Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tennis Anyone?

This is a discussion on Tennis Anyone? within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Wimbledon is here...

Death to zombies!!

Wimbledon is here

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

#cutformesa

Already day one has it's fair share of dramatics. Federer cruised into round two but wow Azarenka had a bad time

It's just painful to watch

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmon133 View Post
    It's just painful to watch
    Still got up and won the game like a trooper though

Nadals having abit of a rough time

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Way to go Nadal

I better go to bed soon if I want to see today's live coverage.

Ribbon by Beam

#cutformesa

WIMBLEDON IS RUINED

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Murray you're my last hope you better win it all.

Let's see who slips and falls today

Ribbon by Beam

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Murray you're my last hope you better win it all.

Let's see who slips and falls today
    Screw Murray. It's all about Novak now!

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

The day before Wimbledon started Murray said hes looking forward to it but wished he had an easier path, and wasn't in the same side of the draw as Fed and Nadal....

bam.

Avy by DaRe_xLw Ta-Ta Bar by Beam

★ Extra Astronomical ★

The women's side just got much more interesting now that Serena's out.

Ribbon by Beam

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    The women's side just got much more interesting now that Serena's out.
    Well the women's side couldn't possibly get less interesting. Seriously, it's been about as bad as the NBA compared to the WNBA... Other than the Williams sisters when they're healthy there are no good female tennis players. And I have to say, I'm not even sure if the William's sisters are that good or have just been playing against zero competition for the past however many years...

Looks like its Djokovic vs del Potro, and Murray vs Janowicz in the semi's. I'd love for Murray to bring a Wimbledon title to England... would be fun.

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    Well the women's side couldn't possibly get less interesting. Seriously, it's been about as bad as the NBA compared to the WNBA... Other than the Williams sisters when they're healthy there are no good female tennis players. And I have to say, I'm not even sure if the William's sisters are that good or have just been playing against zero competition for the past however many years...

Looks like its Djokovic vs del Potro, and Murray vs Janowicz in the semi's. I'd love for Murray to bring a Wimbledon title to England... would be fun.
    Murray's Scottish, not English.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Death to zombies!!

I think Murray is going to lose today as Janowicz is looking too strong and he beat Murray already this year.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Murray's Scottish, not English.
    yeah I meant to say Britain, oh well.

Djokovic & Murray in the final on sunday.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Nadal fanboy here. Though I don't watch or understand much of tennis, unless i'm when watching it with my grandfather.

#cutformesa

yeah I meant to say Britain, oh well.

Djokovic & Murray in the final on sunday.
    Many people seem to make that mistake. Personally I'm hoping Djokovic to win tomorrow though I'd prefer if somebody else entirely was in the final to win it. Murray does deserve to win Wimbledon at some point but I know that BBC will be intolerable for the next 10 years and bring it up at every and any chance they get. If Henman won it a few years ago then I wouldn't have minded because Tim is much more likeable than Andy. Andy's just so boring off court and seems to have little to no personality whenever a camera is around. At least Novak is seen to have fun occasionally and actually smiles during interviews.

It's me nitpicking but the player's personality is more important to me than their ability when it comes to who I support. And whether or not I'll hate the BBC afterwards

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Many people seem to make that mistake. Personally I'm hoping Djokovic to win tomorrow though I'd prefer if somebody else entirely was in the final to win it. Murray does deserve to win Wimbledon at some point but I know that BBC will be intolerable for the next 10 years and bring it up at every and any chance they get. If Henman won it a few years ago then I wouldn't have minded because Tim is much more likeable than Andy. Andy's just so boring off court and seems to have little to no personality whenever a camera is around. At least Novak is seen to have fun occasionally and actually smiles during interviews.

It's me nitpicking but the player's personality is more important to me than their ability when it comes to who I support. And whether or not I'll hate the BBC afterwards
    Yeah that's us Americans for ya, lol. I at least do know the difference between Britain and England.

Anyway, I understand completely what you mean about the personality thing. However noting that, I don't know how you could possibly root for Federer ever..

Congratulations to Andy Murray. The post match celebration and trophy presentation was really a cool moment to watch. Watching the crowd all over the place just erupt in joy was awesome.

#cutformesa

Yeah that's us Americans for ya, lol. I at least do know the difference between Britain and England.

Anyway, I understand completely what you mean about the personality thing. However noting that, I don't know how you could possibly root for Federer ever..

Congratulations to Andy Murray. The post match celebration and trophy presentation was really a cool moment to watch. Watching the crowd all over the place just erupt in joy was awesome.
    But Fed is cool and awesome and fun

I understand the crowd's excitement but at some point they needed to just shut up. The last point in particular when some women started yelling after Djokovic's return because they thought it was out bothered me much more than it should have. I'm surprised Murray managed to hit is shot in after that especially when he's complaining about somebody in the lower seats using a fan on themselves during a point

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I'm just happy Djokovic didn't win Wimbledon. Congrats Andy, but I personally would have liked to see Federer win one more.

Strange not having any tennis to watch this morning Too little tennis is shown on TV here in the States.
    Oh well at least it's a short wait until the US Open. And the Winston-Salem Open is the week before that.

Ribbon by Beam

I have tickets to the US Open this year

Lvl 11 - Elite

The logo does not include this seasons (2013) 2 wins added to the streak!

The Washington Kastles's 34 game winning streak was snapped this week they even past the 1971-1972 L.A. Lakers winning streak.

On a side note: They were 14 wins shy of the USA Professional Sports Record winning streak of 48 games, held by the SD Sockers (2009)

Toggle Spoiler

Ribbon courtesy of Beam

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast