View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

5 11.11%
  • Easy

29 64.44%
  • Moderate

10 22.22%
  • Hard

1 2.22%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Sleeping Dogs forum, part of the S; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think its a 6 for veterans of the genre or a 7.5 if ur new to the genre.

Collectibles are not that hidden plus after u date the 4 girls each gives u the ability to see the collectibles on the mini-map(not the main map sadly), overall the game is regular not too hard/easy, the most frustating parts are the missions that require u to do races but still take cop xp into account (if ur not careful and crash into stuff often u wont get any cop xp and in case missions that cant be replayed that can spell doom for the lvl10 cop trophy) and if u dont use cover that much in the later missions u will die alot courtesy of the assault rifle wielding enemies, no online trophies (thank god) and online wise its more like rockstars social club, stat tracker called social hub and u can send friend challenges (ex. i did a 200m car jump, then i select the friends and they receive a notification then they can try to beat my score and re-challenge me).

I think that sums it all up, feel free to tell me otherwise if u dont think so.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Agreed with the above post ^^^ Finally got my Sleeping Dogs platinum today and I would give it a 6/10 in terms of difficulty. The trophies are not hard to obtain but just time consuming.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I too would give it 6/10, it was a very enjoyable game to play and to get the platinum. Like mentioned above the collectables were not to difficult, and most of the trophies fun to get, but some were time consuming. The only problem I had was getting lvl 10 of the triad, as I got good scores in most missions, and had to squeeze out as many points as possible on replays. Also the gold medal challenges posed a little frustrating sometimes, but were never really hard.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted Moderate, since the game is mildly challenging to Platinum due to many of the Trophies require some skills to obtain, mostly in-game driving skills, and also to get the maximum Triad points for Level 10 Triad Upgrades.

Personally, I had so much fun with the game that I don't mind playing the whole game again.

PRO Member

I must say I found it all to be pretty easy, but that may be down to the way I approached the game. I started off by concentrating on finding the health shrines and jade statues, which gave me a nice advantage in terms of health and melee abiltiy. I also made sure I had bonus damage and damage reduction buffs at all times which I think went a long way towards keeping the difficulty down.

The only things I needed to replay missions for were Triad Rep, Disarms and Freeflow kills. Police rep I think I could of reached 11 or 12 by the end of the game if it went that high. The most annoying bit in my opinion was the gambling, took ages to get the million dollars and the cockfighting was just totally random, very frustrating!

All in all though, great game, enjoyed this a lot more than GTA IV.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sorry, I voted before actually getting the platinum trophy. I only miss the Foodie trophy. I thought everything was easy, though sometimes needed patience. I totally agree with Bardas. The gambling was horrible. All the collectables are also available ont he big map, by pressing 'Square'. As with many racing games, lack of skill can be compansated with a fast vehicle.

Can anyone please tell me where i can find Spicy Squid or the curry balls? Then i'll have my platinum too!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

50-odd percent of the way through at the moment, seems not too difficult just time consuming. I've racked up 24hours on the game so far, but that wasn't just pure trophy hunting. probably get the other 50 percent within 10hours.

www.powerpyx.com

2/5 - Easy
    Easy difficulty, player friendly design, fun to play, doesn't take long. Even the collectibles are marked on the map.
    Most trophies come naturally and everyone can get this platinum without being an experienced gamer. Took me about 25 hours in total. Took bad it's that short

R.I.P Ellie

PowerPyx... you're German?!
    And I voted for Easy. I didn't struggle with anything, the Cockfighting was abit boring, as was trying to find a few last events. Other than that, no trouble.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted 3/5 Moderate on this one. Would have been easy but I had a major problem. When I beat the game, I was at 97.94% and I think the only thing I was missing was a couple random events. I went back to replay a mission to grind out the Disarm and Freerun and I had to replay the whole game, replay the races, jobs, and favors!! I was hella pissed and I wasted about 9 hours getting it all back. So a word to the wise, get 100% before you grind out the Gold Stat Awards, trust me. Also, you can buy the Triad Pack for 2 bucks and it will boost your Triad xp from 9 to 10 instantly. That's what I did and it was totally worth it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Easy - Nothing to0 difficult here. Really enjoyable game except for I was sick of the cockfighting towards the end as it was my last gold stat that I needed. Felt like it took and hour and a half just to get one more win. Also, I hard a really hard time grinding Triad XP so I just did what Juliuspleezer did and bought the gold DLC. I agree it was totally worth it considering the nonsense I was dealing with trying to level up.

All in all, this game was very fun to play and plat. I put down the trash that is Lollipop Chainsaw to play this instead and I don't regret it one bit. I was almost immediately having more fun playing it than I was playing LC.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Just got the platinum about 30 minutes ago and overall I would say everything's pretty easy, the stat medal challenges were somewhat annoying, but almost all of them are going to be obtained just by playing through the game normally. The hardest trophy for me was surprisingly getting to level 10 for the Triads, it seems like the experience needed to get from level 9 to level 10 was a hell of a lot more than the Cops and Face ones.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Now this is Podracing

2/5

Game is easy. and to be honest not that time consuming. About 25 hours isnt very long for this type of game.

However I still enjoyed it thoroughly and would recommend it to others. Theres a nice variation of mission objectives, as well as side misisons and collectibles

An old-fashioned cowboy

2. Easy - The only real hard part is finding all the collectibles in the game without any kind of guide and maxing out your triad xp because unlike police & face xp you don't get as many chances to increase your xp.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted moderate on this one. Only because this is my first Platinum, so not used to the grinding etc. I would like to thank you all for helping me achieve this Platinum So excited about it! Hahaha!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I found it quite easy. There is obviously some sort of pattern to the gambling as I won my first nine cockfights in a row. The collectibles are on the map so there's no problem there. There is just a slight bit of grinding at the end for some of the gold stats. But none of these challenges actually held much, if any difficulty for me.
    Just starting trophy collecting!

PSN 100%: Rock Band Blitz, Deathspank, Deathspank: Thongs Of Virtue
    Platinum + 100%: Sleeping Dogs

Currently Playing: Galaga Legions DX, Killzone HD, Modern Warfare 3

PSN: ItsEasyToCrash

Aes Dana

I found sleeping dogs to be quite an easy platinum trophy. A great game and very enjoyable...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Went with moderate on this, just because the gambling trophy is a pain in the ass and the triad mission have to replayed a few times to get enouogh points.

Long time since I've enjoyed a game this much.

Roo Commander

Easy - Nothing hard bout this plat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast