Wow Cheapest Fighting Game Ever

This is a discussion on Wow Cheapest Fighting Game Ever within the Soul Calibur V forum, part of the S; So im fairly new to the soul calibur and i was sold from the awesome custom character abilities but when ...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Wow Cheapest Fighting Game Ever

So im fairly new to the soul calibur and i was sold from the awesome custom character abilities
    but when playing quick battles and also legendary souls i come to find that the game is not difficult but rather cheap
    something i havent seen before in other fighting games IMO

instead of beating these tough ranks with skill its seems the CPU predicts and perfectly counters your moves as soon as you press the buttons
    followed by stuns which leaves you defenseless to combo and harsh attacks
    grabs, combo are useless
    only way to have somewhat of chance is by spamming and chances are still slim especially if your new to the game

i hope they patch this AI becuz if you played this game you too will see what i mean
    im spending time learning characters moves and when playing against the CPU in these modes they are complete useless

im currently over 80 percent on trophies and just want to get this plat over with

so there you have it beating CPU is luck based

if you played this game feel free to discuss your views

PRO Member

Someone clearly didn't fight Seth in SSF4

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Someone clearly didn't fight Motaro or Shao Kahn in UMK3 on expert difficulty, talk about cheap bosses. I don't know about SCV5 but in SCV4 the computer wasn't cheap

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Useally in Soul Calibur I just button mash and most of the time it works. I haven't played V yet but having played many other fighting games I really doubt that one is cheaper than some out there. Battle Fantasia and Street Fighter 4 come to mind when i think of cheap

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Seth wasn't nearly as cheap as M. Bison on Alpha 3 and even then he's not the cheapest boss around. I beat Seth on the hardest setting using Zangief and his awesome lariat.

Personally Doom has an awkward time with most 3D fighters. I can play Tekken but I absolutely suck at it. I think it's the poke, poke did it connect? No do it again! aspect of it that throws me off.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The computer IS an input reading bastard, and its not human so you can't mind game it, but it does have weaknesses. Namely, it doesn't know what to do if you consistently break its guard or use low attacks. Siegs low sweeps and knightmares launchers usually fair decently, but I find that as a Voldo player, the AI craps its coded pants whenever I go into the Death Roll stance and slice away at its ankles. In that form I can break its guard and do damage while only switching between 4 attacks, all it seems able to do is guard, especially when I get it near a wall.

PRO Member

I don't think SCV is cheap, but I've played SC since day one and I'm pretty good with Mitsurugi... The A rank CPU does counter my moves sometimes but I've seen that in all of the fighting games I've played so it's nothing new to me.

You want to get the plat done quickly? LOL I thought max level would be the last trophy for the plat but it's not!! Check out the Winds of Battle... I've been working on it for about 10-15 hours alone!! I'm almost done with that trophy and I have to say it is the worst trophy I have ever came across!! It's not difficult... just fucking boring!!

I am pleased with SCV, but the only thing I'm not happy about is that each character doesn't have a story ending... I wanted to know a bit more about the old and new characters.... Also Gaurd Impact should not take any of your gauge meter
    Last edited by DRAGON1NINJA; 02-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i only played one sc game either 2 or 3 but i found it to be very cheap and made me very frustrated when trying to play other people because they could just use the same move over and over again without me being able to do anything about it, i also suck at fighting games since i dont like them but it still seemed to be a bit unbalanced

PRO Member

We do the `mash` the button mash

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    i only played one sc game either 2 or 3 but i found it to be very cheap and made me very frustrated when trying to play other people because they could just use the same move over and over again without me being able to do anything about it, i also suck at fighting games since i dont like them but it still seemed to be a bit unbalanced

You should only play with people you know cuz most people in ranked mode will spam to win... It's rare to fight someone who plays fair in ranked mode.

Sig by Smashguy

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    You should only play with people you know cuz most people in ranked mode will spam to win... It's rare to fight someone who plays fair in ranked mode.
    yeah ranked matches are spam central

to those who have yet to play this game but try to put input as it cant be worse than SF or MK bosses
    if you do get this game come back after you have tried to beat some A Rank fighters like Alissa or Dampierre
    stun moves and spams will deplete your health bar in seconds

i think i would find Ninja Gaiden 2 Master Ninja Mode more enjoyable than this lol maybe not

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You want a fighting game with cheap AI? Go play Dead or Alive 4. The only problem I have with this game is the Story Mode. Other than that, the game is awesome.

"Hitomi. Lei Fang. Powerup!"
    Mains in DOA5: Lei Fang, Helena, and Hitomi
    PSN Gamertag: CassSophFan

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I know what you mean. I think the problem with Soul Calibur in general is its a little clunky and doesn't have a very good combo system so it does feel like button mashing most of the time. The AI just moves so fast and and it feels like you cant do the same cause of how long the pauses are between attacks. You just feel slow and guarding never feels like it works.