Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sony announcing the PS4 in February?

This is a discussion on Sony announcing the PS4 in February? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Well better save up for ground Zeroes..and 4..dang......

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well better save up for ground Zeroes..and 4..dang...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i would like to be but........ CEO said many times that they won't do it before microsoft does with xbox, so unless it happens on the next 15 days ........ i would bet in games, apps and other services.........

would be smarter to announce and show at E3 for a way bigger exposure and possible steal a ton of xbox consumers right under xbox nose xD and on xbox own turf (north america) xD

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I read that the PS4 won't allow you to play pre-owned games. What will happen to all the games we've finished / don't play any more? I throw my games on eBay as soon as I've platinumed them.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Just a rumour and I doubt it'll be true.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It isn't the PS4!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Didn't Sony say that if/when they announce the PS4, that they would do it before E3?

I know they mentioned that they would like to wait and see what Micro$oft does first though.

Either way, I'm still not sold on Feb. 20th being the PS4 announcement.

PRO Member

Honestly ... I don't know

But if this turns out to be true ... I hope to god that the touchpad controller rumor is a load of #%&@ ... no offence Nintendo, but touch doesn't work so good with serious games ... just saying

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by WildeThang View Post
    I read that the PS4 won't allow you to play pre-owned games. What will happen to all the games we've finished / don't play any more? I throw my games on eBay as soon as I've platinumed them.

What's everyone's thoughts?
    I never sell a game of mine nor do usually buy used ones (only have like 3~4 used games on my library which is more than 40 games LOL)
    But I do find stupid to do such a thing although I try to understand, Sony is strugling and getting more money from games always helps
    On the other hand though, like I said, it may end up hurting them more because many people buy used games

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't tend to buy second hand games but it's better than the games I'll never play collecting dust on the shelf. So I just put them on eBay. Some games are already slowing stopping this because of the online passes that everyone seems to be adopting.

Unless they go completely digital like iTunes. But the prices on PSN for new games is ridiculous!

♚ Overlord ♔

I still hope its not the PS4 cause I really wanted VERSUS XIII and KINGDOM HEARTS 3 to come out

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    I still hope its not the PS4 cause I really wanted VERSUS XIII and KINGDOM HEARTS 3 to come out
    They could still come out. It's not like launching the PS4 will kill the PS3 support. That's unless Versus is a PS4 launch title....

DON'T BLINK

Sony would have nothing to do with that. It would be Square.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just read an article somwhere that are rumours about Versus XIII going next gen and also changing it's name, if tht happens I can easilly see KH3 going next gen too
    I don't really care myself as I tend to dive next gen as soon as I can, but I do understand people that aren't quite ready yet :/

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by WildeThang View Post
    I don't tend to buy second hand games but it's better than the games I'll never play collecting dust on the shelf. So I just put them on eBay. Some games are already slowing stopping this because of the online passes that everyone seems to be adopting.

Unless they go completely digital like iTunes. But the prices on PSN for new games is ridiculous!
    If the future world of gaming moves to pricing like they did for Sly: Thieves in Time, I may be comfortable with no used games/trading. The cost of a brand new game is quite obscene in many cases. I think it you combine fair pricing with no used game support, it can work to a certain degree. Or have a clear process that when you receive a used copy, you pay a premium fee to play it on your PS4; overall, the consumer still pays less than the full price of the game, but the developer still receives some of the funds they would normally lose.

I feel gamers will support the gaming industry because we want to continue playing them; I don't mind dishing out money for a good game, but prices need to be fair.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Saints Row IV [8%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

INTJ

anyone who said the wii u was too expensive at $350 get fucked

PlayStation 4 report suggests $400+ price | The Verge

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Before we know what the PS4 actually is (as in facts) not rumor, that price means nothing. Irrelevant.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)

Currently Playing
    `Saints Row IV [8%]

Signature & Avatar
    `courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    Its consumers like you that fuck everything up for the people that are still enjoying it. Enough people with your mind frame unconditionally pressures manufacturers to speed up R&D and release technology to make even MORE money while at the same time 1257569284650283625 (exaggerated) other people are still enjoying their PS3.

Just because the technology is old, doesn't mean shit. My car was made in '96 and has had less problems than cars released from the year 2000 onwards.
    Dingus, if you don't want it, don't buy it. Christ. Your bitching doesn't help.

I want the ps4 to be revealed. I look forward to stuff like this.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 7 - Gold

If this is a reveal, I think it's a very smart move on Sony's part. Everybody expects the PS4 to be announced at E3, but there have been rumors all over the net of leaked info about it so Sony is going to make a pre-emptive strike and announce it before it leaks. You announce it now to build excitement for E3 where you show everyone what it can do. If that's their plan, they will have a huge audience to market the new system to and even get a jump on the 720 a little. Look how much speculation and excitement that little 20 second video has caused. I will say that destroying the used game industry is not any kind of way to make fans feel good about your company though and that doesn't seem very "Sony" to me. Lots of revenue and jobs in the used game industry and it would be a shame for these companies, these gigantic corporations, to squeeze out more profits at the expense of good people's jobs. For now, all we can do is wait til the 20th!!

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Don't know anything about the PS4 yet but I suppose it's gonna be because of something like that:

Wii U:

Toggle Spoiler

PS4:

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If they announce it (wich I doubt) they probably won't release it until somewhere next year.

Looking forward to it though, but I keep on playing my PS3 cause I still enjoy it!

Live Life!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast