Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Bans PS3 Hackers

This is a discussion on Sony Bans PS3 Hackers within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; It seems like Sony is taking some serious action against hackers once again. Direct quote from an article on IGN. ...

AKA ZeusDestroyer

Sony Bans PS3 Hackers

It seems like Sony is taking some serious action against hackers once again.

Direct quote from an article on IGN. Here's the link: Sony Banning PlayStation 3 Hackers - IGN
    Sony will permanently ban PlayStation 3 hackers. In a statement posted on PlayStation’s official site, Sony acknowledges that “unauthorized software for the PlayStation 3 system was recently released by hackers” and warns players that use of the software violates the PlayStation 3 license agreement and PlayStation Network community code of conduct.

According to Sony, “violation of the System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 system invalidates the consumer's right to access that system” and “consumers running unauthorized or pirated software may have their access to the PlayStation Network and access to Sony Entertainment Network services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently.” The statement adds “to avoid permanent termination, consumers must immediately cease using and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.”
    Sony adds that terminating PSN access for hackers is part of an effort “to help provide a safe, fair, online environment.” This isn’t the first time Sony has cracked down on players for breaching its user agreement, following a similar statement released last year.
    It's nice to know we may not have to worry about hackers online ruining everyone else's fun, assuming this action is effective.

Lvl 7 - Gold

ib4 'homebrew defense'

I'm curious to know what tactic they used to find them. Most games don't have any sort of grief report system.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    ib4 'homebrew defense'

I'm curious to know what tactic they used to find them. Most games don't have any sort of grief report system.
    Sony Scans your entire home network, PS3 programs, etc. using your ps3. and reports it back to sony.

because you know, paranoia.

Homebrewers have found ways to block this so they can use the psn while having 100% freedom but whatever.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Homebrewers have found ways to block this so they can use the psn while having 100% freedom but whatever.
    No they haven't but whatever. I haven't checked in the last few days, but as of last week, CFW could not be hidden while accessing the PSN.

Whenever you boot up your PS3, it dials home to report system logs of user activity. That's regardless of whether you connect to the PSN or not. Some of those logs can be wiped in CFW when you use programs like Multiman, but not all traces of CFW can be hidden and they're easy to trace.

Furthermore, Multiman will display as your current game in the XMB to PSN friends and in chat client like Raptr. There are ways around that, but again, they're easy to trace.

To mask a CFW PS3 means disabling PSN access or network access completely, which entirely defeats the purpose of the newest CFW releases.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    No they haven't but whatever. I haven't checked in the last few days, but as of last week, CFW could not be hidden while accessing the PSN.
    I thought they were able to via spoofing and stuff like that.

illegal in 9 countries

I thought they were able to via spoofing and stuff like that.
    Spoofing tricks the PSN into thinking the latest OFW firmware version is installed, granting access to online gaming, PS Store etc. But it doesn't hide the CFW signatures from the logfiles sent to Sony on every boot-up.

There are apps to mask Multiman use (poorly) but they can't hide the very traceable signatures of CFW in the OS. Prior CFW versions managed to block the home dial-up to Sony's servers, but that was only working because the PSN was offline to them anyway. With PSN back online for CFW, CFW is back on Sony's radar.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Resident PHD

Sony Scans your entire home network, PS3 programs, etc. using your ps3. and reports it back to sony.

because you know, paranoia.

So when sony does it it is bad, if MS scans your downloads then it is a good thing.

also i like this idea to be honest.

some dipshit downloads retarded thing that puts viruses and crap on your computer, microsofts smart screen detects that it does that and notifys the microsoft server that this file is bad. so after a few bad eggs keep happening with that one file microsoft can put a protector on it to notify people that the file may be a bad idea to open.

better protection for everyone.
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pc...-you-make.html

Oh hypocrisy I love you

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    on windows 8 you can turn it off

on the ps3 though...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

so this is going to crack down users who have platinums in 3 mins? just curious i dont care about them
    i havent been much into the goings on about CFW so im surprised those systems were still getting online
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    so this is going to crack down users who have platinums in 3 mins? just curious i dont care about them
    i havent been much into the goings on about CFW so im surprised those systems were still getting online
    No. That's mostly done through hacked saves, not CFW, so Sony doesn't care about it.

CFW enables the use of pirated software which directly threatens their business. CFW has been PSN-blocked recently for a few months by various OFW updates. Now the LV0 keys have been leaked, PSN access is back and can't be blocked in future OFW releases. So console bans are Sony's best defense against CFW.

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Hopefully they get rid of the hackers then, but I will still continue to enjoy my games.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Kiwi Defender

This means I won't be able to download that one emulator on my PS3. Boomer!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

On the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    This means I won't be able to download that one emulator on my PS3. Boomer!
    Not necessarily, there is a new hardware mod coming out soon called 3KEY that uses Bluray emulation to make your wish still possible.

sig by Mercinarie

Angel of Death

Don't even care aboutthe trophy hackers right now, I'm just glad they get rid of annoying online hackers, like the assholes on Modern Warfare 1 and 2.

The One and Only

Sounds like something Sony should be doing. If people are going to willingly break the Software License Agreement, they might as well play in a different game system. I won't feel sorry for those who gets their system terminated, and deserve it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Alls I can say is that it is about time... absolutely hate the people that hack online.

Banned

I also forgot to say my other post regarding this major problem that I might have no choice to go revert back to my PS2 days again for the rest of my life if this problem has been solved.

Resident PHD

on windows 8 you can turn it off

on the ps3 though...
    I am not talking about turning it off or on. I am talking about supporting it fully in one thread vs bashing it in another. In the Windows thread you loved the idea, here you don't love the idea...and you aren't a Troll

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I am not talking about turning it off or on. I am talking about supporting it fully in one thread vs bashing it in another. In the Windows thread you loved the idea, here you don't love the idea...and you aren't a Troll
    This is why I wish we had a like feature like Facebook.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    This is why I wish we had a like feature like Facebook.
    And this is why we ignore your posts both on the forums and the CB, NFP .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast