Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP = no platinum

This is a discussion on MP = no platinum within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Add tomb raider to a list of games I've wanted to plat but because of online innactivity or glitches I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

MP = no platinum

Add tomb raider to a list of games I've wanted to plat but because of online innactivity or glitches I won't get it. Will the developers ever stop wasting time on useless multiplayer! Your not gonna revolutionize the same old bullshit capture the flag or team death match. Let's drop the charade, most people don't give a rip about multiplayer (proven by the fact that after about 3 months most games online are a ghost town), and the ones that do, buy call of duty or battlefield. If your not one of those, just give it up already. Let's be honest, take away the call of duty/battlefield crowd and the people who are trying to get the damn trophies that they loathe grinding through to get, and there is NO demand for online. I think borderlands 2 is the only real exception to that, but nobody is trying to do co-op. Everybody just tacks on a death match or capture the flag. I'm just so sick of every game adding unnecassary multiplayer. I don't want to play with other people, I just wanna play through the story, collect all the pointless collectables and move on to the next game. Just needed to vent I hope some devs read this:-)

Lvl 7 - Gold

So play the story and ignore MP, I don't understand your problem, if you don't like it don't play it.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Dare da Musically Strange

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    So play the story and ignore MP, I don't understand your problem, if you don't like it don't play it.
    I think he's irritated because he can't platinum a game with MP trophies when the MP is dead or deactivated.

I see where he's coming from, I think alot of games that offer MP should be more of a side thing where it doesn't interfere with SP nor trophies (specifically the platinum trophy). It's too bad alot of MP games die out after a while, which means they're not that appealing to the masses for very long. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.14
    My Trophy Checklist.

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 1
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh ok, but TR MP is still active and I know some people who are still playing it. I heard its a long grind since you have to unlock all characters , oh well good luck dude, my advice is next time do some research.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

first i would say, boost the mp trophies if its that dead, you can do solo boosting
    no shame in it
    second, the mp is still active and i know because i was on a few days ago
    maybe it depends on the time your on

Kid, not loser

What Secret Society said. It actually makes it tons more easier to boost.

Also, either bad or good, the devs still worked hard on the mp, IT IS PART OF THE GAME no matter how you look at it. Why wouldn't they include it? It's people like you why they should include it " I just wanna play through the story, collect all the pointless collectables and move on to the next game". You're part of the problem they are trying to resolve. Your post is counterproductive. If you wish to do that, then do it, nothing is stopping you too.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Banned

1. In my time, I've come to find that, whenever someone makes a post like this, it's almost entirely out of frustration and they just need to get something off of their chest. We've all been there at one point. It's best to just recognize it for what it is and leave it alone.

2. Holy wall of text, Batman! lol Ever hear of the enter key or punctuation?

3. Wrong forum.

4. Look at it like a learning experience; now you know to research games before playing them. It's not a mistake if you learn something from it.

5. If you don't like multiplayer/online, you're in for a world of hurt. I hope you saved enough money.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll agree, it does seem pretty stupid for the most part. I get probably 98% of games through GameFly, and for the most part by the time I get the newer releases the multiplayer is all but dead, so obtaining trophies that way doesn't really happen often. I actually did get a platinum the other day for Army of Two: Devil's Cartel; luckily you only really needed 1 trophy for completing a mission with a human partner. I don't get though, why some games have a handful of storyline trophies, and 3/4 MP trophies.
    Seems like a waste, especially if you rent/buy the game months/years after release. The only exception I've seen being Uncharted 3, which never seems to lack online players. Whatever though, I doubt the devs think about it or care in the least concerning people who rent/buy the game later on. Oh well, right!

Get a free month of GameFly by using my link!
    http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/f2cjT

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't like online trophies as well, and there are some that are very hard to get (at for a person like me that doesn't have a lot of time to play). but I don't think the dev are going to stop making online trophies for people like us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They should either make the Platinum trophy available when you gained all offline trophies, OR when the servers for online gaming get shut down, the online trophies for that game should be removed from the list so people can still Platinum the game.

I've had this problem with PES2011 since I had very little time to play the game when it was released and when I had more free time, I played other games not thinking about getting online trophies for a game since the servers could be shut down.

I hope they will come with a solution for this in the end. It's not that big a deal when you can't 100%/Platinum a game anymore but it's still annoying when you still want to.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I totally agree. I don't mind MP as long as it doesn't stop me from getting platinum. I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't want MP trophies at all but I'd appreciate if they'd be not required for platinum. They could be added like DLC content just for the 100% or if Sony would agree to such a big design change games with a reasonably large SP and MP portion could contain two trophy lists with each a platinum, one for SP and one for MP.

A big aspect why I dislike MP is that I sort of enjoy the predictableness of SP. I like to study the opponents and situations and enjoy difficult parts of SP that take a lot of time to master but in the end you'll be able to master it perfectly. MP is so much luck based and there are always people who play one particular game for eternity and a casual player who simply touches the MP to grab the trophies won't have much chances against them. I play alone and spontaneously, I don't meet up with others to play online. It's much harder for a player like me than for others to platinum games with an intensive MP portion. I have only few real life friends on my PSN friend list, most of them don't have the games I have so it's impossible for me to get stupid trophies like "finish a match with three of your friends" or "have 5 PSN friends". It's just b*llsh*t to me because I would have to cheat for that, add random "friends" online and hope (again the luck factor) that by accident I'll find them online to finish a match together. Boost-able trophies are of the same lame matter. Many require much dedication or are basically impossible (take FEAR 2) to master on your own but on the other way they can easily and without any skill acquired by cheating if you meet up with few other players and just construct the required situations (for instance "kill 3 other players with one granade").

I do seriously detest online trophies. I don't mind optional online and original content (Dark Souls), I don't mind if it can make your life easier but is not a requirement (NFS Shift), but I really hate when a game forces me to play online if I want to get platinum.

I can tell you that I'll most likely never touch COD BO 1 & 2, Crysis 2 & 3, The Last of Us, NFS Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted and Burnout 3, Army of Two, Bioshock 2, Doom 3 and many others. There are exceptions like GTA 5 I'll simply play and give up the platinum (well on GTA I'll even try I think) but those are few and only for games I know well from the past or have tremendous expectations for but for the rest I'll just stick to other fun games that don't ask me to do silly things.

Apart from the reasons given above other things that terrible p*ss me off in MP games are connectivity problems, random kicks or host leaving the match or well dead servers. How should I platinum FEAR 2 honestly when nobody is online? If I boost with friends it would just be plain work; no fun and certainly no skills required. It'd be as if I hacked a SP game or manipulate a savegame and run through the game being invisible to enemies or invincible. There'd be no challenge and no fun and I seriously can't be proud of trophies I achieved by faking situations with boosting partners.

I did respect the MP part of Killzone 3 because it was innovative and original for a FPS but again it had one silly trophy "play with a friend" and that means for me -> goodbye platinum! I finished LBP except of two trophies. I managed to finish all levels perfectly and obtain all collectibles offline with four controllers. I even did the "X players have played your level trophy" but I did it creating a boosting level which I feel very lame of, still I can't get the platinum because I need a silly trophy for finishing a level with three friends. I finished GTA 4 offline 100%. Those who made it will know that it requires a lot of dedication. I touched the MP for ten minutes, playing some stupid death match of a kind that I've seen in a hundred games before and decided it's no fun to me. There is a trophy for killing five different opponents in a single match. Well it'll be even a hard enough challenge to find a game with enough opponents once, on the other side those that are boosting can laugh about a trophy like this because it can be cheated in a few minutes. Just a few examples for why I dislike MP trophies most of the time and am willing to totally ignore good games if the developers/publishers feel they must add another generic MP part with the intention that they can draw more attention to the franchise that way.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I couldn't agree more! There are some games like street fighter 4 or ninja gaiden that I know I will never platinum because I'm just not good enough. I play them to enjoy them, knowing before I even put the disc in that I won't platinum it. I guess my entire point is that I get a sense of accomplishment when I DO plat a game, even if I gotta boost some MP stuff. But when a glitchy MP, lack of online players, or something else that I can't control prevents it, that really bothers me. A platinum trophy should always be accessible in my opinion. I can obviously not attempt to achieve it, but if I choose to, it should always be possible,even if I buy a used game that's 2 years old. I know this will probly never change but a guy can hope right!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    What Secret Society said. It actually makes it tons more easier to boost.

Also, either bad or good, the devs still worked hard on the mp, IT IS PART OF THE GAME no matter how you look at it. Why wouldn't they include it? It's people like you why they should include it " I just wanna play through the story, collect all the pointless collectables and move on to the next game". You're part of the problem they are trying to resolve. Your post is counterproductive. If you wish to do that, then do it, nothing is stopping you too.
    Including crap MP in a game isn't a guarantee that it'll keep people playing; in fact, i'd go so far as to say it's the opposite. If the SP experience is up to scratch that is guaranteed to keep me playing and I cast a suspicious eye over any game with MP that doesn't need it (and most don't).

I would much rather collect the 'pointless collectibles', as you describe them, rather than repeating the same thing over and over as though there is some sort of reward or feeling of accomplishment that you get with MP. Too many games now include completely unnecessary MP modes just to fit in with other games when they are simply not needed. COD/Battlefield? Yes. God of War or BioShock? Absolutely not.
    Cometh the hour, cometh the Mage!

Deathless Destroyer

In relation to a game's online portion, what I do is start playing it and if I enjoy it then I'll keep playing it (which would naturally make the online trophies roll in on 90% of games) but if I don't like the MP then there really is little point in me wasting my time to achieve a "trophy". Then there are the games with really fun MP with ridiculous trophy requirements (ie Resistance 2 - Kill 10,000 online players in a ranked gamemode which is basically dead apart from the occasional 1/2 v 1 players) which I don't even bother wasting my time on...

Bob 'n' Becca

As some have said, games that have MP trophy requirements for the platinum should not exist. MP is fun for those who enjoy it, but it shouldn't ever factor into getting a platinum trophy, simply because servers do go down. One person said that if said servers go down, that those trophy requirements should be void. I agree. The only problem with that is that the trophies are designed and created by the developers. Some of the time, a few years down the line, those same developers aren't around and therefore can't change things around. Other times, developers don't feel the need to do so. All they are about is money, which is important, so they have no need to go back and change things around. I'd like to be able to platinum any game (within my skill level), and though the suggestion of doing the MP first is sound, again, those servers may not be around. I'll never be able to start and plat Madden 10, or the silly looking WWE game, and I should be able to. Just saying. It is what it is, I'm not complaining, but I thought I'd chime in on the conversation.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't think getting rid of the online trophies will ever happen but they could easily separate them like they do with the DLC. I'm not against online trophies, I'm against the fact that not very long after release they are almost impossible to get. Not only that, but ALL of the trophy glitches I've had come from online trophies. Also, most people don't achieve them the way they are intended. They boost them. It's damn near impossible to coordinate with numerous players in all different time zones. So the trophies where you need larger groups of people are nearly impossible in just a couple months for most games. I realize there are exceptions to this, borderlands 2 was one of them, but more often than not, they become ghost towns. It's getting harder to find a good game that doesn't have some sort of online trophies. And since I don't buy games right away after release, platinums are getting harder ( for me ) to come by, only because of online trophies.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I kinda agree with all this...... I'll probably never plat bioshock 2 which shits me. However, the game that started off this thread is actually one of the easiest plays to get with inclusive mp. And you can boost by yourself. I thought tomb raiders list was pretty getable.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I support this message!!!

Hate the fact that MP trophies are needed for a plat, if it wasn't needed id of RDR a long time ago (and GTAIV for that matter).

Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i Platinumed BFBC2 3 years after its release and i was still able to get the online trophies
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser

100% Grizzly

I've always said multiplayer trophies should have a different Trophy Set akin to DLCs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast