View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 10.00%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

2 20.00%
  • 4 - Hard

4 40.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

3 30.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Sports Champions forum, part of the S; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ok, I voted in this thread even though I don't have the Plat, because I've spent a LOT of time playing this game. And that, combined with the fact that I plat every game I own (if I can) gives me enough experience to know what's a tough plat and what's not. Feel free to look at my trophies if you don't believe me - I have 35 games that can be plat'd and I have 31 plats. Of the remaining 4, 2 are a work in progress and WILL get plat'd (MW2 & Arkham City) and the other 2 are so incredibly tough ( Vanquish and Sports Champions), I may or may not be able to ever complete them. Anyway, I've said all that to say I can most definitely make an accurate analysis of how tough it is to plat this game - IT'S TOUGH. REAL TOUGH! But certainly not impossible. IMHO, I think it's kind of crap that Sony made the plat on their flagship Move title this difficult. Granted, most of the trophies are pretty easy, but there's a good handful that are VERY difficult. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

MK Plat = Overrated

4 - Hard

Now this is one of the more rare platinum trophies on this site, even more so than Vanquish. However, that does not make it a "very hard" platinum. The most difficult aspects of this game were beating Gold Cup in every event and the challenges trophies. Everything else was a breeze. Most trophies come on your road to getting through the Gold Cup of each event. Not even all of the challenges are hard. I found that really only Bocce and Disk Golf were the hardest. The Table Tennis challenge gave me a little trouble.

Now I have actually earned the platinum in this game as well as one other rare trophy game: Super Street Fighter IV. I think SSF IV was way harder than Sports Champions. SC will just take dedication to get the trophies. Of course there is a decent amount of skill involved which, just like any other game, comes with time and practice.

Was frustrating at times but overall, I would have to say that it is a pretty fun game.

YnO
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

i think its hard because the disck golf very annoying to me....

some funny stuff

i was the first getting this plat????

Platinum

Moderate - I don't get why people say it's so hard? The very first game I borrowed involving only the move controller was Sports Champions, and I returned it back in a week after platinum. Sports Champions is like a game where the more you repeat your best move, the higher likely you will get what you want, so eventually this is only a matter of time. Gold Cup seems annoying, but if you REALLY move around and quickly, it won't be that hard. Just don't try to do new moves when they're not even your best moves, repeat your best at all times, for instance, the disk golf challenge round, try throwing the disk in the exact same position (the arm) and change the direction with your left or right wrist only.
    Please NO Blank Friend Requests, otherwise I will simply ignore them.

PSN: Doksuri

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Disc golf gold cup was tough, along with the challenge trophy. 600 gold stars was also a grind.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted very easy on this muh. I tore this shit the fuck up cause i'm unstoppable and this game ain't shit yo!!!

PRO Member

I voted moderate. I beat this game in about 3 weeks which is very fast for me. The most difficult challenge was the gold cup table tennis boss because he so rarely makes mistakes. Gladiator was tough for a while until I figured out the patterns and some moves that could counter them. I actually beat the champions cup for both gladiator and archery because they were fun to do.
    Currently working on: Borderlands (DLC)

Platinums (27): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports