Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tennis Anyone?

This is a discussion on Tennis Anyone? within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Does anyone watch Tennis? it was an awesome few days at the Australian Open between the Semi-Finals of Nadal vs ...

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Tennis Anyone?

Does anyone watch Tennis? it was an awesome few days at the Australian Open between the Semi-Finals of Nadal vs Federer and Djokovic vs Murray then the final of Nadal vs Djokovic,

Looks as though Andy Murray is trying to move into that upper-echelon with the normal top 3, and hired Ivan Lendl to help along the way.

The women's brackets just have no excitement lately, unless you're watching Sharapova and not really watching the ball

and while on the topic, it's nice to have Djokovic making it further in tournaments because his girlfriend is so hot and is at every match lol

Welp, 1 major down for 2012, 3 to go.. on to the French where Nadal has reigned since 2004 outside 2009 when he was hurt... Let's see if Djokovic (or anyone else for that matter) can take him down on clay

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Tennis falls in a similar category as golf for me. I watch when I can, but I don't go out of my way to find it. That being said, I am a huge Maria Sharapova fan, unfortunately she did not play well in the final to win yesterday, and back in the day I was a HUGE Andre Agassi fan. I miss him.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Man was really hoping on RAFA to win especially with his 4th set tie breaker come back but no doubt novak won yet again, but his GF super hot i bet she was grunting all night when he won.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Tennis falls in a similar category as golf for me. I watch when I can, but I don't go out of my way to find it. That being said, I am a huge Maria Sharapova fan, unfortunately she did not play well in the final to win yesterday, and back in the day I was a HUGE Andre Agassi fan. I miss him.
    yeah theres no real #1 in women's tennis atm... a lot of good players but none that are in that great category... So doesn't make it that entertaining to watch... Unless of course you're watching Sharapova and not the ball, like I said
    I was a big fan of Agassi back when I was younger too... then came the dark days of Agassi being at the end of his career and Federer being the only player in that great tier and piling up wins over players like Andy Roddick...who is simply not competition for great players... Now that Fed has other greats playing with him, he hasnt won anything in a while.

I'm weird in I'm not like most people as the sports I enjoy watching most goes in order: Baseball, Tennis.. Football........ Basketball............idk... lol, and both of those are pro, not college.
    Most people tell me I'm weird and that Tennis and Baseball are boring to watch... but not to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    Man was really hoping on RAFA to win especially with his 4th set tie breaker come back but no doubt novak won yet again, but his GF super hot i bet she was grunting all night when he won.
    haha I doubt it, he was probably passed out, he could barely stand at the end of it and they had to bring out chairs for Rafa and Djokovic during the trophy ceremonies because rafa was leaning on the net and djokovic was bending over lol

I love Rafa and Djokovic so I didn't really care who won, just wanted to watch a great match and I did... I still think the Murray/Djokovic match was the best of the tournament though.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by oogadebob View Post
    yeah theres no real #1 in women's tennis atm... a lot of good players but none that are in that great category... So doesn't make it that entertaining to watch... Unless of course you're watching Sharapova and not the ball, like I said
    I was a big fan of Agassi back when I was younger too... then came the dark days of Agassi being at the end of his career and Federer being the only player in that great tier and piling up wins over players like Andy Roddick...who is simply not competition for great players... Now that Fed has other greats playing with him, he hasnt won anything in a while.

I'm weird in I'm not like most people as the sports I enjoy watching most goes in order: Baseball, Tennis.. Football........ Basketball............idk... lol, and both of those are pro, not college.
    Most people tell me I'm weird and that Tennis and Baseball are boring to watch... but not to me!

haha I doubt it, he was probably passed out, he could barely stand at the end of it and they had to bring out chairs for Rafa and Djokovic during the trophy ceremonies because rafa was leaning on the net and djokovic was bending over lol

I love Rafa and Djokovic so I didn't really care who won, just wanted to watch a great match and I did... I still think the Murray/Djokovic match was the best of the tournament though.
    yeah i love both players just would of been nice nadal to win for a change poor guy is always runner up. anyway yeah the murry/djockovic match was intense!
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

#cutformesa

Time to get this thread a revive!

Djokovic v Tsonga. Holy fuck that was a great match! At times Djokovic just annoyed me because he was acting like a child with his little outbursts but you can't say he didn't deserve to win it. Saved 4 match points to come back and dominate the 5th set. I reckon most of that was down to Tsonga sort of just giving up after losing the tie break. He didn't seem to have the same energy as before.

And Federer. Wow. 2 sets down to come back and annihilate Del Potro. Loving his backhand this tournament.

My money's on Ferrer and Nadal winning tomorrow.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMcD View Post
    Time to get this thread a revive!

Djokovic v Tsonga. Holy fuck that was a great match! At times Djokovic just annoyed me because he was acting like a child with his little outbursts but you can't say he didn't deserve to win it. Saved 4 match points to come back and dominate the 5th set. I reckon most of that was down to Tsonga sort of just giving up after losing the tie break. He didn't seem to have the same energy as before.

And Federer. Wow. 2 sets down to come back and annihilate Del Potro. Loving his backhand this tournament.

My money's on Ferrer and Nadal winning tomorrow.
    I agree some great games today Tsonga's had a few long matches so he wasnt looking great come the last set. As soon as Federer took that third set i knew it was going all the way to five sets. Looking forward to Wimbledon

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    I agree some great games today Tsonga's had a few long matches so he wasnt looking great come the last set. As soon as Federer took that third set i knew it was going all the way to five sets. Looking forward to Wimbledon
    Djokovic had quite a long match the other day as well. 5 hours iirc. I'm not goint to get excited for Wimbledon until after this weekend. I'm not too sure who's going to win between Djokovic and Federer in the semis (hopefully Federer though) but I think Nadal's on his way to the final. He's had an amazing tournament so far.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Nadal steam rolls everyone on clay.

He only lost one match at Roland Garros, and he was injured.

Tsonga is the only person I would not be surprised if they won a major outside the top 4.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

#cutformesa

Well now that Federer is gone I'm hoping that Djokovic is going to win tomorrow. I want to see him get that record!

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Rafa got the record instead, getting his record 7th French Open Title. He really is now the greatest clay court player ever. Djokovic had an opportunity with the rain and actually got a set off Nadal, but in the end the true clay court champ prevailed.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

#cutformesa

And that's Nadal out of Wimbledon. Beaten in 5 sets by Lukas Rosol. I didn't see the whole match because I was stupidly watching football, but the last few games I did see were incredible. This guy Rosol was hitting ground strokes at 100mph and serving at 130mph+ He made bits of Nadal on his serve and it was amazing!

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Death to zombies!!

Cant belive Nadal's out he didnt even look like he could be bothered and was taking ages inbetween points. Missed most of the match due to football but maybe theres hope for Murray to win

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Cant belive Nadal's out he didnt even look like he could be bothered and was taking ages inbetween points. Missed most of the match due to football but maybe theres hope for Murray to win
    Murray's not got a hope of winning Wimbledon He could make it to the final now that Nadal is gone, but Djokovic or Federer will be there to beat him

Federer's back to being #1 if he wins it

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMcD View Post
    Murray's not got a hope of winning Wimbledon He could make it to the final now that Nadal is gone, but Djokovic or Federer will be there to beat him

Federer's back to being #1 if he wins it
    I agree, Murray is the new Tim Henman never going to be good enough. Been watching more of the womens tennis but i do hope Federer gets back to #1 and he does love his Wimbledon

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

been a while since we talked Tennis... Federer did win Wimbledon, and take over #1 in the world. Then he proceded to blow the Olympic gold medal and his career golden slam to Andy Murray...

Nadal is out another 2 months with his injury, to the end of the Tennis season.
    and with Djokovic winning the Aussie, Nadal winning the French, and Federer winning Wimbledon,
    This could be the first year since 2003, that a different man won each of the 4 grand slam tournaments.
    in 2003, Agassi and Roddick won grand slams, with Federer picking up his first career grand slam.

Federer lost, Nadal is out with an injury, Djokovic is playing Del Potro (who he lost against in the Olympics) now, 6-6 in the 2nd, Djokovic up a set and Murray is still in it.

Just want to give a shout out to Andy Roddick, who retired at 30 years old after losing in the fourth round to Del Potro.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

子連れ狼

Nadal wins Madrid title! for fifth title of 2013!

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Best ever on clay!

Italian open up next for Nadal then on to the French.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

子連れ狼

French Open just started

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting

子連れ狼

All the top seeds have advance to the next round for the Men's Tourney in the 2013 French Open

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast