Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pachter thinks Playstation Now is a joke.

This is a discussion on Pachter thinks Playstation Now is a joke. within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Michael Pachter is at it again. Seriously, why do people listen to him anyway? Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'PlayStation Now ...

Get bent...

Pachter thinks Playstation Now is a joke.

Michael Pachter is at it again.

Seriously, why do people listen to him anyway?

Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'PlayStation Now is a Joke' - IGN
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 4 - Silver

Isn't he the same guy who said "PS3 would never outsell Xbox360"? Maybe I'm thinking of another moron.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I think he misses the point of Playstation Now completely, sure only some newer in house games will be on it but it's not a replacement for actual releases and Sony know that, it's mainly to give us ( possibly rotating ) PS 1-3 titles in a pick and choose manner in the way Netflix or Lovefilm Instant allow you to watch films from a coule of years ago and the past.

Astounds me that anyone still asks for his opinion on anything, guessing if stuff will be any good financially, what a sweet job to have.

Renegade Time Lord

Most people don't seem to listen to him anyway because he seems to be an idiot.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

illegal in 9 countries

"PlayStation Now is a joke. There is no publisher that is going to license content that's less than two-years old because they would be concerned that they can't sell as many copies if they make it available for subscription or rental."
    ...the guy is a true visionary and totally understands the video game industry

Has he not heard of PS+ and how MS has been forced to respond in kind (though nowhere near as well)?

Sony is giving gamers what they want. This dickweed must be on MS's payroll to come out with bullshit predictions like that. Digital subscription is THE future for the gaming industry and there's nothing funny about it.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

KCCO!

Funny, I've never heard of him.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Funny, I've never heard of him.
    Neither have I. Only reason I know is because I Googled him and found out hardly anyone listens to what he says anyway.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 6 - Silver

ever hear of the Sega (Genesis) channel? I had it and every month there would be new games to play. It was set up sort of like PS+ now, where there are games on it now free but would change a few each month. It was great! I paid $25-$30 a month (forget actually how much) and had a TON of games to play. This sounds pretty close to the same to me. count me in!

PRO Member

I don't agree 100% with what he says about Playstation Now because I actually think it's a nice idea but I do think what he's saying does make sense about "There is no publisher that is going to license content that's less than two-years old because they would be concerned that they can't sell as many copies if they make it available for subscription or rental."

I think Playstation Now can be awesome but I also think it can flop. I mean we don't even know the price point which will also play a major factor on subscribers and future available games. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Patcher is hands down of the greatest gaming analysts of all time. ********/s

Good News, Everyone!

Normally other people think Pachter is the joke...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dude, that's totally awesome sounding and I hope we all get to check it out sometime in the near future.

PRO Member

The guy creates nothing. He's worse than a game critic. He's not an industry analyst, he's an industrial sized anal cyst.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Although I think this guy is an idiot from what little I even bothered to read, I do have to comment on how I think this will go. Ideally you would be forced to rely on 3rd party groups to deploy the games, much like the old store (kinda toying with the new one so I can't vouch [possible misspelling] for it) This could either end up like the Wii or be a huge success like the top selling consoles on the market today. It would be nice to see some games on the market like Drakan the ancient gates, but it seems like a gamble. Lets just hope that this is relatively good and that there won't be a million issues (my concern is I don't know if this is a half baked after thought or even a priority of Sony's).

Lvl 8 - Gold

the simple fact that you are complaining that anyone listens to him then reposting it so others can listen to him is just absurd you are an idiot m8

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    the simple fact that you are complaining that anyone listens to him then reposting it so others can listen to him is just absurd you are an idiot m8
    Who the fuck are you?
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    I think is called posting news not complaining.

Anyways I hope PSN Now works out.

The Grand Ray Legend

I stopped taking this guy seriously a long time ago
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Playstation now will either be the greatest cloud gaming or absolutely horrible.

it all depends on how prepared sony is willing to get before releasing to public.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Playstation now will either be the greatest cloud gaming or absolutely horrible

it all depends on how prepared sony is willing to get before releasing to public.
    I believe PS Now and Vita TV are the beta for the PS5, or at worst, PS6.

The only thing holding us back from ditching the console hardware completely is broadband infrastructure. With any luck, most of us will be on fibre-optic connections within a decade (at least to the node) and while PS Now may be end up considered a failure in the short-term, Sony has their eye on the long-game.

That's why Pachter's a fucking joke, he can't "analyse" his way out of a wet paper bag.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast