Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

When you play a game for trophies when does it start to feel like "Work" more then fun ?

This is a discussion on When you play a game for trophies when does it start to feel like "Work" more then fun ? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I'm playing Dragon's Dogma for a 3rd playthrough i have 4 trophies left and i missed these on the other ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When you play a game for trophies when does it start to feel like "Work" more then fun ?

I'm playing Dragon's Dogma for a 3rd playthrough i have 4 trophies left and i missed these on the other playthroughs for one reason or another so right now this handful of trophies feels like a friggin job.
    oh yes and lets not forget getting to level cap i'm 107/200 FML
    PSN-SlyFox5679
    I will die on my feet before i live on my knees

Lvl 9 - Gold

10,000 kills (Resistance 2) - that's not fun, that's brutal.
    $5,000,000 (GTA IV) - see above
    Reach max. level online (Transformers WFC/FOC, RDR) - they can be good fun when playing with friends, but after a while you just want it to end!
    Play 8 full playthroughs (MGS4) - I've yet to actually do this, but EIGHT playthroughs?! Come on! I love MGS4 to death, but this is taking the mickey just a tad.

Up the Irons!

When I have to do a huge grind. If that's the case, I usually don't go for it, unless it's the last trophy until platinum. I just don't see a simple trophy being worth X amount of hours of my lifetime.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    When I have to do a huge grind. If that's the case, I usually don't go for it, unless it's the last trophy until platinum. I just don't see a simple trophy being worth X amount of hours of my lifetime.
    I 100% agree with you, bud. Unless its a game i really fall in love with.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

when i have to level grind or item grind. since they apply mostly to rpgs its something i expect going in. i just have my laptop playing videos and music so im have something to kill the boredom

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Angel of Death

Anything that requires excessive amounts of grinding. Usually MP level trophies aren't boring because MP is fun, but maxing out in FF XIII... Oh, brutal to say the least...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Try Mortal Kombat...I gave up on that game. It's absolutely insane.

Lvl 7 - Gold

99.9% of multiplayer trophies, and trophies that heavily rely on luck or a random occurrence outside your control (not talking about drop rates of an item or something, yet more like game objects interacting with each other in an a-typical way). I don't mind grinding trophies, so long as it revolves something I enjoy doing in the first place.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    99.9% of multiplayer trophies, and trophies that heavily rely on luck or a random occurrence outside your control (not talking about drop rates of an item or something, yet more like game objects interacting with each other in an a-typical way). I don't mind grinding trophies, so long as it revolves something I enjoy doing in the first place.
    ........this^

Lvl 3 - Bronze

grind trophies
    skill trophies
    online trophies
    pure luck trophies

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Depending on the length of the game, any more than 3 playthroughs is stupid.

I also hate grinding, like the extra 20 hours grinding for items in FFXIII, and repetitive action trophies, like "kill 50 enemies with exploding barrels" or some shit; it takes the fun out of it.

Also any trophies that require other players, so either multiplayer or co-op.

What I love are trophies that reward you for doing unique and interesting things, like Borderlands 2's "Well That Was Easy" trophy.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Grinding for kills, searching for collectibles (especially games that don't allow chapter select, so you have to get them all in one go), and multiple playthroughs because difficulties don't stack.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

Lvl 4 - Silver

I enjoy grinding trophies (when its offline gameplay ). Anything online is work and troublesome.

Lvl 7 - Gold

grinding trophys and luck based are crap, skill based trophys are good as it makes you better (EVEN AFTER THE RAGE LOL). mortal kombat is a good one 400hrs that you dont even need to be present for.. im not leving my ps3 on for that long just for 1 trophy. black ops 2 160 challenges some luck most skill based 100 would have been plenty....

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I agree with Percy, my sentiments on trophies and grinding exactly

Lvl 2 - Bronze

for me

1) grinding your team till maximum
    2) finding treasure that you keep on missing ....
    3) platinum for playing the game again - @thread started ... i am in the same boat for the dragon dogma soon
    4) Multiplayer trophy cuz my net is shit tier ~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

some trophies lately were driving me nuts "Hero" trophy for Dragons Dogma drove me to drink when i was doing that you couldn't miss any quests or you were screwed. and currently playing ME1 and going to hate "Hardcore & Insanity" difficulty trophies i'm not fond of hard more trophies i won't lie lol but i like them more then playing online for trophies since very few people are game to help others out that i've delt with in the past.
    PSN-SlyFox5679
    I will die on my feet before i live on my knees

PRO Member

Multiple playthroughs kill me. MGS4 I bailed on because by playthrough 3 I was so sick of that game. I may go back to it soon but I just dont see the point in more then 2 playthroughs at most in a game. Lvl grind trophies are pretty shitty too but nothing compared to playing a game 5 times lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Max payne 3: the shadows rushed me.
    Space marine: getting all the gun challenges done in multiplayer.. which are insane.
    Playing through campaigns like 5-6 times, just because you "have to" to get all the trophies.
    MP trophies that are very difficult to obtain through normal play, max level once or something are usually fine.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It only ever feels like work if the game sucks or I'm not enjoying playing it anymore

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast