Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Playstation credit card.

This is a discussion on Sony Playstation credit card. within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; If you need a credit card as I do, to rent a car also for plane tickets and what not, ...

Chuck Norris Approved.

Sony Playstation credit card.

If you need a credit card as I do, to rent a car also for plane tickets and what not, for example requires a credit card not a debit card. Sony has a visa card with no annual cost to have. Also when you make your first purchase no matter what it may be gas for the car ect. within a few days you will get an email on how to get a redeem code for $50 psn credit. You also get 10X reward points on sony products ect. So if you are needing or thinking of getting a credit card this is not a bad deal. However be wary, and don't go apeshit with the plastic money. Because just at that moment you don't have to pay cash, one day very soon the bill will be in the mail. Also if you are a responseable person and don't max the card out, it is a great way to improve your credit score if you use common sense.

PlayStation®Card - Sony Rewards

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Crocodile Hunter

i want one but i think id need requirements 1st which i wouldnt have haha

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Hey great thread man thanks for the info may just apply for that as rewards in psn would be sweet, + rep for that !!!!!!!!!!

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

I don't own a credit card, only been using my debit..
    hmm..
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I got the Playstation card a few months ago but I never got a $50 credit.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Death is Awaiting....

Not a very good deal, IMO.. kind of a rip-off.

Sig by Achantion

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    I got the Playstation card a few months ago but I never got a $50 credit.
    You get 5,000 points, which you could turn into $50 on PSN, you don't just get the amount.

Also;
    Must be a registered member of Sony Rewards and redeem through SonyRewards.com. You must make your first purchase within 90 days of account opening in order to qualify for this bonus.

Chuck Norris Approved.

How is it a ripoff? You get $50 bucks to use on the psn. Other credit carda you get nothing. I don't see your point.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Ive never wanted nor needed a credit card (not because i have loads of money,believe me) but this looks pretty sweet.if they did a playstation debit card though,id be all over it like a cheap suit,bank of playstation ftw

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    You get 5,000 points, which you could turn into $50 on PSN, you don't just get the amount.

Also;

Must be a registered member of Sony Rewards and redeem through SonyRewards.com. You must make your first purchase within 90 days of account opening in order to qualify for this bonus.
    Well I am a registered member of Sony Rewards and I just read the rules for the bonus points. You have 60 days after your first purchase to print out a form that says when the purchase was made and you have to have some form of a receipt then mail it to Sony Rewards Redemption Center. Then it takes about 6 weeks to get your points.

I wish I read that before..because it's def. been over 60 days since I bought something with that card lol that's a bummer.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have a pre-paid VISA. I use that to shop online and whatnot. Although I have to pay 5 bucks everytime I want to put in money. So this might be a great alternative. I dunno, I'll check if I can switch over.
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

Chuck Norris Approved.

You are wrong all you have to do is make a purchase, they send you an email. You make a acct, then you get the redeem code. I just did this and there is no mail in form or anything as you posted. I got the email yesterday and did the acct this am and have my code and funds added today. I'm at work now and to prove you are incorrect I will paste the email tonight. As in a ripoff, the card has no annual fee. You can go spend $10 bucks on gas, within two to three days you will get a email telling you how the redeem your psn credit. Then you never have to use the card again if you don't want to.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    You are wrong all you have to do is make a purchase, they send you an email. You make a acct, then you get the redeem code. I just did this and there is no mail in form or anything as you posted. I got the email yesterday and did the acct this am and have my code and funds added today. I'm at work now and to prove you are incorrect I will paste the email tonight. As in a ripoff, the card has no annual fee. You can go spend $10 bucks on gas, within two to three days you will get a email telling you how the redeem your psn credit. Then you never have to use the card again if you don't want to.
    Well I never received an email then.

Chuck Norris Approved.

I will post them tonight when I get off work, I think it took less then a week. The first email said I met the requirements and listed how to redeem the code. Then they sent another email to verfify my email after I clicked that link they send me the redeem code. At 1:37am this morning to be exact which I used to buy dungeon defenders and the dlc and got ps+ dlc also. As I said above if you do it the smart way and just make a small purchase to get the free $50 psn code its a no brainer there is no annual fee. So soon as you get the code never use it again also it has 0% interrest rate till dec 12. Now don't go apeshit and run out and buy a grand of ps3 games just because you have the card. If you want to see for your self just check the link I posted.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seems pointless to me. Even if you do spend a great amount of time on your ps3 i'd rather just buy a psn card over this. You can even get a discount on one to through all of gamestop's reward's and savings discount over filtered crap. I wouldnt reccomend this to anyone, there is much better deals on credit cards

Administrator

I suggest those who are 18 to get a credit card as soon as possible to start a credit line. But don't use it unless you can pay it off right away. You don't want to be stuck in debt.

But I would recommand a Chase Freedom or Chase Amazon card for their reward points. Might be hard for a newbie to get these cards right away and usually a non-reward card has to be the first step for a year or so.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    I suggest those who are 18 to get a credit card as soon as possible to start a credit line. But don't use it unless you can pay it off right away. You don't want to be stuck in debt.

But I would recommand a Chase Freedom or Chase Amazon card for their reward points. Might be hard for a newbie to get these cards right away and usually a non-reward card has to be the first step for a year or so.

thanks for the advice..
    i'm 19 going on 20 and i have no idea where to start with this whole credit thing.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Possessed

plastiq moeny slo lol
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.

Crocodile Hunter

I dnt think its in AUS and i cant find any info on it

Sig by Apokolypz

Possessed

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I dnt think its in AUS and i cant find any info on it
    there are like 3 different AUS ones lol look harder foo
    Thanks to Ramonalicious for the sig.