Sleeping Dogs - Angry Review

This is a discussion on Sleeping Dogs - Angry Review within the Sleeping Dogs forum, part of the S; Here's another, no doubt, awesome review from Angry Joe . This time it's Sleeping Dogs , enjoy...

Nope, nothing

Sleeping Dogs - Angry Review

Here's another, no doubt, awesome review from Angry Joe. This time it's Sleeping Dogs, enjoy

Aes Dana

Angry Joe.... pretty relaxed for someone who is supposed to be angry.

His reviews are usually hit and miss in my opinion.

R.I.P Ellie

That's fucking awesome.
    Never seen this guy before. Reps

Nope, nothing

Only a 6? I expected more to be honest. I'll definitely be renting it

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Angry Joe.... pretty relaxed for someone who is supposed to be angry.

His reviews are usually hit and miss in my opinion.
    He gets pretty angry when reviewing a shit game lol.

Hit and miss? Really? Every review I've watched of his has been spot on so far

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    That's fucking awesome.
    Never seen this guy before. Reps
    He's great, all his reviews seem really honest too.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this guy "angryjoe" can't be taken seriously, and for past 2 years his reviews are biased, because lets face if you dont enjoy for your own personal reasons it doesn't mean that the game is bad, he is so spot on like trying to find a albino monkey dancing on manhattan............

he is funny and he should be viewed as such, if you "rent,dont buy" just because of him then you're doing a mistake.

Kid, not loser

Will have to watch this later, as I'm very interested to hear what he say about it. Just too tired right now... He really needs to start doing PS3 games and advertising it as multiplat and such. He's really limiting himself by not doing so.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

Sometimes his reviews overlook certain things in a game. For example he heavily criticised 'Dragon's Dogma' for have a lack of a fast travel system but anyone who has played the game for a decent amount of time will tell you that the game has fast travel. Just not a copy and pasted version of Skyrim's fast travel. He also put the mentioned how annoying the pawn's team talk was but i didn't find it annoying and you can turn the voices off.
    I personally wouldn't go by his reviews if deciding to purchase or rent a game.
    Last edited by Timeless-Enigma; 08-16-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Crocodile Hunter

Seems pretty average

Sig by Apokolypz

Ice Cream Firefighter

sorry Chambers I wouldn't waste my time with Angry after seeing his lollipop Chainsaw review with his mate/or him dressed in a skirt it really turned me off watching anything of his again

I rather the reviews that are made here they are so much more informative & entertaining

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I would not really rate Sleeping Dogs that low. Having played it for 2 days, it has been an awesome game so far. Basically, it is a combination of GTA IV + open world + Yakuza-like fights (with a touch of Batman Arkham Asylum/City) + crime + RPG elements. Pretty sweet and fun game.

Either way, Angry Joe has his own opinion but you owe it to yourself to at least check the game out first. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I would not really rate Sleeping Dogs that low. Having played it for 2 days, it has been an awesome game so far. Basically, it is a combination of GTA IV + open world + Yakuza-like fights (with a touch of Batman Arkham Asylum/City) + crime + RPG elements. Pretty sweet and fun game.

Either way, Angry Joe has his own opinion but you owe it to yourself to at least check the game out first. =3
    @E3 the developer said that Sleeping Dogs is a mixture of GTA + Deus Ex Human Revolution + TV's Person of Interest I got the game today but will wait till after my Skyrim & Darksiders 2 first but i'm really looking forward to it

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

MK Plat = Overrated

I thought this game looked like garbage when I saw a preview about six months ago. After watching the review, I think it looks a little better than the first impression I got of it. However, I'm no fan of sandbox games. GTA, Just Cause 2, RE5 and all the like have never impressed me one bit. They all seem like the same game to me. Cookie cutter video gaming.

As for the reviewer, I like my reviewers to be a little less goofy. Mark at CGR is still my go-to reviewer. However, I never base a game decision on any single review anyways.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Sometimes his reviews overlook certain things in a game. For example he heavily criticised 'Dragon's Dogma' for have a lack of a fast travel system but anyone who has played the game for a decent amount of time will tell you that the game has fast travel. Just not a copy and pasted version of Skyrim's fast travel. He also put the mentioned how annoying the pawn's team talk was but i didn't find it annoying and you can turn the voices off.
    I personally wouldn't go by his reviews if deciding to purchase or rent a game.
    I'm sure he mentioned the travel system that's implicated on DD, he just pointed it out that there isn't fast-travel system to get around all the map easy. And many games before Skyrim used the normal fast-travel

He said that he liked the idea of the Pawns talking to help you out, and he liked it when they did, but he found it annoying that they'd constantly jabber away about utter nonsense. So there'd be no point turning it off as he liked the feature, just not all of it.

I don't base my decisions of a review anyway, I had Sleeping Dogs on my rental list quite some time before this review was release

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    sorry Chambers I wouldn't waste my time with Angry after seeing his lollipop Chainsaw review with his mate/or him dressed in a skirt it really turned me off watching anything of his again

I rather the reviews that are made here they are so much more informative & entertaining
    Why would having a bit of fun bother you?

And most of the reviews here take forever to be released, which makes them pointless. I mean, where's the Lollipop Chainsaw review on this site?
    And how can you find just reading a review more entertaining then someone joking around but still getting their point across?

Ice Cream Firefighter

I actually use Game Informer Mag & the emails that I get for work from HQ about the new games to make my decisions about what to buy, but you are right about the # of reviews that get made here but I should have phrased it better I like the trailer reviews that UMA & yourself post as they are the reviews that I was actually talking about

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sleeping Dogs is a huge waste of money. The game sucks, gameplay is laggy, AI slide on the floor when being moved, gameplay doesn't transition into the cutscenes (I blew up a fuel tank while sitting on my bike right next to it, and during the cutscene I was quite a ways away on the ground without a bike in sight). The story is boring and mundane. The characters lack personality. There is no engagement to the game as a player. I'm just playing to get platinum and trading in this sorry excuse for a game as soon as I can.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Only a 6? I expected more to be honest. I'll definitely be renting it

It's got a pretty good metascore at the minute, apparently it's the biggest surprise of this year

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

The game looks fun but not sometime I would pay full price for also since dlc for this is on the way
    I'll wait a year for this

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    The game looks fun but not sometime I would pay full price for also since dlc for this is on the way
    I'll wait a year for this
    I agree, will be sure to pick it up when the price drops or if they do a GoTY type edition

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Kid, not loser

Just watched it. I was really annoyed with the beginning. Otherwise he seemed to have enjoyed it and praised it a little bit more than a 6.I think I'll be picking this up though later down the line when it's really cheap.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.