Randomness of Death Mode

This is a discussion on Randomness of Death Mode within the Sound Shapes forum, part of the S; At the beginning of Death Mode it states something alone the lines of a warning that death mode levels are ...

PRO Member

Randomness of Death Mode

At the beginning of Death Mode it states something alone the lines of a warning that death mode levels are hard, for the most part that's not true. The death mode levels are interesting and fun designs and I find myself thinking that're cool.

The infuriating part of Death Mode is the randomness, most of the time if you lose it's not something where you know exactly why you lost, it's more of a case of that run the coins were impossibly far apart and the level was unfinishable by the quickest moving person.

When you finish a level you don't feel gratified that you pulled something off, you feel lucky that you got coins that were placed close together, that's not clever at all, that's not fun, that's just shitty.

How about these level designers stop being lazy and actually design good Death Mode coin layouts. So annoying.

Indie Game Developer

Yeah, I remember that being pretty frustrating, but I still got some satisfaction out of beating the levels, because some of the hard ones were in fact very very difficult.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Resident PHD

I felt gratified when I beat a level. To beat Death Mode, you had to memorize where every note could spawn and then use lightening reaction to get there.

There was still randomness to it of course, but there was still a lot of skill involved.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE