View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

1 3.45%
  • Moderate

13 44.83%
  • Hard

14 48.28%
  • Very Hard

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Spec Ops: The Line forum, part of the S; Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to bmj14772 of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by Marccap; 07-09-2012 at 10:43 AM.

WHO DAT!!!!

FUBAR is very challenging in spots and can cause rage quiting.....i voted hard for that reason. The collectibles are pretty simple, kill count trophies come naturally.....i should have this plat this weekend...great game w a crazy ass ending

www.powerpyx.com

2/5 - EASY

FUBAR difficulty wasn't that bad in my opinion. The game is really short, you are allowed to die, there are several checkpoints in each chapter, your health recovers automatically, you have plenty of ammo and your teammates can kill enemies for you.
    Compared to other third person shooters such as Resident Evil: Raccoon City or Max Payne 3 this one is a piece of cake.

There are a dozen frustrating areas that require multiple restarts, but if you are expierenced with third person shooters you can figure out some good strategies real quick. Took me half a day to beat the story on highest difficulty. Total time to platinum ~15 hours.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted Hard. Most Trophies are easy to get, but MFWIC trophy is hard since you need to play the game in the hardest difficulty, which is FUBAR mode. In FUBAR mode, many areas are very difficult to get past without solid strategy. In FUBAR mode, using your squadmates to attack enemies is recommended, to save your ammo. Hardest chapters in FUBAR mode are: Chapter 3, Chapter 10 Part 2, Chapter 13, and Chapter 14.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I rated it hard , Fubar difficulty was very painful . You will die alot

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted hard mainly because of the Fubar difficulty which was pretty challenging everything else though isn't hard at all.

PRO Member

I voted Hard. Almost gave it a very hard but I didn't because for the most part the trophies are easy. Fubar did present a real challenge for me as some sections I died multiple times and chapter 13 was the worst for me The enemy AI on fubar is dead accurate with their shots and grenades.

Overall a good game.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Mr. Bubbles!

I'm going to go with Moderate because of the fact that FUBAR was the only difficult area. Everything else was pretty simple.
    Great game. Loved every minute of it

Toggle Spoiler

Latest Platinum: Dead Island
    Working On: Bioshock, Dark Souls, & Hunted: The Demon's Forge

PRO Member

I went with Moderate, compared with Uncharted on crushing (hard) and COD on veteran (very hard). Folks above are all correct and there are several spots on FUBAR that you end up repeating until you get the tactics sorted.

very enjoyable game, recommended
    smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted moderate, not as hard as games like call of duty classic or WAW, I found FUBAR enjoyable and even know I was worried about some upcoming bits, if you try and stay back as much as you can and use your teammates it's not too bad at all. My actual furstartion came from my teammates running ahead and dying. In that case I would just drop them until I cleared the way.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted moderate. FUBAR was the only challenge and even that wasn't too terrible. Patience is the key to getting through it. You will want to throw a controller at least once, but once you are done chances are you'll have almost all of the other trophies.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

PRO Member

3. Moderate

I'd say in between moderate and hard. Fubar difficulty is challenging in spots. I was impressed with the way the CPU will react to you. They'll have a couple guys shooting at you to pin you down and others will start trying to flank you. Impressive. They also throw grenades......... ALOT! Not necessarily to kill you but to make you have to run from cover. 2 shots on fubar and your dead. Game is quite fun and the ending was fantastic. Recommend this game to anyone who likes war shooters.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Backlog Grinding

I voted HARD for this game. Only reason being the patience it takes to complete FUBAR difficulty! Its not hard it just takes alot of patience and head shots to get through! I only rage quitted once at 2am on this game lol Great Story though!

Currently playing -->

Burned out...

Moderate - I was suprised by Fubar. After Suicide mission difficulty I was thinking that AI is very good. But on Fubar, they changed into worst AI lol. Overall great game!

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

arrghhargahragharahg

Just started playing last night, on Suicide. Not too bad though, fun game. I look forward to FUBAR, and will vote when I have the Plat.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted "hard". Just earned this Plat (my 20th, woo hoo!), and I gotta say FUBAR was pretty brutal to me. Not TOO bad in terms of difficulty, but the fact that your squadmates share half of a brain cell and think that running directly into the line of fire is a great idea makes the frustration level rise exponentially. The enemy grenade spamming is a bit out of control at times as well, but patience, cover, and enemy spawn memorization will help you get through eventually. Overall, I think this is a pretty great game. Loved the story and decision making aspect of it. I'm proud of this Plat.

A plat a month!

I voted hard. All trophies were pretty much easy, except for the FUBAR difficulty setting. This setting has the ability to test gamer's patience and skill.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate for me. As everyone said, some parts were hard on FUBAR, however most of the game wasn't too bad. It is better to not use your squad mates at all on FUBAR because as soon as your instruct them they come out of cover and get killed. Controls at time were clunky going in and out of cover which led to some frustration. Load times and checkpoints were annoying. Overall, decent game, enjoyable enough.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Moderate!

It really surprised me this game, not only it was very nice, but, at the same time, I saw and heard so few people talking about it!.
    Only "Hard" trophy might be FUBAR but you only need to, really, take your time; trying to carry with you always 2 good guns (I always stole the LMG from the Juggernauts!); and when you face those Juggernauts you just need to spamm them behind cover-without aimming! But after Black Ops 1 on Veteran this is no way "Hard"!

Red Dead Redemption; Battlefield:Bad Company 2; KillZone 3; L.A. Noir; Call Of Duty: MW3; Uncharted 3; Far Cry 3; BattleField 3; Hitman: Absolution; The Last Of Us; Need For Speed: Most Wanted; Special Ops: The Line!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted moderate.
    Like many have said before other than fubar trophy everything else is really easy. Also even on fubar being patient and not raging will help u get through the tough spots. The reason why this game is hard is because of u having to revive ur teammates when they go down and they do down a lot. Also there is grenade spamming by enemies at times which forces u out of cover and gets u killed. Also the cover system is horrible and sometimes u dont get inro cover or get in too slowly and end up dead. With patience u can easily beat fubar in a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast