Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"?

This is a discussion on What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 Trophy Whores are very easy to spot not by the number of platinum's but rather the ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Trophy Whores are very easy to spot not by the number of platinum's but rather the games they play. Right of the bat when I see a person platinum "Hannah Montana" for example I say Trophy whore just cause no one in the right mind would love that game to add to there gaming collection but just to get easy trophies. My point is Trophy whores play games they dont like just to get easy plats simple no? As for trophy hackers them.
    Hmm... so your telling me its impossible to imagine a person would "love that game" or "add it to their gaming collection"? I think you bring your own bias on others, as you hate the game, thus others should share your view. Also, if you havent played the game, do you really have a voice to call it sh*t? Just saying...

I disagree, but i may be the exception (i doubt it, i just think people are close minded)

Anyway, i am one of a few that is proud to have beaten HM. Not ashamed to say i enjoyed it, and can replay it if my young cousins ever come over. Having beaten the game, i know what i can do to help if my cousins do play it.

BACK TO TOPIC: I am slightly confused with the definition of a "trophy whore". Is it a person who goes after easy trophies? Or a person that goes crazy obtaining trophies?

When playing games (respectable games), i am willing to die (in game) to get a trophy, which aggravates my friends. I also buy easy cheap games to play (ones the gamer community frowns upon). The difference is i do enjoy playing these types of games, so does that make me a trophy whore?

Trophies is what gets me to buy the game, enjoyment of the game is what gets me to platinum the game. Am i still a TW?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

with all respect but i enjoyed megamind it was fun to play

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by koolskamp View Post
    with all respect but i enjoyed megamind it was fun to play
    well that doesn't make you a TW if you enjoyed it all good but ppl that have the & hate the game thats a TW

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Exactly, I am currently playing Bakugan Battle Brawlers and at this point minus the bad reviews....I LOVE IT! I loved it so much that i'm actually investing in my own Bakugan and watching the TV shows. I have to enjoy it a lot for me to platinum it like others series out there. (inFamous, Assassin's Creed, NBA Live, Lego Harry Potter, etc.)

Proud member of the following groups:

Perfect Platinum Streak
    Kingdom Hearts

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All my plats that I've earned, I enjoyed getting. Basically, if you are getting trophies just because (no love for the game), then you are a trophy whore.

Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

PRO Member

If cant earn the trophy ask 4 help giving away ur info thats noob and TW

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by AJ826 View Post
    Looks like someone doesn't speak English. Looking at how you spelled your name, I am not surprised.

For anyone else confused
    3) If you think, in your head, "The more trophies I get, the bigger my penis" then you are a trophy whore.
    your right jackass i dont speak "English" I speak 'Merican so you can get out. If we need to whip out degrees I don't mind considering how much of a jolly idiot thinking your all high and mighty complaining about people earning trophies...........on a trophy site.

Now if you'll unclog the sand trap in your vagina maybe you can learn to get off other people's backs and let us enjoy gaming.
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    your right jackass i dont speak "English" I speak 'Merican so you can get out. If we need to whip out degrees I don't mind considering how much of a jolly idiot thinking your all high and mighty complaining about people earning trophies...........on a trophy site.

Now if you'll unclog the sand trap in your vagina maybe you can learn to get off other people's backs and let us enjoy gaming.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Bob 'n' Becca

I will proudly admit to being a trophy whore. I even posted a thread here before about wanting to stop being one but that was before I just accepted that its how I like to play and shouldn't care about others opinions of me.

Now onto my definition. First I'd like to comment on the little of what I've read in this thread. Most everyone will say that a Hannah Montana platinum=instant whore. I agree and will never touch the game more than likely. Now if I was playing the game with someone else and I liked it I would consider investing my time in it. But that's highly unlikely so you'll never see Hannah Montana on my trophy list. Also a person mentioned that playing a game with no online trophies could make a person a whore. Infant disagree with that enough. There are plenty of games without online trophies but are still highly rewarding. Both dead space games come to mind. Also mgs2. But I will agree that getting help but not helping sucks about as much as a crack whore. Oh and refusing to play a game with no trophy content because of that. I do that. I refuse to play oblivion and folklore dispute really wanting to. That's just how I am. If I want to play wih no virtual reward I'll play any of my older systems.

Now for my own definition (and again I do a lot of these things). Getting a game from the store, platting it and then returning it. I do this all the time. Out of the plats that I have that didn't take more than a week to get with the exception of enslaved and legends of Wrestlemania I "rented" the game from GameStop and took it back after I achieved my platinum. Also I still own gow chains of Olympus. But there are reasons for me doing this. One is I'm not made out of mOney and if I can play some games and not pay for them why the hell not? Also after getting all the trophies in some games there is just nothing left to do if a game has online thats one thing but if not what's the point.

Also something that makes a whore is browsing this site, seeing the length required/trophy difficulty and then buying the game you think works best for that, possibly in an attempt to return the game. Again I do this. I'm a cheap bastard. What can I say?

And one more thing that I think makes a person (at least me) a whore is playing any game they can get their hands on. Not necessarily for a platinum but for whatever trophies they can achieve in the time theIy have with the title. I liken this to gobbling up trophies just as an actual prostitute gobbles up semen. Lol. That may not be very accurate but I said it. I started out like this. The first time I got a trophy I was hooked as I knew nothing about them until that point. From then on I just wanted to borrow games and whatnot. If I truly don't like something I try not to continue playing. But sometimes doing this can be highly rewarding. I had never played god of war until my ex let me borrow it when I got my first playstation and now it is my second favourite series.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

What is a trophy whore? I have this opinion that you should play games that you enjoy. Gaming is still a hobby, nobody 'earns' money by achieving trophies. Keep it a hobby and don't get obsessed by it. A trophy whore is somebody who wants to 'show' off to other people especially if they hacked games for the . I myself only goes for a if it's in reach, doable and if i like playing the game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

A. Plays games such as Hannah Montana, Megamind, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and UP for quick easy trophies.

B. Plats a game two/three times in different regional versions or on Vita and on PS3.

e.g. Sonic Sega Collection/Sonic Genesis Collection or Motorstorm RC on Vita and PS3.

C. Hacks a game

e.g. FUEL

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Someone who will play a game just for trophies even if they're not really enjoying it. Simple.
    good call chambers, couldnt have said it better myself, i play games i enjoy and if i dont enjoy them i stop playing them instead of forcing myself for trophies (im looking at you little big planet)

Lvl 4 - Silver

someone who only gets the really easy platinums, if they have no hard plats, or no attempts on hard plats, then they are a trophy whore

Gothams Silent Protector

Those dudes that burn through games to get the story achievements, sell the game and buy another game repeat.

Those dudes that brag about game completion percentage.

Those that play games they dont like for trophies and especially that play games that get plats by just playing the story.

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    Those dudes that brag about game completion percentage.
    Totally disagree with you here, I run an 100% account and it's not because I care about trophy points, but that I care about fully conquering a game. I like to brag, but it's because it's proof that I put the maximum work into each game I play - it's about skill, not the numbers on my trophy card.

There are lots of games where those who go for the 100% deserve massive props. Uncharted 2 and RDR come to mind. I can vouch firsthand that Arkham City is another; and I would not hesitate to brag over that one.

As to my definition of a trophy whore, as many have said, playing a game that isn't fun for the trophies. I also, though, include people who buy games just because they have easy trophies. I bought the J&D Collection, and though I knew it had easy trophies, my main purchasing call was the fact that I'd never gotten to play them on PS2, but had heard they were good. Buying it just for easy trophies would have been whorish.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Gothams Silent Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post
    Totally disagree with you here, I run an 100% account and it's not because I care about trophy points, but that I care about fully conquering a game. I like to brag, but it's because it's proof that I put the maximum work into each game I play - it's about skill, not the numbers on my trophy card.

There are lots of games where those who go for the 100% deserve massive props. Uncharted 2 and RDR come to mind. I can vouch firsthand that Arkham City is another; and I would not hesitate to brag over that one.

As to my definition of a trophy whore, as many have said, playing a game that isn't fun for the trophies. I also, though, include people who buy games just because they have easy trophies. I bought the J&D Collection, and though I knew it had easy trophies, my main purchasing call was the fact that I'd never gotten to play them on PS2, but had heard they were good. Buying it just for easy trophies would have been whorish.
    Err that was prob my bad. What i meant to say is people brag about 100% completion when it comes to games that are insanely easy or hacked their trophies/achievements.

100% on RDR and Batman AA and AC is something to brag about though i have to agree.

Resident Deadhead

<----------- This Guy
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

You weak azz niggs

<---- Has a terrible trophy list

Lvl 5 - Silver

Deliberately playing games with really easy trophy lists, whether you like the game or not.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Rainbow in the dark

Some people say they have a trophy wife, which means she's the perfect wife right? My definition would be that some of them refer there wife as a whore, or maybe some men have the perfect whore they like to visit.. I know for a fact that some pimps describe there bitches as a trophy whore.

For those of you still reading, yes i am joking and no i don't have anything thats on topic... bite me
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast