Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

PS4: Would you pay $1000?

This is a discussion on PS4: Would you pay $1000? within the Sony forum, part of the Multiplatform Talk; Well? Would you pay $1000 dollars for a playstation 4 from a store on release? For those of us in ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS4: Would you pay $1000?

Well? Would you pay $1000 dollars for a playstation 4 from a store on release?

For those of us in the UK, right now that's about 622.

And for those peeps in the rest of Europe its approximately 727.

I'd be interested to find out your thoughts, personally I would buy a playstation 4 for this price.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quite simply NO, and i highly doubt it would cost that much if Sony actually want a sizeable piece of the gaming market.

DON'T BLINK

Are you the same tool that bought MW3 for that price? If so, I have a nice bridge for sale

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Are you the same tool that bought MW3 for that price? If so, I have a nice bridge for sale
    No I'm not a tool, I find that quite offensive actually, all I did was post a thread stating a speculative price for the ps4 and that I would pay that for it. FYI I reserved MW3 for 5, went to a midnight release, queued up for an hour, payed 45 for it, got my 5 back, and I haven't really played it that much since skyrim came out.
    "Ah, the Internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Lvl 8 - Gold

No, not really. That's too expensive... then again we can all save up I guess :S

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Quite simply NO, and i highly doubt it would cost that much if Sony actually want a sizeable piece of the gaming market.
    I agree, they would definetely make less revenue if they sold units that price. Ironically, less parents would be buying their young kids playstation 4s at that price, and therefore wouldn't buy games for them which are way out of their age range, which can only be a good thing.

*insert Latin phrase*

Too expensive for my likings.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Ghost Assassin

Nope, that's way too much. If I got my PS3 two years after the initial release, then I guess I can wait another two years after the PS4 came out. By then, me and my PS3 will probably be ready to part.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Likelyhood is it will cost max $500 or equivalent. sony learnt their lesson with high start price and will have seen the 3ds price cut as a warning. i'd pay max 400 euro.

Platinums - Toy Story 3, Assasin's Creed II, Need For Speed:Undercover, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Heavy Rain, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection,
    God of War III, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince, FIFA 12, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    , Infamous 2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse

PSN(100%) - Machinarium

Working On - Borderlands (52%), Red Dead Redemption (38%).

Suspended

I can get a PC that plays every game that can be found in the market for that price, so no.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Well there have been other consoles that have sold for that price like the NEO GEO. It was $1000 back in the early to mid 90's... I think in today's money that would be $1500-$2000.

Lvl 7 - Gold

hell no
    i already got pretty beast pc
    probably get ps4 if it price worthy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No, not really. That's too expensive... then again we can all save up I guess :S
    True, and I'm sure it would be very depressing when we get to the checkout and actually fork out that amount. Although, I saved up for my playstation3 for a long time and it cost me 425 (with a few games) and looking back, I wouldn't have wanted to wait, I've had some great gaming experiences. I had a crappy job at the time too, so my finances took quite a blow, but it was worth it. I'm a little bit better off now, so I would gladly save up if it was gonna cost that much, provided that the technological leap from consoles was impressive enough.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Well there have been other consoles that have sold for that price like the NEO GEO. It was $1000 back in the early to mid 90's... I think in today's money that would be $1500-$2000.
    Yeah, and let's just look at how well that sold .

Lvl 7 - Gold

No, absolutely not. Sony figured out if they price too high, they won't sell well. They shouldn't make a PS4 that does 40gig & 80gig, they should come 250gig standard, and that should be priced at most $400. Any more than that, I wait for a major price drop.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Nope, plenty of good games on various systems that I could cover with that money- not worth it for a system alone.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nope, I'd probably hold off on getting it until the price lowers, just like I did with the PS3.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Prayer Warrior

#1 there's no way in hell they will release the ps4 at that price point. i see $600 MAX
    #2 anyone who would pay that much is an idiot and can buy my second and third consoles i buy

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Sony isn't going to make the same mistake twice, they'll price their next home console at a reasonable price, and most like take quite a loss on it at first to establish themselves on the market. The likelihood of a home console even costing as much as the PlayStation 3 did at it's launch is slim to none.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

I make my own mayo!

I would pay one hundred million dollars muahaha

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast