Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"?

This is a discussion on What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I see a lot of heat on this subject and I just wanted to get a take on the rest ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"?

I see a lot of heat on this subject and I just wanted to get a take on the rest of the communites' views on it. Here's my definition below.

Trophy Whore- Someone who is willing to diminish the value of their trophy collection and pride by buying/playing a game notorious for easy trophies or platinums just for a simple ding. Sometimes forgetting the true meaning of video games, which sole purpose alone was to provide satisfaction amd fun.

(Example: A grown man that is not a fan or has little to no interest in the show/movie playing Hannah Montana: The Movie just for an increase in trophies.)

Adj.

What is your definition of a "Trophy Whore"? Please post below...

Proud member of the following groups:

Perfect Platinum Streak
    Kingdom Hearts

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Grown Man Playing Hannah Montana HAHA some people have kids and they might buy them you never know some1's reasons for playing a game but that would be a trophy whore.

I see trophy whores as people always asking for help for trophies but never help other players, never stick and play with one game for fun instead being on a mission to accomplish their next milestone. People obsessed with adding trophies to FB?! LAME also playing games that consist of no online trophies.

I want to add on also people that want to know what games you can Plat in a day to see whats easiest out there that involve little to no skill what so ever!
    Last edited by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper; 07-21-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Add On

The One and Only

My definition of a "trophy whore" is someone who would go out of their way to get the easiest and most "cheap" trophies to get their trophy count up. Why the hell would someone play a game as silly as Hannah Montana, not like it, and beat the game? Most likely it's because of trophies. That's just one example.

If you don't play the game for the game to start with, and you throw it away right after you finish it, especially games that you don't like to start with, I would consider you as a trophy whore. Is that a bad thing? People might look at it as a bad thing, but I don't. I consider it as a play style, and if that's what someone wants to do, I see nothing wrong with doing it since it's only video games and their money.

Whether or not someone is a trophy whore, I still have some respect for gamers who are willing to challenge themselves and complete certain games or a certain amount of games, dedicating their time to doing all of that is not as easy as it may sound when you have busy lives and/or when you play through games that are difficult and/or very time consuming or a grind.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 5 - Silver

MannyCalavera

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Grown Man Playing Hannah Montana HAHA some people have kids and they might buy them you never know some1's reasons for playing a game but that would be a trophy whore.

I see trophy whores as people always asking for help for trophies but never help other players, never stick and play with one game for fun instead being on a mission to accomplish their next milestone. People obsessed with adding trophies to FB?! LAME also playing games that consist of no online trophies
    How does playing games with no online trophies make them a trophy whore?

A person who will play/buy/hack games just to hear the ding. Personally I think trophies suck but thats my opinion.

PRO Member

Trophy Whore-Someone who plays a known "easy" game they have no interest in just to earn trophies.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post

A person who will play/buy/hack games just to hear the ding. Personally I think trophies suck but thats my opinion.
    I say this simply because some people look for online 1 player games or games with no MP trophies because most of them are a grind fest its not intended for everyone its not meant to i just know some of these players. i won't take away nothing from 1 player games or gamers cause i play a lot of them just cause i have a family job n school so i dont have much time to be online

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    I see trophy whores as people always asking for help for trophies but never help other players, never stick and play with one game for fun instead being on a mission to accomplish their next milestone.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    also playing games that consist of no online trophies
    This part, not so much. I prefer not to deal with online trophies because some servers are crap and playing online is annoying when you have people yelling through their mic calling you names.

PRO Member

Hanna Montana is the best example but for femele gamers is cool

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I see trophy whores as people always asking for help for trophies but never help other players, never stick and play with one game for fun instead being on a mission to accomplish their next milestone. People obsessed with adding trophies to FB?! LAME also playing games that consist of no online trophies.

I want to add on also people that want to know what games you can Plat in a day to see whats easiest out there that involve little to no skill what so ever!
    Right, you hit it on the nail with that last statement, I saw that thredad earlier today. I didn't even bother looking at the thread. It's a shame...

Proud member of the following groups:

Perfect Platinum Streak
    Kingdom Hearts

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    My definition of a "trophy whore" is someone who would go out of their way to get the easiest and most "cheap" trophies to get their trophy count up. Why the hell would someone play a game as silly as Hannah Montana, not like it, and beat the game? Most likely it's because of trophies. That's just one example.

If you don't play the game for the game to start with, and you throw it away right after you finish it, especially games that you don't like to start with, I would consider you as a trophy whore. Is that a bad thing? People might look at it as a bad thing, but I don't. I consider it as a play style, and if that's what someone wants to do, I see nothing wrong with doing it since it's only video games and their money.

Whether or not someone is a trophy whore, I still have some respect for gamers who are willing to challenge themselves and complete certain games or a certain amount of games, dedicating their time to doing all of that is not as easy as it may sound when you have busy lives and/or when you play through games that are difficult and/or very time consuming or a grind.

Couldn’t have put it any better myself DaRe!
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Trophy Whore- A male/female gamer who plays unacceptable & or crappy games just because they are easy and know they can not handle not having tons of trophies at one time, therefore going for easy platinums for the satisfaction instead of playing the game for a "fun" purpose.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post

I agree with DaRe *gives DaRe a pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    MannyCalavera

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Smashguy

Sinner and Saint

Achilles_XLII. What a whore. In seriousness though, I think Dare said it pretty well. I am pretty guilty of throwing certain games to the side when I've gotten the plat though (Mirror's Edge being one I can think of off the top of my head; just didn't really care for it that much but powered through it.)

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Kiwi Defender

Someone who plays games for the sole purpose of getting trophies without enjoying them. In the process, they may do whatever it is they can to make the collecting easier, which could be playing on the easiest difficulty settings, using glitches or simply playing "kid" games with simple trophies that take as little time as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    MannyCalavera16
    There, fixed that for you.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I say this simply because some people look for online 1 player games or games with no MP trophies because most of them are a grind fest its not intended for everyone its not meant to i just know some of these players. i won't take away nothing from 1 player games or gamers cause i play a lot of them just cause i have a family job n school so i dont have much time to be online
    Seeing that I dont think you really get the question at hand I think I will just leave what I had to say alone.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post

You do know this is a trophy guide site.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Hanna Montana is the best example but for femele gamers is cool
    Even female gamers think Hannah Montana plat is lame

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    You do know this is a trophy guide site.. right?
    Err like I said I think they suck does not mean I dont collect trophies. Trophies are meant to show what you have accomplished in a game not to look at a game and say"Stupid MP trophies, I wont play this title because this" or "I hope this game has a plat or Im not buying it". Sorry but I have been gaming for the past 24 years and I getting tired of people complaining about crap like this.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

One willing to partake in several sexual acts in return for digital rewards.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

My Own Worst Enemy

Someone who sucks dick for trophy money.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast