Should I hack Red Dead Redemption platinum trophy or not?

This is a discussion on Should I hack Red Dead Redemption platinum trophy or not? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; I earned 13 platinum trophies, which I've worked really hard. The GTA 4 platinum was the biggest pain in the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Should I hack Red Dead Redemption platinum trophy or not?

I earned 13 platinum trophies, which I've worked really hard. The GTA 4 platinum was the biggest pain in the butt for me, but I finally got it. Red Dead Redemption, theoretically, way way easier than GTA 4 if you compare both. Unfortunately, RDR servers got hacked by a bunch of lowlifes a year ago. Because of that, it is now impossible to get "Go Team" and "The Quick and Everyone Else" trophies, as the game freezes on the loading after you finish a match. On top of that, Rockstar doesn't even care anymore about this game because you can see them never respond directly to users on their main forum.
    My plan is to get all the other trophies through playing and then use the hacking tools to get the two impossible trophies. Yet I can't decide whether I should hack or not? Do you guys have any advices? Thank you!

Negator

Step 1: Don't hack
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Step 1: Don't hack
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit
    I kind of agree with dj here. Are you sure they're unatinable now? I haven't played RDR since January or so, and the serves were indeed a huge piece of donkey dung, but I never had any issues regarding loading screens after finishing matches.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I kind of agree with dj here. Are you sure they're unatinable now? I haven't played RDR since January or so, and the serves were indeed a huge piece of donkey dung, but I never had any issues regarding loading screens after finishing matches.
    Both the trophies in question have been earned recently through normal gameplay by many players.

If he already has "the hacking tools" available at his disposal, I don't see why he'd listen to us.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

probably not as it could be a dark path your on, because you may do it when not necessary

Not an online trophy

but the Social Lubricant Pawnee level 6 in Watch Dogs almost had me overwrite my save with another that had done it - which i consider a low point in my trophy hunt

Banned

Actually, it is very possible to get those trophies. I know this because I helped a friend get them just last week. You managed to get GTA IV done, which is probably one of the worst online grinds ever, you can get RDR done too.

Don't hack though man, the moment you do that, whether it's for 1 trophy or 100, all your other trophies will be worthless because you'll know you didn't actually achieve every trophy on your profile. You could've hacked every single trophy, because once you've got one hacked trophy, you're a trophy hacker. It's not worth it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Actually, it is very possible to get those trophies. I know this because I helped a friend get them just last week. You managed to get GTA IV done, which is probably one of the worst online grinds ever, you can get RDR done too.

Don't hack though man, the moment you do that, whether it's for 1 trophy or 100, all your other trophies will be worthless because you'll know you didn't actually achieve every trophy on your profile. You could've hacked every single trophy, because once you've got one hacked trophy, you're a trophy hacker. It's not worth it.
    Wait, you helped a friend recently? If so, then could you give tips and tricks on how to avoid the loading screen after a match is completed?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkboy77 View Post
    Wait, you helped a friend recently? If so, then could you give tips and tricks on how to avoid the loading screen after a match is completed?
    I don't really have any tips to give you. Yeah, the servers were hacked last year, but they got fixed a few months ago now by Rockstar. We encountered no infinite loading screens of the sort, don't know what to tell you, sorry.

PRO Member

Yeah, no. Do not hack. Servers are still ok as of right now. I recently went in and played some missions a few weeks ago.

Hacking is bad...mmmkaaaay?

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

never hack.... if you didn't earn it you don't deserve it....

Venire, Videre, Vince

WE ALL can say don't do it, but you are in power to decide what to do.

Those trophies in question can be obtainable if you put the effort to achieve them.

Have you check your ISP connection?

worlds biggest welch fan

Think about this in the then you will decide.
    Last edited by nevetsteven2; 04-04-2015 at 02:45 AM.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

illegal in 9 countries

Change RDR servers. Some instances will have the bugs, others will be bug-free.

VII

Hack it!!! Hack the shit out of it!!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I realize this is an old thread, but I was browsing the forums and felt compelled to post, though I know that the matter has been decided. I'm against hacking. Even though the argument could be made that boosting is a similar way to circumvent legitimately earning a trophy, I did it and still sometimes do. In fact, I had an online friend that I would boost with on a fairly regular basis. The times we spent doing this were some of the most enjoyable I've had playing online games. But he got into hacking. In his thirst for trophies, he began hacking every game he could. Until one day when he realized that just being able to get any trophy you wanted with almost no effort just wasn't fun anymore. That was when he stopped playing altogether. I miss those days; it just hasn't been quite as much fun since.
    Last edited by vanishingpoint; 12-02-2016 at 01:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    Member since February 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by vanishingpoint View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I was browsing the forums and felt compelled to post, though I know that the matter has been decided. I'm against hacking. Even though the argument could be made that boosting is a similar way to circumvent legitimately earning a trophy, I did it and still sometimes do. In fact, I had an online friend that I would boost with on a fairly regular basis. The times we spent doing this were some of the most enjoyable I've had playing online games. But he got into hacking. In his thirst for trophies, he began hacking every game he could. Until one day when he realized that just being able to get any trophy you wanted with almost no effort just wasn't fun anymore. That was when he stopped playing altogether. I miss those days; it just hasn't been quite as much fun since.
    I know how he feels about that. I hacked trophies too and felt bad about it but got the Killzone 2 platinum without hacking to make up for it. EDIT: Well I didn't exactly hack but used an illegal save file but I know it was still wrong though.
    Last edited by BrettyBoy; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:50 AM.
    Add BrettyBoy888 on psn.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Don't hack it dude. If the platinum is unobtainable then just keep the game at whatever % trophies you have on it and keep it legit.
    Add BrettyBoy888 on psn.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by BrettyBoy View Post
    I hacked trophies too and felt bad about it but got the Killzone 2 platinum without hacking to make up for it.
    But, does that really make up for it? As a few have said, once you've hacked even a single trophy your entire trophy list becomes tainted.