Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So The Playstation 4... is coming in 2013

This is a discussion on So The Playstation 4... is coming in 2013 within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Sony would be incredibly foolish to release the PS4 next year. The reason being that the PS3 is still going ...

Change is mediocre

Sony would be incredibly foolish to release the PS4 next year. The reason being that the PS3 is still going strong. With all the new popular games coming out no one would want to develop another popular game to release with it.

And if backwards compatibility isn't there, then the sales for the PS4 would be still for a long while, it would be like that anyway if they released it next year.

Back to reality...

E3 2012: Sony Talks Next Gen - "It's about being the best" - IGN

In order for Sony to survive, the PS4 must be... perfect.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Agree with pretty much everyone that has posted. Backward compatibility is a must.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 7 - Gold

i dont think it is true, with all these games coming out in 2013, they will sell only few as only very few people can afford to have both playstations and buy games for both

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

I think sony are rushing the PS4 for next year because of Microsoft and thir new console. Sony doesn't want to be left 1 year behind like what happened with the PS3.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: W@W/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Agree with pretty much everyone that has posted. Backward compatibility is a must.
    If you or anyone else for that matter. Is stating that the PS4 HAS to have Backwards Compatibility. In order for you to buy it. Than you will never be buying one. Because Sony has already said their next console wont have BC. BC is what makes the first gen console so costly to begin with. Which is why when they take it out the console price drops. It happened with the PS2 and the PS3.
    Everybody is so stuck on this PS3 10 Year life span thing. The truth is. The PS4 is going to have to come out sometime in the next year or two. Because the PS3 has already been out for 6 years now. Releasing another console on the 10th year anniversary of the PS3. Is just retarded and bad business. The PS4 is going to have to be released sometime during year 7 or 8 of the PS3 10 year life span.
    No everybody wont rush out and buy one on day one. And Sony isn't expecting everybody to do so. But they are going to have to at some point. Start weaning people off the PS3 and onto the PS4. Yes When it releases it'll have games on both gens. But some games will only be on the PS4. And by the time the PS3 hits year 10. Most of the games being made. Will only be on the PS4 anyway. So you'll have a good 2-3 years to save up to buy one.
    The damn thing is going to come out anyway. Rather you bitch, whine, moan and complain that it's too soon or not. (not you personally, just gamers in general.) No one is asking you to buy on on day one. Heck no body is asking you to run out and buy one. The first year it's out. But at some point if you want to keep gaming. You are going to have to buy one. Buy one when you can afford to do so. Or you've exhausted the life out of your PS3. Or both. Sony isn't going to delay the release of the thing. Because some of it's gamers are complaining that it's "too soon" or being 'rushed out". Because frankly as much as gamers are important to Sony. Most of them know little to nothing about when a console should or shouldn't be released. Or how to run a Multi-Billion Dollar/Euro/Pound/Yen Company.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Well, PS4, see you in earliest 2016

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    If you or anyone else for that matter. Is stating that the PS4 HAS to have Backwards Compatibility. In order for you to buy it. Than you will never be buying one. Because Sony has already said their next console wont have BC. BC is what makes the first gen console so costly to begin with. Which is why when they take it out the console price drops. It happened with the PS2 and the PS3.
    Everybody is so stuck on this PS3 10 Year life span thing. The truth is. The PS4 is going to have to come out sometime in the next year or two. Because the PS3 has already been out for 6 years now. Releasing another console on the 10th year anniversary of the PS3. Is just retarded and bad business. The PS4 is going to have to be released sometime during year 7 or 8 of the PS3 10 year life span.
    No everybody wont rush out and buy one on day one. And Sony isn't expecting everybody to do so. But they are going to have to at some point. Start weaning people off the PS3 and onto the PS4. Yes When it releases it'll have games on both gens. But some games will only be on the PS4. And by the time the PS3 hits year 10. Most of the games being made. Will only be on the PS4 anyway. So you'll have a good 2-3 years to save up to buy one.
    The damn thing is going to come out anyway. Rather you bitch, whine, moan and complain that it's too soon or not. (not you personally, just gamers in general.) No one is asking you to buy on on day one. Heck no body is asking you to run out and buy one. The first year it's out. But at some point if you want to keep gaming. You are going to have to buy one. Buy one when you can afford to do so. Or you've exhausted the life out of your PS3. Or both. Sony isn't going to delay the release of the thing. Because some of it's gamers are complaining that it's "too soon" or being 'rushed out". Because frankly as much as gamers are important to Sony. Most of them know little to nothing about when a console should or shouldn't be released. Or how to run a Multi-Billion Dollar/Euro/Pound/Yen Company.
    The PS2 never lost backwards compatibilty, I have a slim that still plays PS games.

WHO DAT!!!!

ill get it day one if my trophies transfer over, i doubt sony will commit marketing suicide and be stupid about this. Ps4 will be awesome and i will stick with Sony unles they get really dumb realy fast, which i doubt

PRO Member

Do you feel better? Never said I wasn't going to buy one if it wasn't BC. I would just really like it to be. Never said anything about it being rushed. Never said anything about not buying one day one. If you're going to go on a long ass rant, the least you could do is throw some more quotes in there so it doesn't feel like you're trying to bitch at me about it
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    The PS2 never lost backwards compatibility, I have a slim that still plays PS games.
    Umm yeah it did. Because I have 3 PS2's. first gen and two slims. And neither slim has ever played PS1 games. Stick a PS1 disk in and it has always said Disk Read Error. And none of my Disk based games have any scratches on them.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:

PRO Member

Umm yeah it did. Because I have 3 PS2's. first gen and two slims. And neither slim has ever played PS1 games. Stick a PS1 disk in and it has always said Disk Read Error. And none of my Disk based games have any scratches on them.
    I distinctly remember playing Myst (a ps1 disc) on my PS2 slim.

PRO Ninja

1-0 to platzreign

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ok whatever man, I just recently played Chrono Trigger on my slim a couple of months ago.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Ok whatever man, I just recently played Chrono Trigger on my slim a couple of months ago.
    Not saying some slims weren't BC. But I know for a fact not all of them are BC.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:

That Southern B****

I don't remember for my fat ps2 but my slim, which i currently use, does have BC. I've played FF7, 8, and 9 on it numerous times.
    Last edited by Coug; 06-06-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: grammar
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not saying some slims weren't BC. But I know for a fact not all of them are BC.
    I know plenty of people who owned slims and they all had BC. Some slims might have a problem with BC cause a change in models and Sony was sued over a Disc Reading Error when ever people tried playing games.

Prayer Warrior

to get back on topic here.....

no ps4 shown at E3 which means no ps4 in 2013. hate to say it but i told you so.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fubigs View Post
    Sony has already stated that the PS4 won't be backwards compatible. The likely reason will be to keep the price down lower at launch this way. It'll also help extend the life of the PS3 since they said it would have a 10 year lifespan and we're just over half way there.

Also, in Sony's current financial state they can't afford to spend a butt-load developing the PS4 like they did on the PS3 so rather then being $700 at launch like the PS3 was I'd wager it'll be around half the price. The technology is also cheaper to build present day too.
    It was $600, atleast in the US and at the time that was a steal for the technology that came with it. But either way, the Ps3 will still have over a 10 year life span just like the Ps1 and Ps2 did/does. So bring it on even if it has a $600 price tag on it again .

Quote Originally Posted by XAGMNINETY View Post
    According to this article. Too soon, I think. Damn, it's time to make that push to get through all of these games...
    Not too soon. It's actually about that time if you look at history. And I can't wait .

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    yeah Im sure the emotion engine for PS3 was just SUPER expensive *it wasn't* they just wanted people to buy PS2's instead... it's horseshit... who wants 2 consoles attached to their tv when 1 machine can do it... it makes ZERO sense not to include PS3 play on a PS4
    Not only was it expensive, it overheated the ps3's, AND it didn't work. Anyone with a BC ps3 will tell you 50-60% of their Ps2 games didn't work. So why keep spending money on a feature that doesn't work? It only makes sense to scrap it and do away with it completely. Too many people want and rely on the BC even when they rarely play the BC games... Sony was either one of the first, or the first to implement that. Don't keep expecting it in every fking console released when the hardware and software can't support it... Let it go!

On a side note. It's been 10+ years since I've played a PS1 game and over 5 1/2 years since I've played a Ps2 game. Same with Old Nintendo, SNES, Genesis, etc. Maybe someday in the next few decades I'll take a trip down memory lane and play some old school games, but I haven't wanted to play a game from an old school system since the PS1 came out.

Oh well . Like I said. Can't wait for it

I believe all Slims had BC. But some models had issues playing Ps1 games just like the Ps3. Just depended on which model you got...
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm a little sketchy on the next gen, so far I've switched to PC gaming ... so far.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast