Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

TNA Impact Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on TNA Impact Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I watched almost the entire episode of TNA tonight with the exception of the Knockouts match. I used that time ...

Platinum Procrastinator

I watched almost the entire episode of TNA tonight with the exception of the Knockouts match. I used that time to browse the forums thankfully. It seems like TNA are starting to do some things right with Ares and continuing the Sting and Aces/Eights storyline etc... However, I don't know how long they'll be able to keep this up. I don't like Zema Ion and think he's an idiot on the mic. Not to mention he doesn't really impress me like Austin Ares did. Also, stuff like Joseph Parks and AJ/Crackwhore are really stupid. Only time will tell if TNA are able to get back to being decent again but I seriously doubt it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Ha, I didn't see this comment before I wrote the recap. That's hilarious I'm glad I wasn't the only one who went what the f*** at that.
    By the way since you mention him here's a funny Mr. Perfect inspired story:
    When Curt made his surprise return a few years ago (more like ten) at the Royal Rumble my future wife and I had just started dating and she was as big a wrestling fan as myself. We were watching the show with some friends at a sports bar and when Henning did the gum trick I made the idiotic remark that I could pull that off. Well I did it, spit the gum, slapped it out of the air and right down the front of my date's shirt. Into the bra and gum, well gum spreads quickly and nasty. She was not pleased or amused by the situation.
    Hahaha, if I never just repped you for the weekly writeup, I'd rep you right now for that amusing story. Over the years, I've attempted that trick several times, some successfully while others not so much. However, none of them ended that badly lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I watched almost the entire episode of TNA tonight with the exception of the Knockouts match. I used that time to browse the forums thankfully. It seems like TNA are starting to do some things right with Ares and continuing the Sting and Aces/Eights storyline etc... However, I don't know how long they'll be able to keep this up. I don't like Zema Ion and think he's an idiot on the mic. Not to mention he doesn't really impress me like Austin Ares did. Also, stuff like Joseph Parks and AJ/Crackwhore are really stupid. Only time will tell if TNA are able to get back to being decent again but I seriously doubt it.
    I agree, in the past three weeks TNA has done well to find places to hit in their telecast and the PPV they just had was a great example of what their company "could" be. But for every hit they have these massive, just massive misses like the AJ thing or the current state of the KO's division. TNA has to have a serious sit down and look at its product, roster, and future. Despite everything bad I say about TNA every week, they are a company I would love to see succeed and one that can if put on the right path, but one way is a legitimate competitor in the industry, the other is a bought out tape library.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Awww, poor Spike TV and TNA. Such a shame. Too bad I got Comcast, I still actually have access to it, even though I don't want it.

Three hours of Impact, hmm, sound familiar?

Congrats to Ares, after 5,789 wrong things, TNA did one thing right.

[top]Tenay and Taz are pleading that we should get our friends with Direct TV to call and demand it be put back on, but my favorite part is him telling me to invite them over to watch Impact with me since they no longer get it. Mr. Tenay, I don't think my friends would appreciate me threatening them like that.

Apparently TNA wants all TNA fans to be friendless.

You know, does TNA understand the concept of build up? While the opening match, by way of E-dog's description, was sloppy, the essence of the match screamed PPV. You use a regular match, and tease all the hardcore stuff for the PPV, it's how you get people to actually want to buy it. But no, you give it away on free tv, and well people still don't watch it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Backstage some guy, who hasn't appeared enough for me to remember his name, is spouting off about Zema being his friend, but not liking what Zema was doing regarding Sorenson and blah blah blah just WRESTLE DAMMIT!!!
    I don't have the video for right here, I'll let tommy do it when he reads this.
    You read my mind....

Way to go TNA, way to let everyone know exactly what you were doing when you let Ares win the belt. You were totally emulating CM Punk becoming champion. About the only thing missing was the big blast off promo, and Ares running out of the building with the title like he stole it.

TNA, we're live, honestly.

Aces & Eights? Are they somehow trying to meld the Joker concept with the Crazy 88's from Kill Bill?

Hello direct TV, I'm thinking of leaving Comcast, can we talk?

Platinum Procrastinator

Maybe I'm stupid or just curious and I'm pretty sure this will come back to bite me in the ass, but I want to know more about these Aces and Eight guys. When they first jumped Sting, I think there were three or four of them. However last night there was probably six or seven of them when they jumped Sting again, who is completely stupid to not know what was going on anyways.

I mean what did he expect, Hogan doesn't come out after playing his music three separate times and then when he goes to walk to the back he gets jumped again. I mean we all saw them flea from Hogans office so they obviously were on the move to somewhere else, and more than likely going after him. Anyways, here's hoping they beat the Joker out of him lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Question: How can you find out the company airing you has no faith in your product beyond the familiar point?
    Answer: TNA Remind was cancelled after one airing and replaced with a CSI repeat.
    Dixie Carter: "But Spike TV believes in us and supports us."
    No they don't.

Toggle Spoiler

"I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Platinum Procrastinator

Its bad when some of the main wrestlers for your show include Mr. Anderson and RVD to fill the time as everyone else are getting beat down by the Aces and Eights. Had this of been 5-10 years ago it would of been awesome. However, now these two guys are just shells of their former selves and really only care about their paychecks as their ring work is severally lacking.

I really hope we don't see some sort of new super main event mafia with Hogan, Sting, Ares, and Angle because remember they wanted to bring the main event mafia back before Kevin Nash signed with the WWE and it fell apart, thankfully.

PRO Member

wow they still doing this eights and aces bullshit jeez I thought they were gonna end it a week agao and reveal themselves.

Legend...Nuff Said

Holy damn man, I just found out this thread existed. I thought my commentaries were long...it took 20 minutes to read it on my phone as I'm in a bus to the beach. Good work. Major props. I remember that Mysterio spear with a side of the Police being called, unscripted cause the neighborhood thought a gang war was going on.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Holy damn man, I just found out this thread existed. I thought my commentaries were long...it took 20 minutes to read it on my phone as I'm in a bus to the beach. Good work. Major props. I remember that Mysterio spear with a side of the Police being called, unscripted cause the neighborhood thought a gang war was going on.
    I appreciate that, high praise coming from the site's lead commentator and interviewer.

As for an interesting bit of TNA new apparently contract negotiations for Devon and Bully Ray, both of whom will be free agents soon are at a standstill. I don't think either man wants to go back to WWE at the moment as they would probably try to repackage them as the Dudleys and they seem to be enjoying trying to have singles careers, but Ray would be a big loss for TNA right now.
    Unless he keeps up the loogy thing, that craps disgusting- stop it!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    I appreciate that, high praise coming from the site's lead commentator and interviewer.

As for an interesting bit of TNA new apparently contract negotiations for Devon and Bully Ray, both of whom will be free agents soon are at a standstill. I don't think either man wants to go back to WWE at the moment as they would probably try to repackage them as the Dudleys and they seem to be enjoying trying to have singles careers, but Ray would be a big loss for TNA right now.
    Unless he keeps up the loogy thing, that craps disgusting- stop it!
    I'm actually liking Ray as a singles competitor actually, Devon not so much as his character isn't as good. However, I'll agree that the loogy gimmick has to stop!

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Kurt angle, jeff hardy, and RVD leave this shithole and get back to wwe soon before it is to late

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Kurt angle, jeff hardy, and RVD leave this shithole and get back to wwe soon before it is to late
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know I wouldn't want any of those guys back in the WWE with the exception of maybe Angle if he drops the drunken asshole twitter personality.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know I wouldn't want any of those guys back in the WWE with the exception of maybe Angle if he drops the drunken asshole twitter personality.
    I have to echo that completely, the quality these guys turn in is so inconsistent and their characters have bottomed out so badly I just can't see them as viable talents in any promotion at this point.
    Angle might have one last great run left in him under the right circumstance, but he would really have to commit to it.
    For both companies the best thing would be to work on bringing up new and fresh talent instead of trying to milk popular names for every ounce they're worth.

EDIT: I'm gonna add something here and before I get to into this I really hope part of this isn't true.

Apparently Velvet Sky may soon be leaving TNA, as her contract is coming up and has apparently told friends the negotiations aren't going well. That's not the part of the article that upsets me, what upsets me is she may not be the only one leaving TNA.

Rumor is Bruce Pitchard, TNA's head of talent relations, is presently many of the contracted performers with restructured offers that are being described as "take it or leave it" replacements to their current deals.

TNA is such a company on the edge, but one thing they do have is quality talent, not all but a good bit. If TNA is trying to drop some of their dead weight talent this wouldn't be my preferred method but that's one thing, however if this is effecting those few guys who really work to help carry the company and are high points to its product then this is just a horrible idea that could leave them losing some important players.

I'd like to see if more comes from this but here's the link to the article talking about the rumor:
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/...t_Dispute.html
    Last edited by eternalunderdog; 07-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Platinum Procrastinator

I just followed that link and then clicked on some of the other top news on TNA. One in particular had my cracking up when I read the comments. It was about Angle getting married again and telling people they're expecting their second child. The first comment was hilarious and said:

Tomorrow he will announce the babies womb was hacked.
    Hahahahahaha.

Anyways, here's the link if anybody is interested.

Kurt Angle Gets Married and Announces Big News, BFG Series Match On Xplosion, Sam Shaw

Lvl 9 - Gold

In a week when we celebrate the 1000th episode of Raw I think we should look back on the amazing accomplishment of TNA as well

........this s*** is still on the air! Now that's impressive.
    Time for Impact:

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

There was one funny line tonight, during the X-Division selection when Dakota Darsow got eliminated, and Austin Aries said

"Sorry, maybe next time. Say Hi to your dad for me, I hear he's doing great with the repo business"

It got a chuckle out of me.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

One question was the Chavo promo any good?

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    The entire segment's only heat or pops came whenever the name "Guerrero" was mentioned, or dissed. It wasn't the best thing Chavo has done, that's for sure.

---

That Kurt Angle Funny or Die video is up, and it has RVD in it also. It's pretty hilairous and probably the best usage of TNA talent all year

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    No it was Chavo saying "I'm a Guerrero, I'm a Guerrero, I'm a Guerrero." While people popped for the family name. Then when he got to talking about being a champ and facing the best it got quiet and he started to ramble till Kash eventually cut him off.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast