Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

PS4: Would you pay $1000?

This is a discussion on PS4: Would you pay $1000? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; No i have never purchased a new console ever on the launch day and the only reason is because of ...

Aes Dana

No i have never purchased a new console ever on the launch day and the only reason is because of the lack of games at launch. The price also is the secondary reason i wouldn't buy any console at launch.

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    Beat me to it...but back then the Aussie dollar was trading at arround USD 0.70, now it's arround the USD 1.0 to 1.05 range.

It would depend very much on what titles were available at launch and how much of an improvement there is to the hardware. If it starts off with nothing but a plethora sequals, then like the PS3 I'll wait for the library to build up and the price to drop. But if there is a couple of exclusive new "must have" IPs that offer something new and a significant hardware improvement, then maybe I'd be willing to pay $1000.
    Ha ha, yeah but still they like making us pay heaps for games so you never what outrageous price they could put on a PS4.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

When the ps3 first came out in Australia it was really close to $1000, I did NOT and NO WAY IN HELL did I buy it at that price, I can get a beast of a computer for that price. Wait a few years (not even that long) and wham prices on the ps3 drops to like $300ish~ and then I got it. So I guess I'll also wait with the ps4~

Games platinum'd in order: Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Uncharted 3, Portal 2, Resonance of Fate
    Games playing: Nothing atm, just gaming on the pc waha <3
    Games ordered: Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Games looking forward to: Tales of Graces f, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Lvl 7 - Gold

i brought the ps3 when they released slim was very expensive in australia for a console when it first came out
    australia making alot of sales on ps3 now though since the cost of it now compared to before was ridiculous

PRO Member

One I wont buy it for that price and two I aint buying the first editions no more there also faulty1

Closing this account

i would wait maybe 3 yr until i buy it. reasons why..

1. back when ps3 was first released, i hated it because it was to big, reminded me of sega and sega cd put together.
    2. to many ppl had hyped up ps3 like it was a drug. i rather wait until all the orgasming over dies down.
    3. i read a how buch of articles about ylod...i ask myself "WTF IS YLOD?" i told myself i wait until they fix or upgrade the ps3.
    4. this a big 1....if japanese consumers dont like it, i am not going to buy. i was going to buy a 360 but the guy in the store told me the pros and cons about every system in the store.

PRO Member

No, I wouldn't... And Sony won't charge that much.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Way too much.. If it was like 600$ (about 450euro or 375pound) I'd do it for sure. But that's about my limit..

26:
    AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, Cars Race-o-Rama, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, CoD: MW2, CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, Fifa 11, Harry Potter: HBP, Ice Age DotD, Leisure Suit Larry, Mafia II, ModNation Racers, PoP: Forgotten Sands, Prison Break, Rachet and Clank ACIT, Saints Row 3, Terminator, Godfather 2, Saboteur, Tomb Raider UW, Trivial Pursuit, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Up, WWE LoW.

HDD corrupted u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can get a PC that plays every game that can be found in the market for that price, so no.
    Exactly I'd rather buy something else if the PS4 actually gets to that price.
    [floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Now this is Podracing

Honestly, depending on launch titles possibly yes. Now that Ive finished with school and I have a pretty high paying job I wouldnt mond paying that little bit extra. However I think Sony should release it with a lower price, to boost the strength of the console in its early days.

PRO Member

it really depends on what they have added to the PS4 that the PS3 can't do...but ill say it need to some REALLY good stuff to be worthy of that price...more than just improved graphics

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

PRO Member

I would not pay more than $500 for a PS4. Also the PS4 games should be no more than $50.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i probably wouldnt go over 500 at most and only if there were a bunch of games that i really wanted, i can wait for elder scrolls 6 in five years when the ps4 is 2 years old and cheaper

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well no but it's not gonna cost that much. Around $500 is a fair price i think. But then I would still wait like I did with ps3. See if there are some issues or not.

Crocodile Hunter

well the PS3 was $1,000 in Australia at launch so i would prob buy it lol

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

$1,000 thats it where can i get this ima buy like 4 of them jk. Thats way too much i'll wait for the price drop.

O_o

Nupe. I'll just use that cash for more games. .

Identity Overload

No I would not, I honestly don't seeing the PS4 being more expensive than the PS3 was. Plus I don't think we'll be seeing the PS4 for quite some time

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Bluntly, no I wouldn't spend that much.

That aint to say I wouldn't want one, just not at that price point. I could spend the same amount of money on a gaming rig PC if I was gona blow out that much on something.

It would have to have a pretty bloody epic line up of games and then some to even make me consider buying it right off the bat.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Only if it was actually a Transformer from the movie, you know, the one that is a hot girl, without the killing part of course

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast