Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

TNA Impact Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on TNA Impact Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by Denaratuck I'd love it if Ray also leaves and they join up as a tag team again ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'd love it if Ray also leaves and they join up as a tag team again with the WWE. Heck, I'd even like to see them come back for single competitions.
    It seems Ray may have decided to stay with TNA, he is featured in their upcoming advertising and is still being heavily promoted with the final BFG matches tonight.

As for Devon, rumor is he is well liked backstage in WWE but they don't know if they would hire him back for a on TV role. However some are interested in bringing him in as a road agent or trainer.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 9 - Gold

Alright, so this week- rather than starting things off with a random remark that may or may not apply to Impact I figured we would ask a few questions and see if they are covered during the course of the show:

1. Will TNA address the departure of one of their title holders and/ or the state of that title?
    2. Will the X-division title show up on screen?
    3. Will they do anything to help give us a reason to actually care about Aces & 8s so that this feud can get some traction?
    4. What the f*** happened to Crimson?....and Chavo?......and Hernandez?
    5. Winter left TNA too, anybody care?

Toggle Spoiler

Time to check back in on those questions:
    1. Will TNA address the departure of one of their title holders and/ or the state of that title?
    - Nope, title holder is gone, title is gone like it never happened.

2. Will the X-division title show up on screen?
    -Nope been over a month AND no X-Division title defense is set for Sunday, this faction of the company should beware of being downsized at this point.

3. Will they do anything to help give us a reason to actually care about Aces & 8s so that this feud can get some traction?
    -Kind of, at least there is an actual match coming out of this now. But here's the problem, with groups like the NWO or Four Horsemen or even the WCW/ECW alliance there were faces that people could get behind. You may not like the group but there were members to support or boo cause you knew who they were. This doesn't have that, yeah the faceless thing makes them easy to hate, but it also makes them blur together and become forgettable. Sunday someone needs to be unmasked as the face of this group, someone specific that fans can hate and focus on or this will be dead in the water by next week.

4. What the f*** happened to Crimson?....and Chavo?......and Hernandez?
    - Well two of the three are still alive apparently and now serving as tag team jobbers....way to use that debuting talent you kept hyping for three weeks.

5. Winter left TNA too, anybody care?
    -Nope not a damn person cared, but there were some Devon signs in the crowd so they cared about him.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Lvl 9 - Gold

Bully Ray has indeed resigned with TNA for 2 more years, this is the first time in quite some time that he and Devon will not be employed by the same company.

PRO Member

this is rather disturbing thats all I will say click it if you wish.
    Even for a Minute, Watching Hulk Hogan Have Sex in a Canopy Bed is Not Safe For Work but Watch it Anyway

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Well if you want to see it you better hurry. It is some of the funniest shit I have ever seen

Hulk Hogan -- Threatening LAWSUIT Over Leaked Sex Tape Footage | TMZ.com

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post

Isn't this the second or third time a sex tape of Hogan has "leaked" on the Internet. Man needs to start checking the room before getting to business.

Resident PHD

Oh man this is getting dumber and dumber. So it seems that Bubba asked Hogan to fuck his wife, then Bubba taped it (secretly) and then Bubba leaked it as well.

Hulk Hogan Betrayed By Best Friend -- 'I'm Sick to My Stomach' | TMZ.com

I don't know if Hogan was in on it the whole time (because let's face it sex tapes and scandals are the best thing for a failing career) but this is just getting sad.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Oh man this is getting dumber and dumber. So it seems that Bubba asked Hogan to fuck his wife, then Bubba taped it (secretly) and then Bubba leaked it as well.

Hulk Hogan Betrayed By Best Friend -- 'I'm Sick to My Stomach' | TMZ.com

I don't know if Hogan was in on it the whole time (because let's face it sex tapes and scandals are the best thing for a failing career) but this is just getting sad.

You know, over the years I have asked my friends to do some strange or difficult things, but have sex with MY WIFE- nope never gone down that road.
    And I'd like to believe in any semi-normal friendship that such a request would never take place.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Tonight I watched what could have been a great twist and a truly interesting moment in TNA turned into a pile of dog crap, wait....my crap is better than this- cat crap, yeah nothing good about that, cat crap.... late night, wake you up from a deep sleep cat crap.

So let me explain, for the past, oh two months we have sat through the boredom that is the Aces & 8's build-up. It has been a slow build, which isn't a completely bad thing but little has been done to make the characters interesting. There is little to no consistency to there line-up, they have never really been a threat, but more a constant nuisance. However that changed when a few weeks ago a match was made for tonight that 2 TNA guys would take on 2 A&E's in a match. The stipulation? If TNA won A&E was gone for good, but if A&E won then they had free reign to come into TNA.

With a stipulation like that you know it's has to come to a head tonight, A&E has to win or the gimmick is gone and makes no sense, but more than that they need to be a threat so that when they win TNA has something to fear. A&E needs to be a presence in the way DX or the NWO or the Four Horsemen (Yes I realize I went to the extremes of good stables) were in terms that you as an audience member feel they could take over TNA if left unchecked.
    Going into tonight I felt A&E was not at that level but a decent showing could get them there, more than that I was waiting for the members to unmask now that they could come as they wanted and reveal who we as the audience needed to watch out for.

So the match, first one thing I forgot to include Joesph Parks was being held as a hostage by A&E as leverage to get this match- why I don't know but he was there. On to the match.
    There were problems going into the match, first it was a no DQ match. Now if done right this could have been used to make TNA look desperate to block out A&E and put them over as more dangerous villains, instead the TNA locker room stayed out of the match as A&E threw in more and more members to try to overcome the combined efforts of Sting and Bully Ray (the 2 chosen men for TNA). At one point as a member entered he enraged a handcuffed Joesph Parks who snapped, broke loose of the cuffs and beat him up the ramp and out of the match.

So how did this finally fall completely apart? Well that came in the ending. After setting up a table Sting was pulled outside the ring and Ray was left alone with the other member of the A&E team. Yet another, the fifth overall so far, A&E member jumped in the ring and hit Ray with a spinebuster through the table, the second member covered Ray and A&E got the three- not great but fine you did what you needed. Now three more members join in the ring for a total of six men in the ring begin to beat down Ray and Sting.

Here comes the fail. As the onslaught continues Hogans music hits, not Abyss's music which would have been interesting since they took his brother and he needs to return and Parks had already left the ringside area, no Hogan's music hits. And Hogan, the 60+ year old, multi back surgery, slow as a turtle, complete non-threat made his way to the ring. Five of the A&E members run to stop him and he lays them out one by one on the ramp- with one punch each. Once in the ring he proceeds to beat down the last member, by himself, in truly horrible fashion- including a big boot that didn't even clear the sternum (that's in your chest) area.
    YOU ARE NOT A THREAT! When a sizable portion of your stable can be creamed by a senior citizen YOU ARE NOT A THREAT!.

Ah-a, but TNA was not done ruining anything good this faction could bring to the table because Hogan was set the reveal the member he had demolished in the ring. Was it Luke Gallows? Ryan Braddock? Chris Masters? Another WWE guy desperately in need of a paycheck? No it was.....
    Devon Dudley!
    What? :shock: :gasp:, yes in a rare moment TNA pulled an actual decent curve out of their pocket and resigned Devon to the company and had in appear as the leader of A&E, there is only one problem.......five seconds before this HE GOT CREAMED BY HULK HOGAN!!

Look this wasn't hard, have A&E win, let them attack the TNA guys, have Hogan arrive, left A&E take him down, Devon reveals himself as the mastermind, we all are actually surprised, they attack some more, Abyss returns, they bail- because Abyss is a crazy SOB and actually SHOULD be feared, and now the looming threat of A&E exist with Devon at the head.
    But no, no this was not to be and I can honestly say I walk away from this match with almost little to no interest in this faction at all.
    The only, only, only thing this match did was kind of sort of make Ray into a face character, but honestly he plays heel so well why would want to do that till you have used him as a heel to his full extent.

Devon I'm sorry WWE wouldn't resign you till the lawsuit with TNA is done with, you deserved better.

EDIT: I missed the end of the PPV, but saw that Hardy won the World title.....No, that's a bad TNA, bad, bad TNA!.

If anyone is curious I have been incredibly busy with school/ work. But I have a free week so TNA review will probably return this week.
    Last edited by eternalunderdog; 10-15-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yay!!!!!!!!! Jeff Hardy won the title. I cant stand Aries, he's not enjoyable to watch. Here's the results from Bound For Glory RVD Def Zema Ion (New X Division Champion) Samoa Joe Def Magnus (TV Title Defended) James Storm Def Bobby Roode Joey Ryan Def Al Snow Chavo & Hernandez Def AJ & Angel Kaz & Daniels (New Team Champs) Tara Def Tessmacher (New Knockouts Champ) A's & 8's Def Sting & Bully Ray Jeff Hardy Def Austin Aries (New World Heavyweight Champ)

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't know about you... but that Devon feveal (albeit kinda dumb) was a huge shock. My jaw dropped because I didn't expect that. Great work by TNA for that.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I don't know about you... but that Devon feveal (albeit kinda dumb) was a huge shock. My jaw dropped because I didn't expect that. Great work by TNA for that.
    I thought revealing it to be Devon was great, I thought revealing it to be Devon seconds after Hogan kicked his ass was garbage.

Resident PHD

You know something Brother, I hear you have a copy of my sex tape Dude. I think I am going to have to take you court where you will feel the power of my 24 inch lawyers, Brother. And to all the rest of you Hulkamaniacs out there that have a copy of my tape, I think you need to ask yourself a question. Whatcha going do, when Hulkamania runs wild on you.

HOGAN SEEKING $100 MILLION IN DAMAGES IN LAWSUIT AGAINST GAWKER, ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON HOGAN LAWSUITS | PWInsider.com

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wish Kurt Angle wouldve just listened to WWE. He's just too main stream for TNA. But enjoyed last Thursdays main event

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is Matt Morgan actually wearing the golden cape that Hulk Hogan used against Andre The Giant in Showdown in Shea 80' or was Morgan simply being stupid with Joey Ryan?

My Battlelog
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Hozkinz/

Anime and music,other things reasonable to discuss in a good website
    http://www.kotatsulounge.com/forum

myanimelist
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bioware
    (yes,I formed this as a troll account)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well PPV card is shapin up well. Cant wait to see AA get destroyed in a ladder match. I was shocked tho w the #1 contender triple threat match. The one who gets pinned loses a year of bein #1 contender. Everyone loves cowboy, Bobby just pretty much ended a "#1 contender dry spell" & AJ is one of the true faces of TNA.. Dont know how this will end. Kinda mad theyre giving Kurt the match w Devon, but might be doing it to keep the Bully vs A & 8s going

Ice Cream Firefighter

I just happened to stumble across this site & I think they have a pretty interesting theory on who the Aces & Eights are well we all know that Luke Gallows is confirmed but the jury is still out on the rest of the guys

Luke Gallows
    Gallows has been involved in every one of the Aces and Eights attacks and appears to be a virtual shoe in for the group. Gallows was mentioned by CM Punk during his contract signing with Triple H and Johnny Ass as someone that should not have been released by WWE. His Impostor Kane stint aside, he was a very competent big man and I was surprised when WWE released him for that reason. Drew wrestled in Ring Ka King under the name ”The Outlaw” Isaiah Cash so he has been seen by some TNA officials. Regardless of the name that he uses in TNA, he is certainly a wrestler that I feel deserves to have a chance to run with the ball and being in a faction allows for him to be hidden at times if necessary.

Chris Masters
    Masters is another person, like Gallows, that I mentioned in my picks for Aces and Eights column (found HERE) previously. Chris definately improved a lot in his last WWE stint, a fact that the few people who watched WWE Superstars on their website can attest to, and definately still has youth on his side. He also recently was in the Ring Ka King promotion in India under the name American Adonis, which is seemingly more and more like a proving ground to work for TNA. With an improved workrate and size, the man formerly known as the Masterpeice has at least earned a push to see what he can do with his talent.

Wes Brisco
    Wes, the son of WWE Hall of Famer Gerald Brisco, signed with WWE in 2009 and was released from WWE developmental in June of 2011. When in Florida Championship Wrestling he held the tag team titles with Xavier Woods (aka Consequences Creed). At 5’10″ and 210 pounds, Brisco is perfect for Aces and Eights to invade the X Division. Wes is a natural athlete given both his wrestling family heritage and his professional wakeboarding experience. Although my exposure to Wes in FCW was limited, the segments I have seen give me confidence that he can cut a promo as well. I see the future of the X Division in Wes Brisco.

Mike Knox
    Knox was someone that grew on me in WWE. His burly physique and beard was a great look in my opinion. Knox started in 2000 in California’s Ultimate Pro Wrestling where he had matches with Samoa Joe. If the goal of the group is to continue with gang-like beatdowns, then Knox is a perfect fit for this stable. While I don’t know how his promo ability is, I could see Knox as a tag team wrestler with either Gallows or Masters who could go after and dominate the TNA tag team division.

Jay Bradley
    I thought I would save the person whom I get the most questions about for last. Jay Bradley is best known (and I use that term VERY loosely) for his short run on Smackdown in 2008 as Ryan Braddock. Bradley is 6’4″ and 260 pounds so he definately fits the mould for this gang of thugs. As Jay Bradley, he ran the gambit of WWE developmental from 2005 to 2009 as he competed in Ohio Valley Wrestling, Deep South Wrestling, and Florida Championship Wrestling. Bradley suffered from being part of a large group of Smackdown wrestlers who debuted in the summer of 2008 with absolutely no build up or reason for being on the roster. In fact, his debut match was a loss to the Big Show and I’m not sure he ever won a televised match for WWE. While this makes him sound like and awful jobber, this isn’t the case as I have seen a few of his OVW matches against Paul Burchill and Idol Stevens (now Damien Sandow) and he definately had talent. Bradley will be the biggest X Factor in Aces and Eights, but again, can be properly hidden in a group setting.

The Leader Jeff Jarrett
    Yes, despite the insinuation of James Storm as leader (a twist I love by the way), Jeff Jarrett is still expected to lead this group. The first superstars that Aces and Eights have attacked are Hulk Hogan, Sting, and Kurt Angle. Sting was the TNA authority figure that fired Jarrett and Karen Jarrett so orchastrating an attack on the Stinger makes sense for the revenge. In addition, they can play up the jealousy that Sting is the first TNA Hall of Famer and not the Founder Jeff Jarrett. The fact that Hulk Hogan has taken over as the lead authority figure and figure head of TNA over the past few years is an easy angle to play out on Impact for Jarrett’s motive for attacking the Hulkster. Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett had a long running feud in the company so it is not a stretch in the least for Aces and Eights to attack Kurt.

Source - We Talk Wrestling » A Look At The Proposed Aces and Eights Members

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Lvl 9 - Gold

At least at this point Masters is not a member of A&E, he got a try-out match with TNA a few months back but nothing came of it. He did a tour of Japan and has worked in Puerto Rico but hasn't worked any of the A&E moments thus far.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So we only know 2 members of the Aces N Eights which is Devon as Sgt. At Arms and DOC who was Festus from the WWE.That's all we know.A new rumor came out making Garrett Bischoff a member of the Aces N Eights.
    http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/264319

My Battlelog
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Hozkinz/

Anime and music,other things reasonable to discuss in a good website
    http://www.kotatsulounge.com/forum

myanimelist
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Bioware
    (yes,I formed this as a troll account)

Ice Cream Firefighter

Yay Velvet Sky is back

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013