Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

TNA Impact Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on TNA Impact Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Okay this just cracked me up. This is just a small blurb from an interview RVD recently did, it's the ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Okay this just cracked me up. This is just a small blurb from an interview RVD recently did, it's the second sentence that made me laugh:

When we have our matches, they are known to be more athletic, more competitive in nature, and that's what wrestling fans really appreciate. And the fact there's more of a focus on wrestling in Total Nonstop Action over the other major company on TV.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Okay this just cracked me up. This is just a small blurb from an interview RVD recently did, it's the second sentence that made me laugh:
    Its even funnier coming from RVD. I wonder if he actually thinks he's still giving the fans the same matches he was five years ago? I mean, its obvious that he's gotten extremely lazy along with most of the higher paid guys on Impact. But I just wonder if they all know this and just don't care about it, only caring for their paycheck, or do they all still believe they're putting on awesome shows.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm going on vacation Thursday and probably will be on the road when Impact airs, I'll try to catch up when I get back or may just skip it this week. We'll see how it goes.

(Insert your boos and hisses below)
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Resident PHD

I'm going on vacation Thursday and probably will be on the road when Impact airs, I'll try to catch up when I get back or may just skip it this week. We'll see how it goes.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

let's just accept it as a boo,I think that the Aces & Eights is now TNA's newest version of the NWO even though we had the Main Event Mafia back in 2008.

My Battlelog
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Hozkinz/

Anime and music,other things reasonable to discuss in a good website
    http://www.kotatsulounge.com/forum

myanimelist
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bioware
    (yes,I formed this as a troll account)

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm not sure why I'm doing this but here goes BOTH last week and this week's Impact back-to-back:

Just one little amendment, for the sake of space and time I'm gonna skip any semblance of play-by-play and just give overall match opinion.....unless there's something fantastic or so awful it must be highlighted.....but when is it ever fantastic?

Toggle Spoiler

NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN, NEVER!!
    Here's this week's Impact:

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by eternalunderdog; 08-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Platinum Procrastinator

I cannot begin to fathom the amount of torture you went through to do not only one, but two, back to back reviews of Impact. Definitely worthy of some more rep my friend.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I cannot begin to fathom the amount of torture you went through to do not only one, but two, back to back reviews of Impact. Definitely worthy of some more rep my friend.
    You know what I'm just happy somebody still reads these, the comments starting drying up and I thought maybe I was talking to myself.

Platinum Procrastinator

You know what I'm just happy somebody still reads these, the comments starting drying up and I thought maybe I was talking to myself.
    I read them every week and I'm sure I'm not alone. However, I don't comment that much because I try to take certain aspects of the writeup and comment on it, but by the time I get to the end, I've forgotten about it lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I tried, I tried to watch Hardcore Justice on Sunday, but I just couldn't get into it in any way. The opening match was Chavo and Hernandez in a tag match verses Kash and Gunner. It was terrible, it was boring and it did nothing for anyone. I t made Chavo look weak as a new addition since he relied a lot on Hernandez, but Hernandez wasn't doing anything to stand out in the match and Gunner and Kash just didn't want to be there. After that I flipped between Impact and youtube.....mostly youtube....
    But I'm here tonight ready to watch Impact........Dear God help me....

EDIT: I don't know how well this is going to post as my internet is acting up tonight, so if something is wrong I'll fix it this weekend.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

[top]A&E are in the ring behind Brooke Hogan! YES!! Take her out boys!!
    Brooke does the worst I'm scared acting ever as Ray, Aries, and Hardy run in to save her. RVD and Storm stroll down afterward.
    DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL! A&E Avenge yourselves!!!

Hahahaha, best part of the writeup by far in my opinion. More rep coming your way again this week.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Oh, TNA, TNA, TNA........ Look, before I get into a small pre Impact rant I want to make something clear. I hate the AJ/ Claire storyline. Now with that said there is something I want to say real quick. Recently it became public knowledge that the woman playing Claire was an actress who also played Olive Oil in Universal Studios Popeye stage show. In response to this the actress deleted all her acting related content on her webpage and took down here Linkendin profile. Even after she went to lengths to hide that she was an actress it appears TNA has let her go as she wasn't on Impact since the reveal and rumor is they are closing that particular storyline tonight. To all this I say.......WHAT?!
    TNA, are you under the impression that your fans do not know that your storylines are scripted?
    Are you under the delusion that ANYONE believed "Claire" was really a drug addict who doped AJ into sleeping with her?
    TNA....are you new?
    I will be the first one to defend that wrestlers are athletes and that what they do in the ring is dangerous and carries a very real element to it, but I will also point out that pretty much everything that happens on air outside the ring is AN ACT! And in this way wrestlers are actors, so hiring an actress to play a part.....well that's kind of the definition of what they do isn't it?
    Again I despise this storyline, and I'm happy it is coming to an end. I just think that since the original plan was supposed to be a long running angle that appears to have been cut short in the wake of fans discovering a character was not really who they claim to be on TV...well then Allen Jones, Daniel Covell, and Frank Gerdelman should probably be out of jobs as well.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

I actually watched most of Impact tonight and thought it absolutely sucked ass. The whole AJ pregnancy thing pissed me off. It was dragged out and the ending is stupid but everyone seen that coming. Who really thought that AJ was the father and Daniels and Kaz had nothing to do with it?

There was a moment when someone was walking down the ramp and right when they approached the camera and were about to say something they broke off and switched to something else. I can't remember who it was, maybe Ray but I laughed.

Also, the Sting/Hogan scene was ridiculous. I love Hogan's acting!!! The whole rabid dog routine was brilliant!!! I want him to do that from now on weather he's on a mic or not!!! Not to mention what you already said Eternalunderdog with Sting feeling up his arms and saying "wow" to the camera. Best moment of Impact ever!!!

Also, Ray managed to catch his loogey tonight, it wasn't as evident as past times but I did notice him do it when he was leaning against the ropes at one point.

The Gut Check guy sucked. His video package sucked and he mentioned he'd die just to get a contract which I laughed at and found incredibly ironic. Not to mention he said he'd make sure every fan was entertained. After watching how sloppy his match was, I too felt that Gunner botched the F-5 on purpose.

What else was there. Oh yes, the Aces and Eights thing was stupid. What I found most hilarious was the fact that they beat down Ares and leave the ring when Ray charges in. Yet two seconds later they're all outside on their bikes and drive off. Have they invented some sort of time warp device because I thought Impact was suppose to be live. There is no way they could of left the building that fast. Also not to mention they got their asses kicked tonight which serves no purpose and makes them look extremely weak like you mentioned.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    What else was there. Oh yes, the Aces and Eights thing was stupid. What I found most hilarious was the fact that they beat down Ares and leave the ring when Ray charges in. Yet two seconds later they're all outside on their bikes and drive off. Have they invented some sort of time warp device because I thought Impact was suppose to be live. There is no way they could of left the building that fast. Also not to mention they got their asses kicked tonight which serves no purpose and makes them look extremely weak like you mentioned.
    I was so bored by the Ray/ Anderson match I must have skipped over the loogey thing, but I just don't get what that accomplishes at all.
    And it was Ray they cut away on, it was hilarious.

Yeah, you know I was rereading the recap and realized I was a little unclear at the end in talking about A&E, which isn't hard my head hurts by the end of Impact so I tend to make less sense near the end.
    Tonight was a horrible night for both this faction and story. I made a comparison to WCW invading WWE and I want to elaborate on it for a second. I wasn't talking about the actual invasion angle they did like ten years ago (oh my god that was ten years ago!). I was just trying to make a point, a faction is a group of guys with a similar purpose in mind- but there are limits to how big a faction can be before it gets to a point where it can no longer serve its purpose. A great example would be the Ministry and the Corporation from the late 90's, separately they worked really well and gave a lot of guys good exposure and storylines to work in. But when the two combined there started to be problems and guys got lost in the shuffle, now to WWE's credit they actually handle that well and created mini factions like the Union to disperse those guys and keep them relevant. I don't see TNA doing that.

The problem is that A&E got really weak really quick and then got WAY too big tonight to serve any purpose. The moment Sting got a few guys on his side A&E stopped accomplishing anything and that makes them look weak, disorganized, and not even slightly threatening. To go back to the actual WCW/ WWE angle for a second, when the APA started rallying the locker room WCW still got stuff done in the fight. Booker T made have been chased out of the arena, but he laid out the Rock first. O'Haire and Pulumbo got their asses kicked, but they demolished the tag champs first. Tonight A&E got their asses kicked and in return they got 1 guy. If there had been one A&E member that would be acceptable, but there were thirty! Last week they failed to attack anybody, except a last minute shot at Storm- and even that was only a quick attack as the show ended just to get him on TNA's side going into tonight. Tonight 30 guys, 1 success- that's not threatening.
    The second thing is with that many guys the faction is far too big. Worse there is no one to identify. A group NEEDS a leader, someone fans can point to and see coordinating the attack or playing the mind games. I grant that they have tried to establish this person with the muffled man appearing on the video wall, but he blends to easily with the other members, there are at least three guys dressed exactly like him so you can't point him out. If there was something to distinguish a few of the guys that would help at lest zero in on who will be the focus of this group; like the leader wears a red bandanna or only one guy has long hair. Instead it's a mess and tonight I don't know if I should be saying the five guys who got Aries are the main guys or just the five who pulled a lucky shot.
    But more than just blending together there being so many of them just doesn't work. I have no belief TNA will replace their whole roster with the bikers, but that is the numbers they have. So either they whittle it down and leave us confused why all the other guys left or you end up with a huge roster and no time or story to fit them in- a problem TNA had before this and still has.
    It's like the NWO, when it was small it worked well, you could focus on the immediate targets and give them credit for their accomplishments in hurting WCW. Plus they could take up select portions of the show and be spotlighted, but as the faction grew and grew and grew it became harder to keep track of who was in it or what they were all doing until it finally just seemed like way to many people just standing around.

I don't think TNA has completely botched this angle...yet. They can save it, but they need A&E to get a purpose. Are they after the power players in TNA? The champs? Management? Pick a target and focus. Trim the herd, if need be have the "good guys" take out a few extras every week AFTER A&E accomplish something and have those guys go down hard- then you make the excuse TNA isn't holding back and give a reason the numbers dwindle. Finally it can't be the whole roster against A&E, that gives them no wiggle room at all. Storm's status was good for keeping the heels on edge about helping out so they need to find some way to give the roster a dividing line that they tip toe around.

Wow, that's quite the wall of text. Sorry about that.

Platinum Procrastinator

I agree with everything you've said. There is no way TNA is going to keep all of A&E on their roster cause there is like 12 or more of them. If they do they're idiots. With all of them, their current roster, and finally the new Gut Check guys its like they're trying to hire four times the amount of people they actually need and will ever use.

They don't even give half the guys they got air time now. Adding more is stupid.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So rumor has it Bully Ray (whose placed fourth in the BFG series) and Devon (the TV champ) are not resigning with TNA and their contracts close this week. I guess it will be interesting to see how their characters are handled on what could be their final Impact episode.

I'm sorry this is late, but with classes picking up Friday my become the more realistic date for these results to get posted.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

So Devon is officially done with TNA, even though he still holds the TNA TV Title. Rumor is the company may just drop the title altogether.

So the TV title, which was reintroduced in March, ordered to be defended every week in April, then defended twice in May, once in June, and then one last time in August is gone.

Up the Irons!

So Devon is officially done with TNA, even though he still holds the TNA TV Title. Rumor is the company may just drop the title altogether.

So the TV title, which was reintroduced in March, ordered to be defended every week in April, then defended twice in May, once in June, and then one last time in August is gone.
    What about Bully Ray?

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by APriceless View Post
    What about Bully Ray?
    No word, but he must have signed some kind of extension as he's booked for next week. I think if he qualifies for BFG that says he's staying, if he doesn't I'd look at that as a sign he's out too.

Platinum Procrastinator

You mean the guy who has been doing nothing but helping Garrett Bischoff get more tv time by saying "Don't worry we got your back" and who was given a title that was suppose to be defended on tv every week but never was has actually left TNA. I'm shocked!!!

I'd love it if Ray also leaves and they join up as a tag team again with the WWE. Heck, I'd even like to see them come back for single competitions.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast