[PS+] Activate free PS4 games on PS3

This is a discussion on [PS+] Activate free PS4 games on PS3 within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I have PS+ and wonder if it's possible to activate free PS4 games on my PS3 since I don't have ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

[PS+] Activate free PS4 games on PS3

I have PS+ and wonder if it's possible to activate free PS4 games on my PS3 since I don't have a PS4 yet and am not planning to get one this year. I can activate Vita games without problems (haven't got a Vita either) but haven't seen any PS4 games and for instance Outlast isn't found in the PSN search.
    Is there a way to activate them or will I not get any PS4 content until I buy the console despite already having a PS+ subscription?

One more question: To mark a game as purchased I start the download and immediately cancel it (for instance I don't need to download the Vita games right now). Is there a more comfortable way to add a game to your 'purchased' games?

Legalize it...

Use the PS Store from the internet and then when you get a PS4 it will be in your list. You can do this with the Vita games too, but I find it easier to use the PS3 store to buy the Vita game, then go to my download list on Vita to download it...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for the tip! Have actually never been there, so much more comfortable than via the PS3 integrated store.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Have actually never been there, so much more comfortable than via the PS3 integrated store.
    Yeah, I agree; the web interface is pretty nice and much smoother. I didn't even know about it until recently, and it works well. I can "purchase" the free PS+ IGC games at work, and just have them in my Downloads list, ready to download when I need them.

Lvl 7 - Gold

there also the PS Store app that is for Android that can be used just the same as the web store

Beer me woman

the store makes it easier to check for ps3 and ps4 at the same time ;-)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yeah, I agree; the web interface is pretty nice and much smoother. I didn't even know about it until recently, and it works well. I can "purchase" the free PS+ IGC games at work, and just have them in my Downloads list, ready to download when I need them.
    Exactly what I do too!!