2 platinum's for 1 (Again)

This is a discussion on 2 platinum's for 1 (Again) within the Sound Shapes forum, part of the S; When you buy sound shapes off the store, you also get a copy of the game for your given console ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

2 platinum's for 1 (Again)

When you buy sound shapes off the store, you also get a copy of the game for your given console (So buy PS3 get Vita as well, Buy Vita get PS3 as well).
    I remembered on Motor storm RC if you got trophies on one console you would automatically get them on the other due to the cloud save system. Sound shapes does this as well, only you have a choice this time since the cloud save is only optional.

I wonder if this will keep happening for any game where you get both versions in one purchase.

Still doesn't stop this from being a very good game though, if not a bit short.

Edit: Since someone mentioned it, you do need to own both the PS3 and Vita to do this since you do need to sync up the cloud save data to unlock the trophies, meaning you will need to at least load the game on both systems (It's a cheap way of getting trophy hunters to buy both Vita and PS3).
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 08-16-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Starting RE4 Soon AGAIN

Although this may sound cool to some people i think it sounds ridiculous thats STUPID why give trophies for what isn't earned thats my opinion though

Sig & Avy by Dare - - - - - - - - PPS Bar by: Smashguy fellow PPS member

Go Vote for July Member of the Month
    Go Vote for July Staff Member of the Month
    Made by Pancake Model

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Although this may sound cool to some people i think it sounds ridiculous thats STUPID why give trophies for what isn't earned thats my opinion though
    If I read the OP correctly, it means you get 2 copies of the game, 2 trophy sets, and can earn a platinum for each. Meaning you earn the platinum twice for the price of one.

Kid, not loser

They actually are earned, just not earned on both systems. It's a move to make it so more people will buy it and also to get a Vita. Smart, and I for one like it this way.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Starting RE4 Soon AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    If I read the OP correctly, it means you get 2 copies of the game, 2 trophy sets, and can earn a platinum for each. Meaning you earn the platinum twice for the price of one.
    hmm what i got out of it he plat it on one console and got it for both the ps3 and the vita didn't say he/she played both but i could be wrong i read it and turned it into something else

Sig & Avy by Dare - - - - - - - - PPS Bar by: Smashguy fellow PPS member

Go Vote for July Member of the Month
    Go Vote for July Staff Member of the Month
    Made by Pancake Model

PRO Member

Now I have a perfect reason to get a Vita, so I can get double trophies while only earing it on one game... like a boss

Sig by Smashguy

worlds biggest welch fan

Load saved data from previous game = get plat on vita or PS3 for second game.

looks like some peps will have a higher gamer score for playing the game once instead of twice.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Bob 'n' Becca

Do you get double trophies in general, or just the double platinum? I know when I see folks with one at 100% it says they have 100% for both, but do you actually get two of each trophy? I bought a vita on Sunday, and so far this has been the only game I've purchased. I've yet to play it though.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Celestial Pedo'

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Do you get double trophies in general, or just the double platinum? I know when I see folks with one at 100% it says they have 100% for both, but do you actually get two of each trophy? I bought a vita on Sunday, and so far this has been the only game I've purchased. I've yet to play it though.
    You get double of each trophy including all the DLC (if you buy it) Just go to the options and sync your cloud save file on both consoles.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Bob 'n' Becca

Good to know. Thanks.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Rangers F.C

It sounds the same as Motorstorm RC 2 of everything
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i remember getting the Motorstorm RC platinum on PS3 and wanted to see if the game was any good on the Vita then.. trophies started to pop, result lol, i've sold my Vita so i won't be able to get the Soundshapes double plat :'(

Sig by: djunglist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by georget1996 View Post
    i remember getting the Motorstorm RC platinum on PS3 and wanted to see if the game was any good on the Vita then.. trophies started to pop, result lol, i've sold my Vita so i won't be able to get the Soundshapes double plat :'(
    Yeah , I sold mine too lol , I will get another maybe if they bring the Japan price drop to the UK , or just wait for the PS4
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Indie Game Developer

I really dislike the double platinum for nothing situation. For this reason, I won't let myself play Motorstorm or Sound Shapes on my PS3... at least newer games have shared trophy lists, like Knytt Underground, Ratchet FFA, and Sly 4.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yeah , I sold mine too lol , I will get another maybe if they bring the Japan price drop to the UK , or just wait for the PS4
    i was in Game on saturday and i saw the 3G version going for 145 brand new, i would've bought it if i had money lol

Sig by: djunglist