were trying to get the mods to close lol. ahhhh good times. Anyways congrats again.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Congrats to chambers for MotM. very well deserved!

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY APOKOLYPZ

Trophies soon.

Congrats Chambers35 on winning MOTM definitely one of the coolest people on this site

Notorious K.I.D.

Fantastic read Chambers. Me and the rest of the MSN crew salute you. Just don't let this promotion and award go to your head

JK, keep up the epic work man.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

well done Spammy Sosa and Lord Maim

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

The One and Only

Nice interviews, and thanks for the shout out Chambers

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

Great interview guys but no shoutout for the doc

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Great interview and answers there. Good job chambers

Lvl 6 - Silver

Great interview and congrats on Chambers35 a very awesome guy on the site

Yankees And Packers <3

congrats chambers you are an awesome person on the site

Fight Off Your Demons

Great interviews Comp . Congrats to Lukey Charms on getting the MotM, couldn't have gone to a better or more deserving guy this month. Thanks for the shoutout as well.

Kiwi Defender

Well, Maim's answer as to why he's called that has been some of the funniest things I've read in a while . I salute you, Maim .

Also, you'll be lucky if you get to murder a hooker. I had to murder some fatass redneck that had a double-barrel shotgun .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Quartercircle Forward.

Awesome Interview Chambers, you deserve to be MotM!

The Lord Maim interview was also pretty funny

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Nope, nothing

Funny read from Maim there lol

Just wanted to thank all you guys above for the congratulations and what not, I did start replying to you all in a multi-quote but then I looked at how big the post would have been

Sorry to the people who aren't in the shoutout section, it wasn't that I didn't think of you

PRO Member

Good interviews you two! Congrats Chambers!

Sig by Beam| Avatar by Abstract

PRO Member

Great read guys!

"brother from another mother" lol

I haven't heard that in quite a while bro. Pretty awesome yourself buddy!
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast