Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"?

This is a discussion on What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Having platinums for games you are ashamed of having. Going out and getting a game based solely on the fact ...

  1. #81
    100% Grizzly
    Bagel_Bear's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    9

    Having platinums for games you are ashamed of having. Going out and getting a game based solely on the fact that is it an easy platinum and not genuinely being interested in the game.

  2. #82
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    BoneSickle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Eastern Time Zone
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    11

    If you're not careful, Hannah Montana can give you Trophy STDs.

    Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

  3. #83
    The Grand Ray Legend
    Lightbringer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,920
    Reputation
    94

    Hanna Montana, Terminator Salvation, Megamind...well just trophys you are ashamed off
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw


  4. #84
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    BoneSickle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Eastern Time Zone
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Hanna Montana, Terminator Salvation, Megamind...well just trophys you are ashamed off
    Hey, I've got the Terminator Salvation platinum and I'm not ashamed of it in the least. I've been a fan of the franchise ever since I saw the first movie as a kid. The game itself was not bad at all for a rental. I had less fun playing Tomb Raider Underworld, which I didn't even bother to finish. I would've played Terminator regardless of how difficult the Trophies were, it just so happened to be a very simple list and a very short game.

    Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

  5. #85
    Saints Row IV
    brAvEhEaRtDC's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Okinawa,Japan
    Posts
    1,616
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Hanna Montana, Terminator Salvation, Megamind...well just trophys you are ashamed off
    You know there some people that love terminator (including me) and wanted to play the game.I really liked this game lol
    I agree with Hannah Montana and megamind but i dont with terminator
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat


    Click on my Signature to check my website




  6. #86
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,806
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Hanna Montana, Terminator Salvation, Megamind...well just trophys you are ashamed off
    Never played Hannah Montana or megamind (though I'll probably play the latter eventually; I am a trophy whore) but terminator salvation was some fun shite. It was frustrating at points but I genuinely had a lot of fun especially during the parts where you first meet Barnes. Now I know you mentioned the game because it actually is very simple to plat (and I did originally play it because of that) and not because you have any particular bias towards it but there is a good number of folks out there that like the game (and some folks like hm/megamind/etc). There should be some kind of clarification that goes: yer a whore if you play easy games just for easy trophies but you aren't necessarily a whore for playing an easy game if you genuinely like it.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  7. #87
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    812
    Reputation
    34

    why do people bring up terminator salvation,that game was harder to platinum than skyrim,all the assassins creed and uncharted games.

  8. #88
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,806
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    why do people bring up terminator salvation,that game was harder to platinum than skyrim,all the assassins creed and uncharted games.
    Are you on the pipe again my friend? It was difficult in the fact that the player would die continually but to say it was harder than those other games seems a wee bit far fetched.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  9. #89
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,431
    Reputation
    174

    Why are so many people so elite about their trophies? I'll piss a lot of people off saying this, but there is no difference from playing Hannah Montana for an easy platinum than boosting a trophy. I'm sorry, but if you boosted one trophy it means you couldn't cut it as a real gamer and had to have help from a friend to sit around and take head shots cause having random people moving requires...GASP...skill!!!

    Yes, I intentionally wanted to sound like a complete and utter douchebag tool, but its for a point. If people want to be all elitist about trophy profiles and trophies, then we might as well critique the other ways people get their trophies like boosting. Tsk Tsk Tsk For shame all you booster whores turning your back on one of your own...I'm sorry Hannah, they don't love you anymore.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  10. #90
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,806
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Why are so many people so elite about their trophies? I'll piss a lot of people off saying this, but there is no difference from playing Hannah Montana for an easy platinum than boosting a trophy. I'm sorry, but if you boosted one trophy it means you couldn't cut it as a real gamer and had to have help from a friend to sit around and take head shots cause having random people moving requires...GASP...skill!!!

    Yes, I intentionally wanted to sound like a complete and utter douchebag tool, but its for a point. If people want to be all elitist about trophy profiles and trophies, then we might as well critique the other ways people get their trophies like boosting. Tsk Tsk Tsk For shame all you booster whores turning your back on one of your own...I'm sorry Hannah, they don't love you anymore.
    I know that statement wasn't directed to me but this thread isn't necessarily to knock those we consider trophy whores. It's just to try an get a consensus on what makes a whore. A lot of the folks here are indeed whores due to one definition or other. I am a whore and I believe I've said that in each post I've made in this thread. Again this thread wasn't designed to ostracise any trophy whores. I don't think you were trying to do that that. You were just trying to give yet opinion just as everyone else. You just came off as a wee bit brusque when you did it.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  11. #91
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    emosgirl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    returning to the darkside
    Posts
    293
    Reputation
    41

    Someone who plays games strictly for the trophies and doesn't enjoy the game itself. They typically will sell their game immediately to buy the next game on their list. They never replay games or play games that have no trophies as it wastes their trophy collecting time.

  12. #92
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,806
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    Someone who plays games strictly for the trophies and doesn't enjoy the game itself. They typically will sell their game immediately to buy the next game on their list. They never replay games or play games that have no trophies as it wastes their trophy collecting time.
    I agree with a lot of this. I see a lot of myself in that statement. But I have to say a lot of games don't have replay ability outside of the trophies. And I personally get a lot of satisfaction out of playing just for trophies. I don't do that with all games but I do it often enough.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  13. #93
    100% Grizzly
    Bagel_Bear's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. I see a lot of myself in that statement. But I have to say a lot of games don't have replay ability outside of the trophies. And I personally get a lot of satisfaction out of playing just for trophies. I don't do that with all games but I do it often enough.
    Very often you'll see the trophies taking you through all of the content and sometimes even doing things you'd normally not even think to do.

  14. #94
    Send A Friend Request!
    TheMarine's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    3

    It's someone who would play the most easiest games in the world just to get a platinum.


    Signature And Avatar Made By Kid420247

    Member Of Perfect Platinum Streak
    Current Game - Batman Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition

  15. #95
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    PineappleTimbits's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    6

    I really don't even like this term, but I guess my definition of a trophy whore would be someone who hacks and buys their trophies, or someone who cares more about the game's trophy list than the game itself, that's it. I wouldn't consider someone who plays "easy" games to be a trophy whore because everybody has different views of what easy is. Who cares if someone has the Hannah Montana or Terminator: Salvation plats? Unless said person actually says they only got said games for the trophies, who gives a shit if they have them? How do you know they don't actually like said series or they have a little cousin or kid who asks to play the game with them? In my opinion, theses games are "whore" games simply because a lot of people don't like them not because of their supposedly easy trophy lists. Do people call you a trophy whore if you have any of the very easy Sly Cooper or Lego plats? No because they are well liked series. Do people call you a whore if you have the Ico or Trine 2 plats? No because they are also well liked games. If someone I know was a "trophy whore", I wouldn't even care what they did, unless they were bragging about it.

    When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

  16. #96
    The Grand Ray Legend
    Lightbringer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,920
    Reputation
    94

    My bad guys..didn't mean to offend the Terminator Salvation fans, it was just a joke lol
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw


  17. #97
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,431
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I know that statement wasn't directed to me but this thread isn't necessarily to knock those we consider trophy whores. It's just to try an get a consensus on what makes a whore. A lot of the folks here are indeed whores due to one definition or other. I am a whore and I believe I've said that in each post I've made in this thread. Again this thread wasn't designed to ostracise any trophy whores. I don't think you were trying to do that that. You were just trying to give yet opinion just as everyone else. You just came off as a wee bit brusque when you did it.
    I was being an ass on purpose for the sake of the point I was making, and yes, it was directed at no one in particular. I just find the thread, no offense to you, needed a different perspective because its a giant bash fest of particular games which in my opinion degrades trophy hunting overall. A trophy is a trophy and if we, as gamers, are going to be elitist and get on a high horse singling out certain games as more whorish than others, we're forgetting the important fact that every trophy hunter is a trophy whore. Pick the game you play, it doesn't matter which one, but you are a whore for that game and people are in self-denial. Hannah Montana is no more whorish than Uncharted or Final Fantasy. In fact I would call someone who grinds out trophies on an RPG or something requiring lots of collectibles like Uncharted/GoW an even bigger whore in denial because it's obvious they are doing something they hate ONLY for the trophy.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  18. #98
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,739
    Reputation
    449

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I was being an ass on purpose for the sake of the point I was making, and yes, it was directed at no one in particular. I just find the thread, no offense to you, needed a different perspective because its a giant bash fest of particular games which in my opinion degrades trophy hunting overall. A trophy is a trophy and if we, as gamers, are going to be elitist and get on a high horse singling out certain games as more whorish than others, we're forgetting the important fact that every trophy hunter is a trophy whore. Pick the game you play, it doesn't matter which one, but you are a whore for that game and people are in self-denial. Hannah Montana is no more whorish than Uncharted or Final Fantasy. In fact I would call someone who grinds out trophies on an RPG or something requiring lots of collectibles like Uncharted/GoW an even bigger whore in denial because it's obvious they are doing something they hate ONLY for the trophy.
    Ding Ding Ding.

    Megamind was a lot of fun and getting the was enjoyable. Getting Treasure Hunter on FF13 wasn't hard, it was just long and tedious.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  19. #99
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Some of my Plat's seem like I just went for them for the ease, but stuff like Back to the Future, and super hero games, I enjoy playing through them, and if the Plat is easy, I'll go for it, why not? What I think a whore is someone going through a game that is notorious for being bad, or the person doesn't enjoy, and goes for the Plat. Also, Hannah Montana. I would never want that on my trophy list.

  20. #100
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,806
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I was being an ass on purpose for the sake of the point I was making, and yes, it was directed at no one in particular. I just find the thread, no offense to you, needed a different perspective because its a giant bash fest of particular games which in my opinion degrades trophy hunting overall. A trophy is a trophy and if we, as gamers, are going to be elitist and get on a high horse singling out certain games as more whorish than others, we're forgetting the important fact that every trophy hunter is a trophy whore. Pick the game you play, it doesn't matter which one, but you are a whore for that game and people are in self-denial. Hannah Montana is no more whorish than Uncharted or Final Fantasy. In fact I would call someone who grinds out trophies on an RPG or something requiring lots of collectibles like Uncharted/GoW an even bigger whore in denial because it's obvious they are doing something they hate ONLY for the trophy.
    You definite gave the thread a new perspective. And I agree that grind for hours with a game, doing something that you dislike, in an tattempt to get a trophy, is VERY whorish. Most folks seem to look over that. With a game like terminator salvation there is not grinding. For the platinum you just have to beat the game on hard. That's it. If you boot it up dislike it and keep playing for the trophies yer a huge whore. If you boot it up like it and keep playing her not necessarily a whore. And as for RPGs there is a to. Of grinding involved. Take new Vegas for example. My last three trophies needed for the platinum were the trophies for healing with food playing caravan and getting kicked out of the casinos. I had to be a whore about those because I wasn't concerned with any of those tasks during actual gameplay. I grew to like playing caravan but if there had not been a trophy associated with it I would've never played that particular minigame.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO