View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

4 36.36%
  • 3 - Moderate

4 36.36%
  • 4 - Hard

2 18.18%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 9.09%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions forum, part of the S; Thanks to dsluckay of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to dsluckay of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 11-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.

I'm back...kinda

3 Moderate The game is not hard on hard mode but getting a platinum rating in few of the levels on hard will take some trial and error. A very fun game

Suspended

Easy. Some of the ratings could be complicated, but you don't have to get all the platinum ratings on a single run, meaning you can play the level, focus on one of the ratings, then replay it. This makes the easy, notthing else.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Easy for the most part and like Nagflar said you can get the platinum medals on different runs. All pretty easy except for the Mysterio fight if you underestimate him. Oh and the Electro level is a bitch to try and get more than one platinum medal in one run. In every other level you could probably aim for Time/Combo platinum medals or Combo/Collection platinum medals and probably succeed, not in the Electro level. For that level it's probably best if you try going for one medal at a time otherwise you might have to play that level more than 3 times.

*insert Latin phrase*

Easy. Everyone complains about Electro, but I found it pretty easy to get the plat medals, and the collectibles were easy with a guide. Very fun and easy plat.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Finally finished this up after I bought it on release haha. I did moderate just because some of the levels are kinda tough for platinums. I just found out that is all you need to do for the combat ratings . Here I was trying all sorts of combos. It is a fun ass game that I would recommend to any Spider-Man fan.

To Be Announced

I gave it a Moderate only because it could be time-consuming having to do multiple playthroughs. Started out on Hard mode and it gets easier as you go along (not that it was difficult to start with). The speed-runs, which I thought were going to be the big issue, were actually really easy, I got them all each time I made my first speed attempt; it's the randomness of the combos sometimes. I practically got Platinums for the majority of them on my first run-through, but for ones like Deadpool, Electro and Carnage I had to play a 3rd or 4th time just because the Combo score was falling a few hundred short. Either way, fun (although having to replay it constantly made me happy to finally take the disc out) and easy Plat if you put your mind to it and don't get discouraged for some reason!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

3 - Moderate. One of the 'easier moderate' games. Most trophies are straightforward, and hardest part of this is getting the platinum medals for each level (which must be done on hard difficulty). Some parts are moderately challenging such as the Electro time platinum medal, and the final boss fight as Amazing Spiderman but otherwise a simple and enjoyable platinum.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored