View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

10 66.67%
  • Moderate

5 33.33%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time forum, part of the S; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just like the previous installments in the Sly Cooper series this game was easy to get the Platinum in. The only really challenging part about the game is the collectables hidden through out, and they are relatively easy to find. The game gives you a gadget when you open the third safe to locate all the bottles, the treasures are out in the open or protected by obvious costume doors. The Masks are the hardest to find, some are in or behind breakables others are just above or behind your direct line of sight.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I had to say Moderate, actually. For those who aren't very adept at getting collectibles, this could be a little tough. A couple of the other miscellaneous trophies, such as Apollo Wins, Get To The Chopper, Hassan Would Be Proud, and 8-Bit Bentley Style may also provide some challenges. Of course, nothing too overly difficult and all definitely doable, but I don't think it was that easy.

Where The Wind Blows

Moderate. It's definitely nothing worthy of a thrown controller, but some of the "perfect" trophies - Apollo Wins, Cloud City, etc - were downright frustrating. I feel like this is a pretty respectable platinum, especially compared to the lists for the Sly Collection games.

The collectibles are amazingly easy, however.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Legalize it...

I wanna say 2.5 but, I chose Moderate cause Appolo Wins & Hubba Hubba were really cheap IMO and 2 of the arcades were harder than they should have been. The collectables were a bit much too IMO. Check your map in basically every mission, collect masks, collect bottles, collect treasures. Jeez...Probably my least favorite Sly. It was ok but, IDK...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It was Moderate only because of the Stupid Arcades we had to get the Highest Score.
    Jesus is Lord!!

All out of bubblegum.....

I think this game was rather easy imho, only real issue I had was finding that one last map ( silly hidden room in epsidoe 5). Second best of series of 4. I liked the appolo and the dance perfect trophies ( Gotta love a Rocky training Montage), and loved the arcade games. Bentley's Hackpack is pretty awesome if you do happen to like the arcade games.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Retired

Pretty easy, but some trophies are annoying or sometimes hard.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For me this was an easy (or 2 if you upload it to the cloud then download it to your Vita). While I thought it was easy, I did struggle with the Hubba-Hubba and the 8-bit Bentley style trophies due to me having bad timing on the button presses and just being god awful on six-axis controls.
    The Twilight Saga: A tale of a girl torn between beastiality and necrophilia.

PRO Member

2 - Easy

The overall experience was pleasant. There were no terrible trophy requirements although a few were a bit tricky... i'm looking at you Hubba Bubba - the problem with the perfect dance was the timing of the notes doesn't go with the beat of the music playing at all. Also, you have to force yourself to hit the button later than you think you should.

Collectibles in this one were fairly simple but, way too numerous. You must collect 30 bottles, 1 safe, 12 treasures and 10+ masks in each episode These were not bad to locate (especially using the AR Treasure mode on the Vita) but it felt more grindy than part of the experience. You can't get many of the treasures without unlocking an outfit in later episodes either so you are forced to come back.

Overall this was a really enjoyable game to platinum. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of the series.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Although most of the trophies are really easy, I had to say moderate for this one because of the Apollo Wins, Hubba Hubba, Crazed Climber and 8-Bit Bentley Style trophies. Those specific trophies could be really frustrating.

PRO Member

Easy, I can understand 4 some to vote moderate but the game has infinite retry so those mini games r joke imo.
    The collectibles can be easily done with a guide all in all definitely my favorite of the franchise and very fun platinum glad I bought it very recommended

Banned

I'll go ahead and throw a "moderate" into the mix. For the most part, the game itself is very easy but there are a couple of trophies that can make it a pain in the bum (Lord knows I was cursing up a storm trying to get the high score on that rolling ball arcade game). The game is a 1 or 2; the platinum is 3 or 4.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy...

but closer to moderate than to very easy. The story gameplay itself is a joke, there isn't anything remotely challenging. Collectibles are easy to get provided you use a guide. But even if not I'd say they're easier to find than in most games. The 'perform well in a certain part of a mission' trophies were fun and while I needed a few tries for the dragon lair and hubba hubba trophy they were still easy to obtain. The arcade games were the toughest part of the game. I managed to get all except for spark runner on first try though. Missed a few points in the second alter ego machine and found out that you can just stay in cover when the boss shows up and kill his ghost like minions until you reach the highscore. For the tank levels just keeping it slow got me the number of points required and neither of the two games I had to even finish to get the highscore. Spark runner was a bit annoying because you have to watch not falling over the edge or hitting a bumper in a bad angle thus falling over the edge. Also I had some tiny troubles hitting the arrow keys at the right time on the electric lines. Still after a few times I found myself having 20 seconds of time left, a save space between two bumpers and only 300 more points required for the highscore so I just kept hitting them until time was up. A fun game, guess I'll get myself the HD collection once I've tidied up my backlog a bit.

Summer holidays :)

Voted easy

Nothing hard here at all just a lot of collecting to be done. The only slight problem I had was the looking at all maps trophy, I missed one and had to randomly go back and check areas which was a little frustrating mainly because the loading times on this game kinda.
    This was probably my favourite Sly game of them all though.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma