Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune announced for PS Vita

This is a discussion on Uncharted: Fight For Fortune announced for PS Vita within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Introducing Uncharted: Fight For Fortune for PS Vita – PlayStation.Blog.Europe...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune announced for PS Vita

Last edited by Silent Assassin; 11-19-2012 at 06:02 PM.

PRO Member

Not for me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

not for me

Prayer Warrior

WTF???? this is just ridiculous. this is a prime example of what milking a series is all about. this is an abomination and should have never be put into existence.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

INTJ

i guess this is just proof sony realized the vita is dead and went "fuck it all"

Along with the release of Uncharted Fight for Fortune, we will also release a new patch for Uncharted: Golden Abyss that will power up the artefacts that you’ve collected for immediate use within Fight for Fortune. Using the artefacts found within Golden Abyss, you can go to battle with other players as well as AI opponents. The game can also be played independently of Golden Abyss, so owning the PS Vita title is not required.

"you don't like the game? Too bad we force it in other games you might like."

Gotham's Reckoning

Wow that game is completely unnecessary. Instead of making some shitty Top Trumps style game, make a proper Uncharted game instead.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

$0.99 cent card game
    +
    $4 licensing fee
    =
    this
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

PRO Member

As soon as I read "Turn based card game" I went "fuck this"
    Way to go milking the Uncharted series by making "Uncharted - The Yu-gi-oh edition" -___-

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Lvl 9 - Gold

Bleh, sounds like the PSP's Metal Gear Ac!d games, which I believe weren't that good. I don't have a Vita yet, but if I pick one up, then I reckon I'll pass on this game.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i think ill pass

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Legalize it...

Omfg...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Bleh, sounds like the PSP's Metal Gear Ac!d games, which I believe weren't that good. I don't have a Vita yet, but if I pick one up, then I reckon I'll pass on this game.
    I actually really enjoyed both Metal Gear Ac!d games and thought they were well worth the price. Card games as a whole are fairly cheap to make, and low risk ventures. Despite the fact that a lot of the elitist out there don't like the genre - I am pretty sure that there are enough people out there who grew up with CTCGs as a memorable part of their childhood (or in the case of some of my friends, onto their adulthood).

The genre has made a comeback lately with online play becoming so standard, and not needing "link cables" or another whole unit and copy of the game to enjoy the title. The genre is also extremely popular in Japan and is a good way to integrate new customers into the Uncharted franchise.

--

People are acting like Naughty Dog is spending developmental resources on this, when they aren't, it's Bend studios working on it (the same people who made Uncharted: Golden Abyss). So hold your horses on the "sell-out" comments, and be happy that a gaming studio has another project to work on and employment is steady until another project comes along. I swear, by the sounds of it you are so idealistic and nonsensical to the subject, that you come off as totally entitled and impossible to please whiny brats.

But hey, fuck people in the gaming industry having jobs - I don't want things to "sell-out" or think anything that doesn't resonate with you immediately isn't worth anybody's time.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I actually really enjoyed both Metal Gear Ac!d games and thought they were well worth the price. Card games as a whole are fairly cheap to make, and low risk ventures. Despite the fact that a lot of the elitist out there don't like the genre - I am pretty sure that there are enough people out there who grew up with CTCGs as a memorable part of their childhood (or in the case of some of my friends, onto their adulthood).

The genre has made a comeback lately with online play becoming so standard, and not needing "link cables" or another whole unit and copy of the game to enjoy the title. The genre is also extremely popular in Japan and is a good way to integrate new customers into the Uncharted franchise.

--

People are acting like Naughty Dog is spending developmental resources on this, when they aren't, it's Bend studios working on it (the same people who made Uncharted: Golden Abyss). So hold your horses on the "sell-out" comments, and be happy that a gaming studio has another project to work on and employment is steady until another project comes along. I swear, by the sounds of it you are so idealistic and nonsensical to the subject, that you come off as totally entitled and impossible to please whiny brats.

But hey, fuck people in the gaming industry having jobs - I don't want things to "sell-out" or think anything that doesn't resonate with you immediately isn't worth anybody's time.
    ... just because this gives people a job doesn't make it right dude :/
    They basically just slapped the Uncharted name over an entirely different game (like seriously wtf does a card based strategy game have to do with Uncharted?) to make people buy it ... this is straight bullshit ... if they want to make a game like this, fine with me ... but make it a new stand alone game ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didn't decry the game or say it was a waste of time, or anything along those lines. I merely stated that I didn't think a card-based game would be to my liking. Just because I don't see myself buying it, doesn't mean that I don't think anyone else should. The game actually sounds interesting enough and if, as you said, it helps introduce new gamers to the Uncharted franchise, then that can only be a good thing. I've never played a CTCG before, so I'm really in no position to make derogatory remarks about them. Perhaps if I were to buy it and give it a shot, then I may actually like it; but until/unless that happens, we'll never know.

I did contemplate buying Metal Gear Ac!d to see what it was like, but never did so - never even bought a PSP, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    ... just because this gives people a job doesn't make it right dude :/
    They basically just slapped the Uncharted name over an entirely different game (like seriously wtf does a card based strategy game have to do with Uncharted?) to make people buy it ... this is straight bullshit ... if they want to make a game like this, fine with me ... but make it a new stand alone game ...
    Here's a little educational fact: most CTCG's make no sense what so ever and created from nothing. You can plug anything into a card game and it will work, as long as the CTCG has rules and balance. It's the way CTCG's are usually built up from - they take something marketable and tack it on to a preexisting system and make tweaks in the names of certain things to make the subject matter cohesive with the rules.

There will be people who will buy this because it has Uncharted associated with it. There are also people who will play the game because of it being a CTCG and then move on to give Uncharted a chance because of it. It's a win-win for franchise expansion and familiarity.

But hey, you're the guy who lives in idealistic means, and thinks that the platform, the game itself, and the franchise, would be better off as something stand alone, with no brand attachment. That sounds like a totally brilliant business move for all parties. Because you know, the Uncharted brand name is going to suffer irrefutable damage from being associated with something like this - which would be better off disassociated from everything.

Seriously, sometimes I am scared at how little common sense exists anymore...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Here's a little educational fact: most CTCG's make no sense what so ever and created from nothing. You can plug anything into a card game and it will work, as long as the CTCG has rules and balance. It's the way CTCG's are usually built up from - they take something marketable and tack it on to a preexisting system and make tweaks in the names of certain things to make the subject matter cohesive with the rules.

There will be people who will buy this because it has Uncharted associated with it. There are also people who will play the game because of it being a CTCG and then move on to give Uncharted a chance because of it. It's a win-win for franchise expansion and familiarity.

But hey, you're the guy who lives in idealistic means, and thinks that the platform, the game itself, and the franchise, would be better off as something stand alone, with no brand attachment. That sounds like a totally brilliant business move for all parties. Because you know, the Uncharted brand name is going to suffer irrefutable damage from being associated with something like this - which would be better off disassociated from everything.

Seriously, sometimes I am scared at how little common sense exists anymore...
    True enough

But this is all looking at it from a marketing point of view, having the Uncharted name is clearly whats going to be the seller for this game

Its just that the quality of the game itself probably won't benefit from this ... in the end its still just a card game with known characters faces
    ... and sorry if I sounded a but pissed before, its just I never liked these types of games before and when I read the title I got all excited for a new Uncharted game xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    True enough

But this is all looking at it from a marketing point of view, having the Uncharted name is clearly whats going to be the seller for this game

Its just that the quality of the game itself probably won't benefit from this ... in the end its still just a card game with known characters faces
    ... and sorry if I sounded a but pissed before, its just I never liked these types of games before and when I read the title I got all excited for a new Uncharted game xD
    No problem, sorry for kinda directing my disdain in your direction mainly. It's just the amount of backlash is fairly unwarranted for how cheap (as in affordable, not poorly made) and harmless this title is.

I think we're not that far off from a new Uncharted game. The question is whether or not it will put a bookend on this generation (on PlayStation 3) or will be the prize title for the next announced system. Something tells me with how quiet Naughty Dog has been with their main development crew, an announcement is coming in the near future. It's been Sony's most acclaimed and breakout hit this generation, and I doubt we are very far off from 4's inevitable leak.

Resident PHD

I would like to start with, I think this is a terrible idea for a game. But then I would like to say, can you really blame Sony?

If Sony made some trading card game and put it on PSN, it wouldn't sell very well. By slapping Uncharted, or Littlebig Planet or God of War on it it has a chance of doing well. Now a lot of people here are throwing the "milking a franchise" around but how are they doing anything that any other company hasn't done before.

I walked into EB yesterday and half the store was Halo stuff. Halo toys, halo t-shirts, halo lego. I walk into 7-11 and halo cups, halo mountain dew etc. Nintendo is famous for doing this with Pokemon and Mario as well.

I think we are going to see Sony start doing this a lot more, because they have seen the other two companies make great success out of having only 1 or 2 franchises. This is why we are seeing things like Littlebig Planet Karting (instead of Modnation 2) Playstation Allstars, and now this card game.

Having a lot of IPs is great, but studies have shown that people buy into brands. So Sony is going to start using their more popular IPs to help build more brand loyalty.

They are actually the last company to do this, yet people are acting like they are the first. Go into a toy section at Toys R Us and see how much mario, pokemon, halo toys there are. Puzzles, posters, t-shirts, toys, legos, bed spread, card games, hats etc. That is milking a franchise, a little card game isn't.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Cipher sent us to hell

I loved the Metal Gear Ac!d games and I will remain open to this one as well since I love the Uncharted games. Who knows? It may turn out to be pretty fun.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    If Sony made some trading card game and put it on PSN, it wouldn't sell very well. By slapping Uncharted, or Littlebig Planet or God of War on it it has a chance of doing well.
    If nintendo can't make a successful trading card system with it's giant plethora of memorable ips that literally gives out free good games on the cards, then no one can do it properly.

(by the way, im talking about the e-reader)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast