Ultimate Fighter

This is a discussion on Ultimate Fighter within the Sleeping Dogs forum, part of the S; I'm really struggling to obtain the Ultimate Fighter trophy. Currently, my Triad level is level 9. I have re-run all ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ultimate Fighter

I'm really struggling to obtain the Ultimate Fighter trophy. Currently, my Triad level is level 9. I have re-run all the Triad missions with the 15% added Triad bonus outfit on. However, I fight through these levels, and still my Triad level either stays the same or goes up only slightly. I'm varying my moves, I'm using the environment etc etc...Is there anything else someone can think of that might help?

I only have this trophy and then the Gold and Silver stat trophies to go, then I have my first Platinum!!!

An old-fashioned cowboy

Yeah I had that problem same problem you did. I broke down and bought the Top Dog Silver pack from the store, it increased my triad score from Level 9 to Level 10. You could always do that if you don't feel like repeating levels over and over again.

Lvl 4 - Silver

What's the Top Dog silver pack? (Does it also help towards those stats? )

An old-fashioned cowboy

It's a dlc that you can get from the store. Here's the description from the Sleeping Dogs wiki.

Earn major respect by boosting your Cop, Face and Triad Experience Points and gaining new abilities. Gives you 8,250 Triad, 4,500 Cop and 4,500 extra Face Experience Points. For the ultimate in upgrades combine with the Top Dog Gold Pack.
    If you download and install it, it should bring your Triad level up to Level 10.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ahhh sweet. Thanks for the tip. Might give them all one more try, then give in if it gets too difficult.

Death to zombies!!

I ended up buying the pack too, i spent ages trying to get to level 10 but never seemed to go up at all.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 4 - Silver

So after several hours of re-trying...I caved and bought the pack! Now I only have the gold stats to go and I am there!!! Thanks peeps

PRO Member

I am on the same thing, so that means I need to pay money to get this bronze trophy? I'm not doing that, there's had to be another way

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Chocobo Master

Didn't want to make a new thread so I am kinda hijacking this one.....The Ultimate Fighter trophy, it's best to wear 5% Triad clothing untill either 10% or 15% become available. Don't try to 3 triangle all the Triad missions. I was at level 9 when I bet the game and I went back to redo the missions I had not 3 triangle. Mrs Chu's Revenge is a good mission to half-ass before you redo it. Buried Alive is another good mission to try a 3 triangle but the most I got were 2 1/2. I didn't use any DLC's so after beating the game, you will need to redo at least 15 missions.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So in other words, if I have 3 triangles on a mission I cannot gain any more experience for replaying it? This is ridiculous. This is the last trophy I need. I only have a handful of missions that aren't 3 triangles on the Triad side and I'm only half way through level 9. I'm taking a stand and refuse to pay for a platinum trophy. While this game grew on me, if they make a sequel, I will NOT buy it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If it is possible to reach a position in which you cannot get to Triad Rank 10 without purchasing any DLC, then this should be addressed as a missable Trophy in the Trophy Guide so that the community doesn’t find themselves in that fix. However, if it is in fact impossible to get legitimately stuck like that, then someone please contribute another solution to this thread (other than buying DLC).

I’m currently at Rank 9 and a half, and the few missions I’ve replayed (with the +15% outfit, and since fully 3-Triangled) also only gave me the slightest, barely-noticeable boost.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Alright, good news for anyone else stuck with less than Level 10 Triad XP. You do not have to purchase any DLC (although you may need a little patience).

I asked drunkinslacker what his experience was like since he had Platted the game already, and he told me that he finished with about half of the Level 9 bar filled, and that each time he would replay a mission (with the +15% outfit) and get 3 full Triangles that the bar would only go up just a tiny bit. All of this was exactly the same as my experience so far. Then he told me that eventually he completed one mission and the bar just finished filling up, much much more than the other missions had done. That gave me hope and that’s exactly what happened for me.

Each mission that I replayed was only giving me maybe 2% added to my Level 9 bar (barely noticeable). The mission that was different for me was “Buried Alive.” When I finished that one with 3 Triangles my bar filled up a good 40% more, almost full. After that I just replayed one more mission and that topped it off, Trophy popped.

As far as the patience that I mentioned, I was searching for solutions before Drunk told me that not all missions give you such a small amount of XP, and I don’t remember where I found this tip so I don’t know who to credit, but to ensure that you get 3 full Triangles you can just walk out into the street during a mission and grab a male NPC with the Circle button, and tap R2 to flip him to the ground. When he gets up he’ll be in attack mode (most of the time), and you need to hit Triangle to counter. Any other actions done to NPCs will not give you Triad XP, only the normal counter will. If you grab and flip a female NPC she will not fight back, but if you happen to do that while some guys are watching, usually they’ll all go into attack mode to defend the girl. If you do this long enough, you can fill all 3 triangles before continuing with the mission.

In all, even after reaching Level 10 I still have 14 missions left that don’t have 3 Triangles, and 2 of them only have 1. You just have to find that one mission that will give you that 40% of the XP bar, I don’t know if it’ll be Buried Alive for everybody but you may as well 3-Trianlge that one first. You can walk into the street and beat up innocent people as soon as you’ve found Johnny the Rat’s location (I think that was the character’s name). Probably took me 2 hours of replaying missions and countering NPCs between the time I finished the game and the time I maxed Triad. Two to three hours is not bad, you can save your money.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.