Roxio Game Cap

This is a discussion on Roxio Game Cap within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; ( Game Capture - Capture Video Games - Roxio ) So I've been using this for a while now and ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Roxio Game Cap

(Game Capture - Capture Video Games - Roxio)
    So I've been using this for a while now and I've got to say it's actually pretty good. Okay the output is technically not HD (They do have a HD model now though) but it's still good enough and clear enough.
    At least, I think it is anyway, what do you guys think? https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxymoron028/videos?view=0

Anyway, does anyone else here have this bit of hardware? What software do you use with it? the one provided? Or your own combo?

I personally use VirtualDub for recording (uncompressed AVIs ftw) and Sony Vegas for editing/exporting. Seems to get the best quality for me anyway!

illegal in 9 countries

I was tempted by the Roxio awhile ago, but back in June the Elgato Game Capture came out and I've been happy as a pig in poo ever since.

I play PS3 at my desk on the PS 3DTV while capturing to an iMac next to it @ 720p. It's capable of 1080 but YouTube's 720p at best, so I'd rather record at the native resolution than downscale the video.

Editing is easily done in the Elgato software, but I supplement with iMovie for titling because it's dead easy to use. If I want to get fancy, I'll whip out Motion 5, but haven't needed to just yet.

Both Elgato's editing app and iMovie upload straight to YouTube as an export option.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I was tempted by the Roxio awhile ago, but back in June the Elgato Game Capture came out and I've been happy as a pig in poo ever since.

I play PS3 at my desk on the PS 3DTV while capturing to an iMac next to it @ 720p. It's capable of 1080 but YouTube's 720p at best, so I'd rather record at the native resolution than downscale the video.

Editing is easily done in the Elgato software, but I supplement with iMovie for titling because it's dead easy to use. If I want to get fancy, I'll whip out Motion 5, but haven't needed to just yet.

Both Elgato's editing app and iMovie upload straight to YouTube as an export option.
    I beleive GiantBomb use the Elgato Game Capture. I've had the Roxio for quite a while now it's only recently that I've start to use it. And I think it's really good for the price of it.

Yeah I try to export to 720 as it's what I get best quality from. I was forced to export using WMM though for the black ops video hence the 1080. Doesn't look too bad though!