Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

TNA Impact Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on TNA Impact Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I may be the only one, but Dixie looks pretty good. As for Gail Kim, once Karen said to have ...

The Playboy Wikipedia

I may be the only one, but Dixie looks pretty good. As for Gail Kim, once Karen said to have eyes at the back of your head, I knew that she was gonna return via an ambush.

And as for the World Title debacle, it could have been worse...Chris Harris could be Champion
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    And as for the World Title debacle, it could have been worse...Chris Harris could be Champion
    For me it is less about who is the champion as it is how they became the champion. As far as who Storm is a fine choice, as far as how well in that regard it might as well been Chris Harris winning the title.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Prayer Warrior

i personally was glad to see storm win it. i'm tired of tna doing the same thing over and over and over again. i hope they move forward and do some new stuff with new champs and storylines

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Korean Girl Group Groupie

So the second time this year, TNA has it's heavyweight championship exchange hands in a match that is less than 2 minutes. James Storm with the title is fine, but the way he won it is one of the cheapest most lame title exchanges possible. Want to sell that Kurt Angle is hurt? Fine, but I am pretty damn sure that hurt or not hurt, he could have gone at least a few more minutes than what happened, and made the exchange more credible. The fucking staredown between Bischoff and his son lasted longer than the match did.

I was really looking forward to seeing the exchange, but after watching it, I just don't feel that this does anything for Angle, Storm, or the TNA Championship or their credibility. One stinking superkick to take down Angle... beyond lame, just extremely disappointing.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    So the second time this year, TNA has it's heavyweight championship exchange hands in a match that is less than 2 minutes. James Storm with the title is fine, but the way he won it is one of the cheapest most lame title exchanges possible. Want to sell that Kurt Angle is hurt? Fine, but I am pretty damn sure that hurt or not hurt, he could have gone at least a few more minutes than what happened, and made the exchange more credible. The fucking staredown between Bischoff and his son lasted longer than the match did.

I was really looking forward to seeing the exchange, but after watching it, I just don't feel that this does anything for Angle, Storm, or the TNA Championship or their credibility. One stinking superkick to take down Angle... beyond lame, just extremely disappointing.
    Exactly, I'm not for hot potatoing the belt, but there is no reason they couldn't give it to Roode for one night have him defend Storm in a friendly wager, put on a decent length match, and have Storm walk out with the title- in the process lanting the seed for either man to turn heel and have a future feud. This was just insulting to all involved.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm going to pretend that they wanted to bring Storm into the World title picture somehow at the next PPV. But, when Kurt got injured they had to force him into the title picture. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully Roode or Storm turns heel soon and they start a feud for the title. You know Storm is going to insist Roode gets a shot at some point. As long as Bobby Roode wins the title before Crimson or Jeff Hardy I'm good.

Also, 40 plus minutes of talking and the first match we got was a Knockouts tag match?! Which ends up being a third of the matches. Do you want the company to go under?

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by majiintien View Post
    Also, 40 plus minutes of talking and the first match we got was a Knockouts tag match?! Which ends up being a third of the matches. Do you want the company to go under?
    I could care less about the company going under because I'm too busy saving money on my car insurance! (See what I did there).

As for Storm getting the belt. I like him and his character. However, like Eternalunderdog has been saying. The way he became champ is ridiculous like most things over at TNA. Why spend all this time building Roode only to have him lose and give his tag team partner the title in under two minutes. I can understand if he turned heel after Storm won and attacked him. However, giving storm the belt and having everyone go around celebrating does nothing to progress the story. In fact it only shows that TNA have no clue what they're doing anymore. Not that they ever did.

Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if we soon see Crimson in a loser quits match where he loses and then we never see him again in TNA. That's along the same lines as what they did with Roode.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

The Playboy Wikipedia

My main question I was gonna ask but forgot to ask last night: Bischoff has a son?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    My main question I was gonna ask but forgot to ask last night: Bischoff has a son?
    Yep, Garrett Bischoff. From the looks of it they might be getting ready to push him as a wrestler, not sure how good an idea that is.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Yep, Garrett Bischoff. From the looks of it they might be getting ready to push him as a wrestler, not sure how good an idea that is.
    This is TNA so its an awesome idea! I mean its not like they have anybody else who they could be using right now or even deserves to be given the attention.

The Playboy Wikipedia

And here I was thinking the Devil couldn't foster any children. Guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    This is TNA so its an awesome idea! I mean its not like they have anybody else who they could be using right now or even deserves to be given the attention.
    Yeah man. They can totally build up another TNA original, only to have him lose in his one and only World Title match. Unfortunately, Petey Williams left ages ago. But seriously, TNA doesn't need to build up another person brought in from outside TNA's walls. I'm sure this Bischoff son thing will run its course. And by then, maybe Roode will be Champion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So this past week's Impact was the highest rated of the year, and contained only 7 minutes and 36 seconds of wrestling.

So to break this down, rumors of the title change or people interested in wether Sting or Roode won got old and new fans to tune into the show. Then TNA rewards these new viewers three throwaway matches and a whole lot of talking. So with Dixie Carter touting this weeks ratings I'm curious how she will respond next week when it plummets.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I could care less about the company going under because I'm too busy saving money on my car insurance! (See what I did there).

As for Storm getting the belt. I like him and his character. However, like Eternalunderdog has been saying. The way he became champ is ridiculous like most things over at TNA. Why spend all this time building Roode only to have him lose and give his tag team partner the title in under two minutes. I can understand if he turned heel after Storm won and attacked him. However, giving storm the belt and having everyone go around celebrating does nothing to progress the story. In fact it only shows that TNA have no clue what they're doing anymore. Not that they ever did.

Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if we soon see Crimson in a loser quits match where he loses and then we never see him again in TNA. That's along the same lines as what they did with Roode.
    Seriously though, it was pretty funny.

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty dumb. But, the thought of Hogan having the pull necessary to change the World title picture pisses me off. So, I'm willing to believe a lot of other things. I could still see Roode turning heel at the next PPV. If he faces Storm in the main event.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

You know only TNA can take something that should have been great, James Storm becoming champion for the first time, and just ruin it beyond all.

This show sucked, but that's nothing new. This was one of those extra special episodes that was nothing but talking....

8 MINUTES! 8 MINUTES!! 8 MINUTES!!!

That's my "unofficial" time for how much Total Nonstop Action there was in this 2 HOUR show. And half of that 8 minutes was a f**king Knockouts match, but hey, wrestling matters, right?

I'm really wishing I had forgotten to tape it again this week.

**EDIT**

Oh s**t, we're screwed!

TNA iMPACT! Sets Record Rating - Details - eWrestlingNews.com

Expect more 8 minutes of total wrestling shows in the near future.
    Last edited by The Legend Killer; 10-23-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Okay, I'm gonna put this in spoilers because there may be a few people who want to watch and be "surprised" but I ready this spoiler and I just, I have so little faith left in this company.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

Okay, I'm gonna put this in spoilers because there may be a few people who want to watch and be "surprised" but I ready this spoiler and I just, I have so little faith left in this company.

Toggle Spoiler

Hahahahahahaha. Just when you thought TNA couldn't get any worse they pull this stunt. Then again, it shouldn't come as any surprise because back when they changed their slogan to Wrestling Matters, they featured more talking than ever before. So I guess after Dixie Carter announced that she was going to turn TNA into the best wrestling program in the world last week, this is what happens. She should start saying that they're going to drive TNA into the ground. hat way it will probably get better and if it doesn't, at least she'll be right.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Toggle Spoiler

You know what the sad part is? They're going to get good ratings again this week, and keep doing this crap.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

You know what the sad part is? They're going to get good ratings again this week, and keep doing this crap.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Toggle Spoiler

EDIT:
    Okay I'm not gonna put this in a spoiler so I'll try to be a little vague here. The one person I hadn't really thought about till now was Kurt Angle. After his recent outside the ring antics Angle was really in no position to represent the company. However taking that away Angle has worked in TNA to put over some of the homegrown talent. Now he doesn't always have a great outing or put them over as well as one might think he could, but he does do it. So the title change to Storm makes Angle look really bad if you didn't know Hogan had a hand in it. To the uninformed it almost looks like Angle didn't want to put Roode over and thus used James as a transitional champ so he wouldn't have to job to Roode.
    And while I still think Angle isn't the best guy to carry things, I don't think he was backstage making waves over losing to Roode.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Really don't know how to advance storylines well in TNA do they. What f**king sense does Roode turning heel make. You know it would have made more sense for it to happen last week on Impact in the way of Roode costing Storm the title. That would have worked a million times better. If they're going for the "envy" angle, they have failed miserably.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast