Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

The Official 2012 NFL Off-season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2012 NFL Off-season Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Discuss all 2012 NFL Off-season happenings in this thread! This thread will remain stickied until the end of Pre-season....

Administrator

The Official 2012 NFL Off-season Discussion Thread

Discuss all 2012 NFL Off-season happenings in this thread! This thread will remain stickied until the end of Pre-season.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

I disapprove.

Well there's some juicy rumor, and it's only a rumor, here in Chicago about a possible second franchise returning to the city. Word is the city of Chicago is looking to get in on the Superbowl cash cow by building a big dome stadium, and since the Bears are totally f**ked with Soldier Field, a possible second franchise with a brand new state of the art stadium would be just the ticket.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

glad that the season is over. never got to watch 2011 season since i was busy with school work. will watch this season from draft all the way to superbowl . btw i never new i had the channel NFLTV. been watching the show SoundFx for the past 2 hours and its really cool

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    I disapprove.

Well there's some juicy rumor, and it's only a rumor, here in Chicago about a possible second franchise returning to the city. Word is the city of Chicago is looking to get in on the Superbowl cash cow by building a big dome stadium, and since the Bears are totally f**ked with Soldier Field, a possible second franchise with a brand new state of the art stadium would be just the ticket.
    Why won't the city let the Bears build their own stadium if they want Super Bowl revenue that bad?

I don't know if the NFL would let Chicago have a 2nd team, the Midwest is pretty compact with NFL teams already.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    Why won't the city let the Bears build their own stadium if they want Super Bowl revenue that bad?

Don't really know all the details. Not sure the Bears necessarily want to move out, or if Virginia, Halas daughter, won't allow it. The fact that they remodeled Soldier Field, and it looks horrible, plus it's capacity is, I believe, the lowest in the league. Not to mention the fact that it's owned by the Park District, so the Bears have no real say on what is done with the stadium, which is why the turf is actually also the worst in the league.

I'd be all for another franchise here, if for nothing else, than to put the fear of God in Bears brass to get off their asses and get this team up to the prominence they should be at.

Administrator

Hmm, weird. Yeah, you'd think the Bears organization would be itching at the opportunity to move out. Especially with general consensus around the league that Soldier Field is the toilet bowl of the league. Ownership must be mismanaging funds if they can't afford to build a new stadium.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Does the city of Chicago even have the money to build the stadium? Does the state of Illinois have any money left to assist in the endeavour? From everything I see/hear/read, I thought both were as close to broke as a U.S. Government entity can get.

Or is the idea to simply build a new palace for a football team and screw all the little people who expect the government to stick to something mildly resembling its' duties?
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    Does the city of Chicago even have the money to build the stadium? Does the state of Illinois have any money left to assist in the endeavour? From everything I see/hear/read, I thought both were as close to broke as a U.S. Government entity can get.

Or is the idea to simply build a new palace for a football team and screw all the little people who expect the government to stick to something mildly resembling its' duties?

Don't really know all the details, as it is just a rumor. You'd hope they bring in ownership that can foot the bill on a new state of the art stadium. What's Mark Cuban's interest in an NFL franchise?

Chuck Norris Approved.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was funny how White could say someone is over paid for what they do.
    Roddy White rips NFL commissioner in tweet - Sports Blog - CBS News

Will be interesting to see how Del Rio fit's into the mix with the Broncos. Wait and see till next season.
    Del Rio 'Fired Up to Be Here'

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Hell even the president of the United States doesn't make near as much as NFL commissioner. I always thought that Goodell got paid too much, didn't realize it was that much though.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post

Don't really know all the details, as it is just a rumor. You'd hope they bring in ownership that can foot the bill on a new state of the art stadium. What's Mark Cuban's interest in an NFL franchise?
    Cuban already has had HDNET for awhile now and has tried to take a stake in mma with his HDNight fight's every week. Which I will admit has some good show's more so then not. Not to mention it is Mark Cuban, he is just that type of person.

As in White vs Goodell, sport's salaries in general are just getting way out of hand.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    As in White vs Goodell, sport's salaries in general are just getting way out of hand.

In the NFL I don't usually hate on players getting as much as they can. The league is cruel, and careers are short, that and the fact that contracts aren't guaranteed. I say get what you can while you can.

But that's the players, we pay, and tune in, to see them. We don't pay or tune in to see Roger Goodell. So I'm in agreement. $20 million is too much for a guy who is essentially handing out fines.

Chuck Norris Approved.

I would like to see what his entire salary is. The article states the last 2 years I believe would be $20 million a year. I agree if you can get it get it, can't blame a man for doing that at all. Still when you here a new salary figure it still is hard to believe, I figured Goodells salary at $20 mil for one year came to around $386,000 a week. Give or take I did the figures last night at work.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Watch out for the niners next year, they're an elite reciever away from a superbowl team!! GO NINERS!!!!
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MoonKeith View Post
    Watch out for the niners next year, they're an elite QUARTERBACK away from a superbowl team!! GO NINERS!!!!

Fixed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Roddy White ought to shut his yap when it comes to complaining about people's salaries. After all, this is a guy being paid eight figures per annum when he doesn't have much in the way of skills that translate to the real world.

Roger Goddell does more to justify his pay vis-a-vis the value he brings than Roddy White ever will. It might not be $20 million worth, but Goddell is the steward of a multi-billion dollar industry and probably works 80-hour weeks nearly the entire year. If Goddell didn't have the NFL, he could probably work in management of any major corporation in the country with his skills and knowledge.

All Roddy White does is run and catch a football.... and work out. I doubt he works 80 hours on any given week, and he gets an awful lot of vacation time. I imagine if there wasn't a National Football League, he'd be doing one of three things:

* Pumping gas.
    * Asking "Do you want fries with that?" (alternate version: "Paper or plastic?")
    * Collecting unemployment while watching Wendy Williams.

Goodell has skills and an education that would translate beyond the NFL. I doubt Roddy White could claim either one.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

lol, a few years ago wasn't it released that Goodell made ~ $10M immediately following a report that Bud Selig made $18.4M

Now Goodell makes $20M and Selig makes $22M...

disgusting, Lol.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Anyone else think it's a little unfair to Colt McCoy that Cleveland is looking at a new quarterback already? It's not his fault the team blows, and it won't be the next quarterbacks fault either. They have a passable defense, they just need to build around McCoy, not get another flippin quarterback.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthnytdwg View Post
    Anyone else think it's a little unfair to Colt McCoy that Cleveland is looking at a new quarterback already? It's not his fault the team blows, and it won't be the next quarterbacks fault either. They have a passable defense, they just need to build around McCoy, not get another flippin quarterback.
    As a Browns fan (My Hometown team. Also an Eagles Fan), I agree with your comment to an extent. While I do believe that the NEED to give him more weapons to actually get a full evaluation on him to see if he actually can be "it", I would however like to see them take a shot at RGIII (No, I'm not on the hype train for him). I do think that he can "potentially" give the Browns a playmaking QB. Just need to upgrade the offense like 10 years ago. Also, I pray that they can re-sign Hillis. While there's multiple reports that they will let him walk, he's a pretty damn good RB (when healthy). I also would love to see them draft LaMichael James from Oregon. A speedy RB with RGIII, AND a couple of playmaking, speedy WR's, and a reliable TE, and I can see them making a difference. But, I'm just a fan with a dream.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Seems Coach fox is looking to add 2 more QB's to the Broncos. As several other idea's he has.
    Coach John Fox busy refining Broncos' offseason wish list - The Denver Post

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast