Roxio Game Cap

This is a discussion on Roxio Game Cap within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; ( Game Capture - Capture Video Games - Roxio ) So I've been using this for a while now and ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Roxio Game Cap

(Game Capture - Capture Video Games - Roxio)
    So I've been using this for a while now and I've got to say it's actually pretty good. Okay the output is technically not HD (They do have a HD model now though) but it's still good enough and clear enough.
    At least, I think it is anyway, what do you guys think? https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxymoron028/videos?view=0

Anyway, does anyone else here have this bit of hardware? What software do you use with it? the one provided? Or your own combo?

I personally use VirtualDub for recording (uncompressed AVIs ftw) and Sony Vegas for editing/exporting. Seems to get the best quality for me anyway!

illegal in 9 countries

I was tempted by the Roxio awhile ago, but back in June the Elgato Game Capture came out and I've been happy as a pig in poo ever since.

I play PS3 at my desk on the PS 3DTV while capturing to an iMac next to it @ 720p. It's capable of 1080 but YouTube's 720p at best, so I'd rather record at the native resolution than downscale the video.

Editing is easily done in the Elgato software, but I supplement with iMovie for titling because it's dead easy to use. If I want to get fancy, I'll whip out Motion 5, but haven't needed to just yet.

Both Elgato's editing app and iMovie upload straight to YouTube as an export option.

ant1th3s1s on PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I was tempted by the Roxio awhile ago, but back in June the Elgato Game Capture came out and I've been happy as a pig in poo ever since.

I play PS3 at my desk on the PS 3DTV while capturing to an iMac next to it @ 720p. It's capable of 1080 but YouTube's 720p at best, so I'd rather record at the native resolution than downscale the video.

Editing is easily done in the Elgato software, but I supplement with iMovie for titling because it's dead easy to use. If I want to get fancy, I'll whip out Motion 5, but haven't needed to just yet.

Both Elgato's editing app and iMovie upload straight to YouTube as an export option.
    I beleive GiantBomb use the Elgato Game Capture. I've had the Roxio for quite a while now it's only recently that I've start to use it. And I think it's really good for the price of it.

Yeah I try to export to 720 as it's what I get best quality from. I was forced to export using WMM though for the black ops video hence the 1080. Doesn't look too bad though!