Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

So The Playstation 4... is coming in 2013

This is a discussion on So The Playstation 4... is coming in 2013 within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; in 2013...............keep dreaming !!! most likely will be announced on E3 2013 and be released on Q1 of 2014 along ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

in 2013...............keep dreaming !!! most likely will be announced on E3 2013 and be released on Q1 of 2014 along of big AAA titles by wich Q1 tends to launch.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I still have a massive backlog of games, a lot of which are still in the skrink wrap, so I wont be upgrading anytime soon either

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect

Working on: Portal 2 (67%), Bulletstorm MP trophies (4/5)

Angel of Death

I doubt the PS4's line up will be amazing, so my backlog will be safe. I'll probably upgrade depending on the price. I would like $400, anything over is pushing it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Next Gen... I am so ready... But i do believe Sony should wait until the xbox is released, just incase its more powerful because the developers are gonna want to work more with the xbox... none the less ill will be getting it day of release... really looking forward to see what sony's been up to with the new console so we can put the rumors to rest, also totally agree with you...Leigrez

1. BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY! (Hands down you have to be able to play PS3 games in the new system)
    2. SEN Account Transferability (This means your previous downloads (DLC, demos, core, videos, avatars etc.) all carry over to the new network because some of us have a select few favs that we love playing the DLC for and enjoy playing through again and again)
    3. SEN Trophy Transferability (OF COURSE trophies obtained have to be able to transfer over to the new system and should be in a different list than the PS4 ones)
    4. Save Data transfer (I don't see this being an issue since you can copy your save data to the storage server (plus members) or a usb drive)
    5. Finally last but not least FREE ONLINE PLAY! Sony has done a good deed and not chewed every penny from its customers like Microsoft and I commend them for it. I just hope they can keep to it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hope they don't wait for Xbox to be released because it's precisely why everyone plays xbox these days it had all the new games first and won the fans due to that. That being said I don't see any reason for a new version the PS3 is doing fine still it only seems they update the consoles when a new kind of disc comes along like CD to DVD for PS2 and DVD to Blu Ray for PS3. What's the next step up? Discless?

Lvl 7 - Gold

i doubt it to many games coming out be pointless to bring ps4 aswell

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

This is highly doubtful. Also, the link refers to the next-gen console "Premiering" next year. Which can simply mean that they will reveal it at E3 or some other gaming convention. Which will also mean it is still likely 2-3 years down the road till public release.

Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation

Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

Current Endeavours

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

PS3 will be my last console gen, I've had enough from what this gens industry has to offer. I could only imagine the torture that will carry over. You'll just be playing COD17, AC9, GTA 10, UC7 & GOWIV on a PS4 w/ super enhanced multiplayer aspects on steroids!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Probably might not get it at lunch. For starters, and with all honesty, the next gen system I get first all comesdown to one thing. Halo 5. Ill get both eventually though. But ill probably nab one of them at launch, and if the ps4 isn't backwards compatible but the next xbox is, ill probably nab that first, maybe.

Honestly it really all comes down to one simple thing. When ill need a next xbox for the halo games. That's it. If I have a few years to wait ill nab ps4. If only a yearish, or they suddenly announce a halo 2 anniversary for a xbox launch, then that wins. Overall I do prefer my ps3 more. I just frikin love my halo :3

Rangers F.C

Would like to see it in 2013 but don't think there is much chance of that 2014+

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't think there will be any PS4 released in the next few years, there might of been one planned, actually I'm most certain about it, but I'm equally sure it has been mothballed by Sony.

Why? you may ask.

Well the Sony owned Studio Liverpool had been working on a new Wipeout game for over the last 12 months.
    As you probably know Sony always uses some form of new Wipeout for any new console release, or when some new feature or technical advancement hits one of it's consoles.
    Not only was any further work on this game cancelled a few days ago, Sony actually closed Studio Liverpool down mid week.

Mick Hocking, a founding member of Evolution & BigBig studios [which Sony bought back in Sept 2007], was made Group Director in charge of all 3 studios.
    He is also in charge of the 3D games division of SCEE.

Around 2 years ago there was a major culling of Studio Liverpool staff, then Studio Liverpool moved into the same building as Evolution & BigBig.
    Shortly after the redundancies, Sony placed a ad for a senior designer to join Studio Liverpool to work on what was to become Wipeout 2048.

Sony, having limited Studio Liverpool to basically making only Wipeout [they were working one other adventure title at the time of closure] had basically doomed Studio Liverpool to closure if the current Wipeout project was ever cancelled.
    Mothballing proposed plans for the PS4 would of certainly been the reason for this happening

I expect any further work on the new Wipeout, [when it is ever restarted again] to be undertaken by Evolution studio.
    So keep an eye out what goes on there for any signs of a PS4 release.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It is possible because of the Super Slim release so would't Sony want to make some money about a year before there next console. Isn't the new Xbox coming out in 2013? I hope Sony doesn't repeat what happened with the current consoles, Microsoft released new Xbox and Sony waits like a year to release PS3 and falls behind.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345