Sleeping Dogs Gold Stat Guide =3

This is a discussion on Sleeping Dogs Gold Stat Guide =3 within the Sleeping Dogs forum, part of the S; Hello, everyone! Now that I have finished up my own Sleeping Dogs platinum, I would like to help out with ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Sleeping Dogs Gold Stat Guide =3

Hello, everyone! Now that I have finished up my own Sleeping Dogs platinum, I would like to help out with any questions you may have about maxing out all the Gold Stat awards. Below, I will be adding in the recommended missions and tips for certain Gold Stat awards.

Fluid Striker - Freerunning Attacks (Includes vault attacks and disarms) - 50
    ::: Replay 'The Wedding' main mission from Social Hub; midway through, after the cutscene with Winston and Peggy, you will be hiding behind a bar counter and two enemies will charge through the door. Simply wait for one of them (he always does this) to go right and hide behind a cover; run towards him and jump over the cover to add to your Fluid Striker. The Disarm stat also goes up by doing this, so you will be hitting two birds with one stone. Repeat with the other enemy; he sometimes goes towards you as well and when he goes near your new cover, repeat jumping over the cover towards him. Restart checkpoint and repeat.

HeadHunter - Headshots - 50
    ::: Best to do this while in vault slow-motion mode. Simply jump over cover while shooting and you will enter slow-motion mode, making it easier to land headshots in a short period of time. Or, take your time behind cover and just aim at their heads; the auto-aim in the game makes it quite convenient.

Lucky Shooter - Blind-fire Kills - 10
    ::: Again, replay 'The Wedding' main mission. Same spot as the Fluid Striker tip above. Simply fire away without using L2 at their direction. Remember to restart checkpoint each time after you are done.

FireStarter - Explosive Kills - 20
    ::: Best done later in 'The Wedding' or any other mission with lots of explosive items scattered around. Simply fire at them while enemies are near them. 'Civil Discord' is also a good place to farm both Firestarter and Wrecker.

Ninja - Sneak Kills Approaching an enemy from behind and pressing , - 10
    ::: Easy. Walk up to an unsuspecting policeman on the street, or even any pedestrian, and double-tap (grapple) to add to your Ninja stat.

Environmentalist - Environmental Kills - 50
    ::: Just grapple any enemy you can find and drag them to any nearby object or wall. You can farm this in the DLC mission, 'Shaolin Showdown'.

Handyman - Melee Weapons Kills - 50
    ::: Drug Busts are a handy way to farm those melee weapon kills. Kill any enemy with a weapon first, then finish the others off with the weapon.

Disarming - Disarms - 50
    ::: Farmed together with Fluid Striker in 'The Wedding', as explained above.

Fast Talker - Fast Talks - 10
    ::: Easily farmed during the 'Bride to Be' main mission. When you reach the temple, and have to fast-talk your way past all the priests, simply repeat when done and restart checkpoint.

Deadeye - Thrown Weapon Kills With - 10
    ::: You can do this in the 'Payback' main mission, or any other mission with lots of melee weapons. When you reach your first enemy with a melee weapon, disarm or kill him, then weaken another enemy down to 2-3 health bars. Get some distance between you and him and press R2 while in lock-on mode (holding down L2). You will throw the weapon and kill him. Restart checkpoint when done.

Safe Driver - Total Clean Drive Time - 0:30:00
    ::: Best done with a very slow vehicle like a truck or van. Just drive on the highway above minimum speed and avoid contact with anything else.

Reckless Driver - Time Driven At Full Speed In Class A Car - 0:30:00
    ::: You heard right, it's 30 minutes, not 30 seconds. Just drive in a Panzer or Tuono or Velocita (all Class A cars), or take your pick. Simply go forth and back on a long highway without hitting anything, while holding down R2. This will take time, so to minimize it, drive a Class A car all the time when playing through the game normally (and at high speed).

Hijacker - Action Hijacks Performed - 20
    ::: Best done with Roland's Knox Van jobs. When you reach a certain point in the game when Roland asks you to hijack Knox Vans (the vehicles with a small orange symbol above them), drive around and hijack every Knox Van you can find. You will be chased by cops after hijacking each one so escape them and then drive them back to the new destination to get money each time. If you are sick of being chased by cops, simply do this with any other vehicle on the road, while driving of course. (Oh, if you do not know how to Action Hijack, hold down :X: while driving, the sprint button, and when you get close to your target vehicle, you will enter slow-mode; simply tap :X: when the arrow above the target vehicle turns green.)

Wrecker - Total Cars Wrecked - 50
    ::: Best done in the 'Civil Discord' main mission. When you reach the point where you receive an Assault Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher for the very first time, fire away with the Grenade Launcher at all four cars on the street in front of you, and restart checkpoint.

Gambler - Gambling Earnings - 1,000,000
    ::: This is not total winnings, but total (winnings - losses)! Save at an apartment, then take a taxi over to the Kennedy Town chicken fight. Bet the max of 100k each time, and if you win, save after. If you lose, simply reload from the apartment (you do not want to waste time trying to get two wins in a row after a loss; remember it is winnings minus losses). Save into two separate save files after each win, and reload from the second-to-last save. Don't ask me, but it is just a safeguard against the game automatically overwriting your current save.

Survivor - Total Time Survived above Heat Level 1 0:20:00
    ::: You will get this naturally while driving, or by doing Rogue Cop.

Rogue Cop - Cops Killed Above Heat Level 1 - 50
    ::: When you get the final Cop upgrade where you can take out a Pump Shotgun from any cop's car, do so at any police station and kill the first cop you see. Take his pistol and fire away at all the cops chasing you, upgrading to an assault rifle when the higher heat cops start to appear. Take cover as necessary. Don't worry about dying if you are rich by now already.

Alright, that is it for the tips. I hope this guide helps you on your way to your Sleeping Dogs platinum, a very good and fun game! Have fun. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Crocodile Hunter

Awesome post man, very well done and will be very helpful

Sig by Apokolypz

R.I.P Ellie

Cocoasg. Leave the guide alone! I'm doing the guide by myself!!!!
    Nah, awesome information. Do you mind if I quote that in a separate section of the guide or put a link to this page. Since that's amazingly helpful

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Cocoasg. Leave the guide alone! I'm doing the guide by myself!!!!
    Nah, awesome information. Do you mind if I quote that in a separate section of the guide or put a link to this page. Since that's amazingly helpful
    Sure, go ahead, you can quote this into the separate section of the guide. Good luck with writing it! =3

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Sure, go ahead, you can quote this into the separate section of the guide. Good luck with writing it! =3
    Awesome, thanks buddy

PRO Member

You can get 'Deadeye' easily, without being on any mission. Just hijack a car, grab the tyre iron from the trunk, and throw it at a pedestrian - kills them in one go. Do it 10 times and you're done! Much simpler.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Thanks for the guide cocosag after completing the story I still needed quite of few these challenges to do.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoimia View Post
    You can get 'Deadeye' easily, without being on any mission. Just hijack a car, grab the tyre iron from the trunk, and throw it at a pedestrian - kills them in one go. Do it 10 times and you're done! Much simpler.
    Nice advice, be sure to let ChrisValentine, the trophy guide author, know so that he can add it to his trophy guide! =3

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Thanks for the guide cocosag after completing the story I still needed quite of few these challenges to do.
    You are welcome! ^o^

PRO Member

For anyone who played "smart man, you will win, my cock is the best"

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

peace cocoasg, see DM. thanks.

Lvl 8 - Gold

For some reason my "Gambling" stat won't change. I've won several cockfighting matches with $100,000 bets but cant even unlock bronze...

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    For some reason my "Gambling" stat won't change. I've won several cockfighting matches with $100,000 bets but cant even unlock bronze...
    Same thing happened to me, don't know the solution to this but I just kept gambling and winning after a bunch of tries and got the stat. I think if you lose it removes 100000 from what you have.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Do what Qurb said and keep going. Make sure you are saving after each win and reloading after each loss. The gambling stat shows your all-time highest net earning gamblings and not your actual net earnings.

If I win two straight and then lose four straight my net gain would be -200,000 but would still show on the stats screen as 200,000 (because I won my first two fights).

If I win my seventh fight then my net gain would be -100,000 but the stats screen will still say 200,000.

It won't change until I win another four straight fights. Then the stats screen will say 300,000.

So it is essential that you save after each win and reload after each loss. You may have to do this a few more times before you notice your gambling stat rising.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah I nailed it eventually, turns out I'd accumulated quite a lot of losses over my playthrough!

Plat'd it now though

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Same thing happened to me, don't know the solution to this but I just kept gambling and winning after a bunch of tries and got the stat. I think if you lose it removes 100000 from what you have.
    Good thing i told you that over PSN, or we would be saying many rage posts from you.

One time when gambling the Asian dude is like "my cock the best" I cracked up laughing.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    What the previous posters, and my guide, said, the "Gambling" stat will only rise once your all-time NET gain (including all-time losses) starts increasing in positive amounts. That is why my guide said to save after each win and to reload after a loss, so as not to waste time trying to get two wins in a row after a loss. =3

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    What the previous posters, and my guide, said, the "Gambling" stat will only rise once your all-time NET gain (including all-time losses) starts increasing in positive amounts. That is why my guide said to save after each win and to reload after a loss, so as not to waste time trying to get two wins in a row after a loss. =3
    Yeah, I'd completely forgotten I'd lost a bunch of times in previous cock fighting games, so I was had accumulated a huge amount of losses. Eventually worked through it all though!

Chocobo Master

I would like to add a little to your stat guide...Wrecker - Total Cars Wrecked - 50 can be done as sone as you have the ability to use a gun and slow motion upgrade. When you are roaming around, get in a car and when you jump out, the slow motion will kick in and just shoot at your car. It will blow up.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!!! The gambling trophy s*cks big time! I will be so glad when the plat pops!

update: 2 hours straight now... SAVE - RELOAD - SAVE - RELOAD ... grrrmmbbllll