Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 494

The Official 201112 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 201112 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by soccereric587 I guess so. You think there would be more especially with quite a few Canadians here ...

  1. #21
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by soccereric587 View Post
    I guess so. You think there would be more especially with quite a few Canadians here
    The old NHL thread was always busy. Guess those guys haven't re-registered yet.

  2. #22
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    The old NHL thread was always busy. Guess those guys haven't re-registered yet.
    Well they better register soon because the season is starting this week.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  3. #23
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,110
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by soccereric587 View Post
    Well they better register soon because the season is starting this week.
    I'm breaking up this debate by saying:

    - Alex Burrows is a P*ssy
    - Luongo chokes and pumps Tim Thomas' tires
    - I love watching the Sedin twins get pushed around.
    - You guys destroyed your city...still makes me laugh.

    On a better note, the Bruins are pretty much the same team as last year.

    Bruins Releases/Retirees

    - Tomas Kaberle (sucked)
    - Michael Ryder (flashes of brilliance)
    - Mark Recchi (Needed to retire. Glad he did.)

    Bruins Additions

    - Benoit Pouliot (fills Ryder's or Recchis spot)
    - Tyler Seguin steps into the full time roster.
    - Joe Corvo (Better than Kaberle)

    I see a great year ahead.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  4. #24
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    ELawSan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    0

    Thomas and Luongo are both good ... but neither of them are as good as Brodeur. The Devils will dust themselves off and we'll be back in the playoffs this year. GO DEVILS!!

  5. #25
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I'm breaking up this debate by saying:

    - Alex Burrows is a P*ssy
    - Luongo chokes and pumps Tim Thomas' tires
    - I love watching the Sedin twins get pushed around.
    - You guys destroyed your city...still makes me laugh.

    On a better note, the Bruins are pretty much the same team as last year.

    Bruins Releases/Retirees

    - Tomas Kaberle (sucked)
    - Michael Ryder (flashes of brilliance)
    - Mark Recchi (Needed to retire. Glad he did.)

    Bruins Additions

    - Benoit Pouliot (fills Ryder's or Recchis spot)
    - Tyler Seguin steps into the full time roster.
    - Joe Corvo (Better than Kaberle)

    I see a great year ahead.
    *clears throat*
    First of all how is Burrows a pussy. If someone sticks their finger in your mouth then your going to bite it.
    Luongo chokes? First of all he won on the biggst stage of them all,after Broduer blew up. And he also shut down the Sharks who have some of the best offensive player today.
    You love watching the Sedin twins getting pushed around. Oh wait you mean gooned. This isnt the 80s and the Broad Street Bullies are dead and gone. But you would think people would have respect for them since they are BACK TO BACK Art Ross and almost Hart.
    You know that people who didnt even care about the game or team orchestrated the riot right? But the thing that most people wouldnt do is, we had thousands out the next day cleaning it all up.

    Now to the Bruins, What has Pouliot ever done to prove anything. His career high is 30 points. He has been on 3 different teams and hes only 25. So you know that teams dont have faith in him.
    Now Seguin will step into the roster and will all likely do well and I hope he does.
    But I dont know how good Joe Corvo will do seeing as he is aging now, but anybody is better than Kaberle.

    Also you made it quite apparent that you are a Bruins fan. Now the Rome hit was a split second late. And the whole bases of the suspension was the injury and his concussion was so "bad" now if you have a bad concussion you shouldn't fly and he was also he was in the arena where it is very loud. Also he was in the morning skate before game which is outrageous if you have a concussion. Now when Mason Raymond is can opened and then 4 seconds later is pushed into the boards which results in a FUCKING broken back theres no suspension not even a penalty. To make things worse Raymond NEVER TOUCHED THE PUCK ON THE PLAY. So there's something wrong their with both the officiating and the League. But I dont think I'm the only one who wants Bettman gone.

    And at ELawSan I think you meant to say Brodeur was better. Hes 39 and I dont think he will do nearly as good as he has before.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  6. #26
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,110
    Reputation
    23

    First of all how is Burrows a pussy.
    He clearly leaned in and gnawed at Bergerons finger...



    His hand was just doing the usual shove into face. Burrows initiated it.

    Luongo chokes?
    *see Game 7 to show how he choked. Also see the Blackhawks series when he got pulled in 4 of the games. Luckily the offense held them through that one. And he may have stopped the Sharks, but they choke yearly as well.

    You love watching the Sedin twins getting pushed around. Oh wait you mean gooned. This isnt the 80s and the Broad Street Bullies are dead and gone.


    Ok I know it isn't bad on the team. But it sure is awesome to see . If they had some balls they would've fought back. And Chara shut 'em down.

    You know that people who didnt even care about the game or team orchestrated the riot right? But the thing that most people wouldnt do is, we had thousands out the next day cleaning it all up.
    So your saying a riot (irrelevant to the team) JUST SO HAPPENED to occur RIGHT AFTER the Bruins WON game 7?

    Now to the Bruins, What has Pouliot ever done to prove anything. His career high is 30 points. He has been on 3 different teams and hes only 25. So you know that teams dont have faith in him.
    That's why he is a 3rd or 4th line guy. But at least he'll put forth some effort unlike Michael Ryder.

    Now the Rome hit was a split second late.


    Did you see that? first three seconds shows it. Horton wasn't looking at Rome because he expected a pass back from Lucic. Rome even LIFTED his elbow and shoulder up to meet the skull.

    now if you have a bad concussion you shouldn't fly and he was also he was in the arena where it is very loud.
    Game 7 of a Stanley Cup means more than life itself to players. ALSO Horton was in the box seats, so loudness wasn't an issue.

    Also you made it quite apparent that you are a Bruins fan.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  7. #27
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    The Head Crusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    232
    Reputation
    7

    did anyone else see what happened with Taylor Fedun last night in Minnisota?



    Broken femur because Nystrom got his stick in his feet during a delayed icing. This has resparked the debate over no touch icing, any thoughts on the idea of adopting this rule?

  8. #28
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    Greatest check EVER!!!!!!!




  9. #29
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Yeah the video also shows that his finger is right there. So if you put a finger near a lions mouth is he going to bite it? Of course he is.

    To the riot people had brought signs saying Riot 2011 so yeah there was pre meditation and that part. There was going to be a riot regardless of the outcome. People brought full on ski masks to the game. Now why would you need a ski mask in the summer.

    Ok I just watched the hit again. From the point he passes just after the 2 second mark to the point he was hit - simultaneous to the timer hits 3 seconds it happened - So yeah that is a split second. And when you are playing its even less then that.

    I also liked how in your latest post you overlooked the fact that I stated that he SKATED just days after his concussion. Now anyone who has had a severe concussion (which is what the Bruins released to the press) or even a minor one knows that light itself hurts. And every time you take a step it hurts like a bitch!!! Also the reason the suspension was so severe was because of his apparent concussion.

    Also you looked over the fact that one of the Bruins BROKE Raymond's BACK. On a play which he never even touched the puck.

    And you seem to praise Chara but he is one of the biggest goons in the league. Evidence when he hit Paciorrety into the stanchion. Ended him with a fractured vertebrae in his neck. And on a play where the puck was long gone. Also if you bring up the statement that Chara made where he said he didnt know where he was on the ice. Now that is bullshit because if you dont know where you are on the ice at all times means you have no awareness whatsoever and should get out of the league. Also there was no suspension on the play.

    Now that being said that was two times last year where a Bruin almost delivered a CAREER ending injury. Both resulting in no suspension. what a coincidence that Bruins owner Jeremy Jones is the president of the NHLs Board of Governors. So he has a bit of pull in the NHL. And yes I do believe that the NHL is corrupt.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  10. #30
    No Matter What
    Notoris's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,301
    Reputation
    32

    I'm a moderate NHL fan from Vancouver and I can't stand the canucks, but I hate those people saying it was 'us' that destroyed the city. It was actually a small amount of people that went o game 7 prepared to riot win or loss, not the whole city.

    Now, I'm actually a Flames fan and I'm hoping for our team to pick so Iginla and Kipprusoff can win a cup. They seriously deserve it.

    "But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."



    Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

    Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

    ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

    |Sig by Dare|
    |Avatar by Dare|

  11. #31
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I'm a moderate NHL fan from Vancouver and I can't stand the canucks, but I hate those people saying it was 'us' that destroyed the city. It was actually a small amount of people that went o game 7 prepared to riot win or loss, not the whole city.

    Now, I'm actually a Flames fan and I'm hoping for our team to pick so Iginla and Kipprusoff can win a cup. They seriously deserve it.
    Even though we may not agree on teams but thank you for supporting me by saying that people did prepare to riot whether we won or not.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  12. #32
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,110
    Reputation
    23

    Chara is not a goon... he's actually one of the nicest guys in the league. the stanchion just so happened to be there when the hit happened. If it wasn't there, nobody would be talking about it. And Montreal's fanbase is the worst in the league. They take stuff WAY to far. Wanting to have him arrested...

    Mason Raymond...



    The slo-mo replay shows that Raymond made a 1-touch pass and Boychuk was just finishing the hit. Sure he got hurt, but that's hockey.

    And as I said Horton came because it WAS GAME 7 of the STANLEY CUP FINALS. Important stuff bro. Sure he may have "skated" as you say. All he truly did was...



    bring some fresh Boston water.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  13. #33
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    The Head Crusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    232
    Reputation
    7

    Watch out for some Canuck suspensions after last nights game!




  14. #34
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    The hits didn't seem overly violent, but the bottom line is hits to the head are not going to be tolerated anymore in any fashion, and for good reason.

    Seems this thread is deteriorating into the Canucks love/hate thread.

  15. #35
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Fine then if Boychuck was just finishing a hit then Rome was as well. Raymond was in a VULNERABLE position. What Boychuck was thinking to can open Raymond then drive him into the boards with Raymonds head in between his knees I dont know. And to say that the stanchion was just there is fucking bullshit. So every time some gets called for boarding or a headshot it just so happened that the boards or head got in the way?

    @The Head Crusher The hit on Hall was nothing. If that gets a suspension the I dont want to know where the NHL is going. Then the hit on Petrell wasnt even there Sturm hit his shoulder and the Petrell dove.

    And also I'm not one to agree with a Maple Leaf(I actually hate the Leafs more than anyone else in the league) but what Clarke MacArthur said in his interview after his nothing headshot is true. What is the league end up going to not contact? Some of the suspensions have been over nothing hits.

    I also think if Shanahan when out and just said that any contact with the head is a suspension it would be fine. But hiding behind and saying we will review each case individually is bull. They have to say that any hit to the head is a suspension or nothing will get better.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  16. #36
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    The Head Crusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    232
    Reputation
    7

    Rule 48.1 - Illegal Check To The Head
    A hit resulting in contact with an opponents head, where the head is targeted andthe principle point of contact, is not permitted. However, in determining whether a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

    Now keep in mind in the video that the players were given targeted is now defined as either intentional or reckless.

    In both the videos we see clearly that the head is the principle point of contact. Now personally I do not believe there was any intent to actually target the head, but they would fall under the category of reckless. The third question is whether the player put himself in a vulnerable position and whether the hit could have been avoided. The thing the Canucks are going to argue is that the players changed their head positions immediately prior to the hits (Hall reaching for the puck and Petrell was in the process of standing up after dumping the puck in). However personally I do believe that in these situations the onus is still on the Canucks players to avoid the hits to the head and thus given recent history both players will receive suspensions, but I would not be shocked or disappointed if only Strum got suspended.

    Summary
    Edler
    Illegal Hit to the Head
    Head level may have changed but is it enough to warrant no suspension
    No apparent injury
    First Time Offender
    ~3 games suspension

    Strum
    Illegal hit to the Head
    Head level may have changed but is it enough to warrant no suspension
    No apparent injury
    First Time Offender
    ~3 Games Suspension

  17. #37
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    The Head Crusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    232
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    The hits didn't seem overly violent, but the bottom line is hits to the head are not going to be tolerated anymore in any fashion, and for good reason.

    Seems this thread is deteriorating into the Canucks love/hate thread.
    Wasn't my intention to go that way but it just happened that way lol

  18. #38
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Head Crusher Sturm make contact with the shoulder first then the oiler flings his head back. And get serious if Edler gets suspended then the NHL has some serious problems because Hall is bending over and he lets up at the last second and slows down otherwise it would have been contact with the body.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

  19. #39
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    The Head Crusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    232
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by soccereric587 View Post
    Head Crusher Sturm make contact with the shoulder first then the oiler flings his head back. And get serious if Edler gets suspended then the NHL has some serious problems because Hall is bending over and he lets up at the last second and slows down otherwise it would have been contact with the body.
    Strum completely missed the shoulder, the primary point of contact was the head. And with the Edler yes because Hall changed his head position while reaching for the puck I can see him no getting suspended but Strum is clearly a suspendable hit.

  20. #40
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    soccereric587's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
    Strum completely missed the shoulder, the primary point of contact was the head. And with the Edler yes because Hall changed his head position while reaching for the puck I can see him no getting suspended but Strum is clearly a suspendable hit.
    Neither is suspendable and I'm not just saying that because Im a Canucks fan.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO