View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 9.09%
  • 2 - Easy

4 36.36%
  • 3 - Moderate

5 45.45%
  • 4 - Hard

1 9.09%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Splatterhouse forum, part of the S; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

MK Plat = Overrated

3 - Moderate

I was leaning closer to easy, however, there are a couple of factors that keep this game from being easy to platinum. First, the pictures can be a bitch to find without a guide. For the most part, you will find them out in the open. However, there are a few that are hidden well or in levels that are so busy that you will go nuts finding them. Second, getting all of the survival mode trophies can be a bitch. That being said, once I figured a good strategy to getting S ranks, it was a breeze. Finding that strategy can be frustrating though.

The hidden goals in the survival had my head spinning. I found most of them on my own. There were three that I just couldn't get down. I ended up having to look them up.

Overall, a great game and lots of fun to play. One of the goriest games I've ever seen, that's for sure.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would love to add something new but prarpin more or less nailed it above. Survival Mode can be tricky but 3 words will make this a much easier Platinum to obtain: Jump. Splatter. Smash.

Negator

Voted 2/5 - Splatter Smash is the key to the entire game. (and weapon grapples)

PRO Member

2/5 Everything about this game was easy, not difficult at all. It was still fun though.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 5 - Silver

awesome game not that hard hope they make another one

Sig and avatar by beam

MK Plat = Overrated

Yea, you guys. I was trying to not put any spoilers in here. I try not to spoil any part of the game for somebody, like myself, who likes to try and a game without any help first. Boobs.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The only hard part is S ranks for Arena 4 & 5, everything else was fun and easy cept for those glowing bastards lol

Regional Manager of War

2. Easy

At first I found this game difficult but once I found out about Splatter smash owning bosses and how to build up my mask meter really quickly the game became a cakewalk. As for the challenges overall their not hard once you have a solid understanding of the game and can be done in a short afternoon. If your upgrades didn't carry over to your brutal difficulty playthrough I might have voted a 3.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This game was moderate. There was some hard parts and parts that pissed me off. I also found a couple of the arenas hard. Not really hard just moderate. I also love Jen's pics that was a nice touch to the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I gave it a 3 (although I'd really consider it a 2.5). There were some parts that were rather difficult and sometimes frustrating such as the side-scrolling portions and a couple of the boss fights. The abilities you earned could carry over into higher difficulty levels after the game was completed, which made getting the story mode trophies particularly easier. Some of the arenas proved a little difficult to get the "S" rank in, but they're based on time as opposed to stylish killing. I do remember barely making the required time for a couple of those matches, so I'd say that efficiency is top priority. One trophy in particular, "Too Much Horror Business", took me a little while... Getting all ten secret missions in one go required a more balanced use of weapon combat, transformation usage, and splatter kills. (Time, however, was not a factor there). I feel that it should've been at least a silver trophy instead of a bronze (Oh, well...). Other than that, some pieces of Jen's photos were semi-difficult to find. I got them fairly easily within a couple playthroughs. Splatterhouse is mostly linear with a few alcoves on the side here and there... So, with a little extra patience and exploration, finding the photo pieces is a very simple task. Overall, a moderately challenging story mode with a bit of necessary exploration, and bonus modes with a few frustrating trophies to get.

Huge Gaming Backlog

EASY: and was the key to success. I had to replay a few of the arenas to get S rank but other than that it was a straight forward game. It also has an awesome soundtrack.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    ...the pictures can be a bitch to find without a guide. For the most part, you will find them out in the open. However, there are a few that are hidden well or in levels that are so busy that you will go nuts finding them.
    3 - Moderate

Got the plat. on this game a while back and been meaning to post in here.

I'm with prarpin on this one. Great game, really enjoyable but there are some well hidden picture pieces that take a little bit more attention. The arenas can be a handul, especially if you dive into them with out levelling up your characters moves.

In all, a great game and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Super gorey

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

All out of bubblegum.....

I chose hard because it took me over a year to plat.... I had to replay, and the arenas about made me want to shoot myself... last night, being drunk off rum and cokes, I finally beat my Plat Trophy checklist ( made it my 1000th trophy while I was at it... blame it on the alcohol).

The overall game was a breeze, but the trophy locations were a bit hard on some levels, and of course the arenas. Overall an A++ game in my opinion.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot