Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sonic Generation thread

This is a discussion on Sonic Generation thread within the Sonic Generations forum, part of the S; The Greatest Sonic Game ever doesn't deserve it's own slot in the S Section? how terrible. anyways, here's some awesome ...

INTJ

Sonic Generation thread

The Greatest Sonic Game ever doesn't deserve it's own slot in the S Section? how terrible.

anyways, here's some awesome shit while i await such a section to exist

-Play and Beat Sonic Generations and keep doing shit in it, Unlock the Full first sonic game ever free.

-Sonic R Remixes, You know that shitty Sonic racing game with that creepy as shit tails doll? There's a remix of super sonic racing in there.

-No New shitty characters, Every Character up to now

-Has the best of every sonic game in one game, and there's a new version and Classic version of each level.

-Pre-order from gamestop, receive Sonic pinball stage free

-German reviewer gave it a 85% to those who care, only complaints were Story is a bit eh and the controlls get a bit weird at times but loved everything else.

-Mother Fucking Chaos, That Evil ass 18 Wheeler from gun, Eggman swinging his massive (chained) balls, Beating misled knuckles, So much more.

-The PC Version is over 50% off, 29$, a massive savings for PC Fans of Sonic. Pre-purchase Sonic Generations on Steam

Game Trailers:

Gameplay:

"This game is terrible even though i never played it!"

Well Good for you you can be proven wrong by playing the demo on PSN and XBL! It includes the modern and classic versions of one stage in green hill zone.

Thread music (Ending Meledy from Sonic Generations, Ripped from Demo):

Last edited by Ps360; 10-24-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Plats-O'-War!!

LOL! Nice work on the thread!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Still not impressed :3

I just despise the fact it's the same engine AND EXACT gameplay as Sonic Unleashed (dated 3 years back), and yet all they've done is cut it down and craft new and refurbished levels.

Where was this game 3 years ago?

I'm giving you the finger, SEGA.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Still not impressed :3

I just despise the fact it's the same engine AND EXACT gameplay as Sonic Unleashed (dated 3 years back), and yet all they've done is cut it down and craft new and refurbished levels.

Where was this game 3 years ago?

I'm giving you the finger, SEGA.

play the demo

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    play the demo
    I played it, wasn't impressed.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Needz Trophy Card

im letting the forum admin know to add this

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I played it, wasn't impressed.
    I personally loved the demo, I was a big Sonic fan right up till Sonic heroes. Sonic 2006 was decent and terrible at the same time and i never even touched unleashed, but colors was fucking amazing for a sonic game. I can't wait till it comes out.

Never touched the handheld games, Even the bioware RPG one. (except for that one sonic game for the Game gear, which for some reason i still own my game gear)

Lvl 9 - Gold

play the demo
    I did. Both of them.

But enough wittering on, i'm done.

Understand that Unleashed was a great game, minus everything but the daytime levels. Yeah.

Besides, I doubt Generations will let you play your own music, Unleashed did though :T

..........Actually, I never tried that,
    can someone on the PS3 demo try that for me, I can add to my list then, 'bloody thing needs updating.....

Lvl 4 - Silver

Generations is released on my birthday. That must mean something. Anyway I chose this over Skyrim after playing the beta a few months ago. Am really looking forward to getting this. I think this is the first retail Sonic game I have bought since Adventure 2 (could be wrong though, my memory is shit).

Oh and I am pissed that TAYULZ is (yet again) not a playable character. I am dissapoint.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFox View Post
    Generations is released on my birthday. That must mean something. Anyway I chose this over Skyrim after playing the beta a few months ago. Am really looking forward to getting this. I think this is the first retail Sonic game I have bought since Adventure 2 (could be wrong though, my memory is shit).

Oh and I am pissed that TAYULZ is (yet again) not a playable character. I am dissapoint.

Tails is in the game, forgot how he works.

let me find out

edit:

here's shit involving side characters (they are Powerups in the game so they are sorta playable in a way)

Character Team-Ups

In levels with Tails, you press the Y button to call him to you, similar to how the elemental shields were shown with Y in that one screenshot. It’s likely all those little powerup icons we saw are things you can use with Y.
    You can call Espio in a fashion similar to Tails. He has a grappling hook.
    There’s also the ability to call Vector. He throws you to locations.
    A team-up mission with Amy is included; she gives you the hammer jump.
    There’s a team-up mission with Cream in a level with no rings. The only way to get rings is to call on Cream to throw you some.
    There’s a treasure hunt for buried metals. You call Knuckles, who digs into the the ground for you.
    Rouge team-up: heavily armored robots block you–call on Rouge to take them out.
    Blaze team-up: the level has walls of flame which Blaze can extinguish.
    Charmy team-up: …he can make a vortex at your feet. What?
    Character Races/Battles

The Tails race is with Tails in a plane.
    In the race with Knuckles, he will burrow underground to chea–er, use his unique abilities to take shortcuts.
    Rouge tries to stop you with bombs in her race.
    There’s an Espio fight in which you have to shine a spotlight to find him while he’s invisible.
    “Collect 10 Chao and reach the goal before Cream!” (…explains itself.)
    Miscellaneous Gameplay/Challenges

There are time trials that have powerups that give you more time.
    The doppleganger race is not against the other era version; it’s essentially a ghost race, complete with translucency.
    In the challenges with the giant enemies you just knock them over instead of killing them, but then they can be used as platforms.
    The icon with the motobug and the ring is for Ring Time, which changes all enemies into rings (presumably for just a few seconds.)
    There are apparently challenge missions with multiple animal capsules, where Sonic has to release all of them.
    There’s a mission where Sonic has to carry the sign post to the end and knock it around, presumably like the end of Sonic 3 Act 1s where you could juggle it. The player has to knock it to the end of the level without it falling into pits.
    There are single-ring challenge missions.
    Jump panels are in at least one challenge act, presumably as in Sonic Adventure.
    There’s a time trial in which your boost meter is 3 times the size of normal but it doesn’t replenish. That explains the “300% Boost” seen earlier.

also a Picture of another German Mag, giving this a 1 out of 1 (What the fuck is with this weird rating crap like that)

Translation:
    The best ever Sonic of all time: the mix of classical 2D and modern 3D levels is simply the best.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Espio is in it? Aww man, I freaking hate him and Chaotix was crap. Anyway cheers for the extra info.

Also, I just remembered something. Why the hell is Classic Sonic not being voiced by Urkel again!? That guy was a legend and it would be better than him being mute throughout the whole game.

INTJ

Also, I just remembered something. Why the hell is Classic Sonic not being voiced by Urkel again!? That guy was a legend and it would be better than him being mute throughout the whole game.
    i never really cared about sonic's voice.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i never really cared about sonic's voice.
    Me neither. I was just thinking it would be cool to have him back again.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

sonic is dead to me in anything outside sonic from genesis
    i just cant bare the sight of the new games
    i die a little inside
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    sonic is dead to me in anything outside sonic from genesis
    i just cant bare the sight of the new games
    i die a little inside
    Everything up to Sonic adventure 2 was the shit.

then it just went into dormant-decently-shitty game mode till sonic colors.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can't stop playing the demo because I love it so much. There's a massive playthrough on youtube somewhere that covers a few of the levels and the death egg boss fight

Just seen that the original Sonic game is gonna be included in the game too

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Game Forum Managers

Sorry, this wasn't on my list of releases, made a forum for it and put the thread in its correct place.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Me neither. I was just thinking it would be cool to have him back again.
    Not keeping the main VA is a big issue, it makes you feel as if it isn't the same person anymore.

Can you imagine if David Hayter didn't voice Snake for MGS4?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Sorry to go off topic, but is your Avatar from Kirby 64 Crystal Shards? I freaking love that game.

On topic: This will be the first Sonic game I purchase since Heroes. I am excited about this game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The Greatest Sonic Game ever doesn't deserve it's own slot in the S Section? how terrible.

anyways, here's some awesome shit while i await such a section to exist

-Play and Beat Sonic Generations and keep doing shit in it, Unlock the Full first sonic game ever free.

-Sonic R Remixes, You know that shitty Sonic racing game with that creepy as shit tails doll? There's a remix of super sonic racing in there.

-No New shitty characters, Every Character up to now

-Has the best of every sonic game in one game, and there's a new version and Classic version of each level.

-Pre-order from gamestop, receive Sonic pinball stage free

-German reviewer gave it a 85% to those who care, only complaints were Story is a bit eh and the controlls get a bit weird at times but loved everything else.

-Mother Fucking Chaos, That Evil ass 18 Wheeler from gun, Eggman swinging his massive (chained) balls, Beating misled knuckles, So much more.

-The PC Version is over 50% off, 29$, a massive savings for PC Fans of Sonic. Pre-purchase Sonic Generations on Steam

Game Trailers:

Gameplay:

"This game is terrible even though i never played it!"

Well Good for you you can be proven wrong by playing the demo on PSN and XBL! It includes the modern and classic versions of one stage in green hill zone.

Thread music (Ending Meledy from Sonic Generations, Ripped from Demo):

you are indeed a big fan of sonic like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast