Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

2012 Olympics chat

This is a discussion on 2012 Olympics chat within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Here we will just discuss everything having to do with the 2012 Olympics. I will start by saying congrats to ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Mocha_Man81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    1

    2012 Olympics chat

    Here we will just discuss everything having to do with the 2012 Olympics. I will start by saying congrats to USA basketball for winning the exhibition game yesterday! They're team seems damn near unbeatable with the players they have.


    -Currently Fixing Completion Rate!-

  2. #2
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,353
    Reputation
    292




  3. #3
    Needz Trophy Card
    Pope Bodicus I's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    463
    Reputation
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    im glad you showed this i would like to see the other side so i can make an informed opinion. interesting how the lesbian journalist defined "regeneration".
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

  4. #4
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    1.06 - 1.08 What he meant to say was.. We don't give a fuck about the Olympics

    Sig by Smashguy

  5. #5
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,042
    Reputation
    176

    Ill watch the australians in the opening ceremony and thats bout it

    Sig by Apokolypz



  6. #6
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha_Man81 View Post
    Here we will just discuss everything having to do with the 2012 Olympics. I will start by saying congrats to USA basketball for winning the exhibition game yesterday! They're team seems damn near unbeatable with the players they have.
    USA have a winning basketball team because they are the only country that really plays basketball we used to but nobody cares for it here

    USA - champions in basketball & baseball & boxing
    Europe - champions in soccer & cricket & weightlifting
    Australia - champions in swimming & cycling & marathons
    South Africa - champions in track & field

    & so on each country has their things that they excel in & some they don't


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  7. #7
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,042
    Reputation
    176

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post

    USA - champions in basketball & baseball & boxing
    Europe - champions in soccer & cricket & weightlifting
    Australia - champions in swimming & cycling & marathons
    South Africa - champions in track & field
    I didnt know that cricket was in the olympics...however im pretty sure australia is one of the best teams in the world

    Sig by Apokolypz



  8. #8
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I didnt know that cricket was in the olympics...however im pretty sure australia is one of the best teams in the world
    nah they're shit, we're gonna own you guys

    Sig by Smashguy

  9. #9
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    USA have a winning basketball team because they are the only country that really plays basketball we used to but nobody cares for it here

    USA - champions in basketball & baseball & boxing
    Europe - champions in soccer & cricket & weightlifting
    Australia - champions in swimming & cycling & marathons
    South Africa - champions in track & field

    & so on each country has their things that they excel in & some they don't

    Asia are the continent to beat for weightlifting. They had 12 of 15 golds from the last Olympics.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  10. #10
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Asia are the continent to beat for weightlifting. They had 12 of 15 golds from the last Olympics.
    they probably did!! cricket ain't in it either I really don't follow the summer games as we see this kind of stuff all the time here but I love the winter games they to me are artists not athletes & its jaw dropping to watch someone fly through the air with 2 pieces of wood & a couple of sticks or watching the 4 man bobsled love it


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  11. #11
    My Own Worst Enemy
    Self_Saboteur-'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UoK,KY
    Posts
    283
    Reputation
    26

    In response to the video,

    Nice, Its a one stop shop for all your Olympic and Radioactive material needs.
    What Freaking (genius) thought that was a good idea?


    (Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)


  12. #12
    #cutformesa
    Hitmon133's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    491
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    USA have a winning basketball team because they are the only country that really plays basketball we used to but nobody cares for it here

    USA - champions in basketball & baseball & boxing
    Europe - champions in soccer & cricket & weightlifting
    Australia - champions in swimming & cycling & marathons
    South Africa - champions in track & field

    & so on each country has their things that they excel in & some they don't
    Europe isn't a country, though more than likely some European country will win it I'm not sure about USA winning basketball. I don't really follow it at all but I was under the impression that China were better for some reason.




    - PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

  13. #13
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmon133 View Post
    Europe isn't a country, though more than likely some European country will win it I'm not sure about USA winning basketball. I don't really follow it at all but I was under the impression that China were better for some reason.
    Homecrowd advantage is a big thing so even though i'm a Auzzie i'm going to say that England themselves will be the team to beat because they will be pushing themselves harder than any other team it worked with Sydney we dominated 2000


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  14. #14
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    I just hope North Korea doesn't medal this year but I will be cheering for the U.S and Japan again this year.

  15. #15
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    they probably did!! cricket ain't in it either I really don't follow the summer games as we see this kind of stuff all the time here but I love the winter games they to me are artists not athletes & its jaw dropping to watch someone fly through the air with 2 pieces of wood & a couple of sticks or watching the 4 man bobsled love it
    I looked up the results. LOL China had the most, followed by South Korea. If she is in it this year, the women's 75KG+ rep for South Korea is the world and olympic record holder in everything.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  16. #16
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Currywrath88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    156
    Reputation
    9

    HAH, Phelps failed to Medal in the 400 IM....Least US finally got a gold...

    Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

  17. #17
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by Currywrath88 View Post
    HAH, Phelps failed to Medal in the 400 IM....Least US finally got a gold...
    The thing with Michael Phelps, is he comes off as such an uncaring douche. I don't understand how anybody can find the guy likable or marketable - yet the dude has endorsements coming out of his ass, yet any time he talks or sits down he acts completely uninterested and sometimes down right rude to whoever is talking to him - and he treats his gifts and talents and the sport that made him so famous and rich like it's a burden and that it something that should be shunned.

    It's so hard to route for a guy like that, who acts like a petulant child.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  18. #18
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Currywrath88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    156
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The thing with Michael Phelps, is he comes off as such an uncaring douche. I don't understand how anybody can find the guy likable or marketable - yet the dude has endorsements coming out of his ass, yet any time he talks or sits down he acts completely uninterested and sometimes down right rude to whoever is talking to him - and he treats his gifts and talents and the sport that made him so famous and rich like it's a burden and that it something that should be shunned.

    It's so hard to route for a guy like that, who acts like a petulant child.
    He is a douche. That's the main problem I have with him. I don't know if fame has gone to his head, is disinterested in the olympics, or just isn't the same as he once was, but his super-douche attitude bothers me...I rooted for him in Beijing, since he's a Baltimore native (I've a soft spot for Baltimore...) but he's really dropping the ball. I wonder if race is a foreshadow of things to come?

    I'm just more irritate China is taking the gold in everything right now...

    Looks like you need my help--Again...
    Games Beaten: 434 (As of March 7, 2014)

  19. #19
    The Playboy Wikipedia
    Ewok_3000's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    1,148
    Reputation
    52

    The only real chance NZ has for getting gold will be with the Rowing and the Shot Put. That is until Rugby Sevens gets into the Olympics in 2016.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

    Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

  20. #20
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Constant catch-up for the US so far, with China always being a step ahead in the medal count (and way ahead in Golds). I think once the track and field and group play team sports work their way through, the US should be in front by quite a lot, but got to give China their respect in how well they have done when the favorites, and pulling off a few upsets.

    South Korea is hanging in strong in the fourth spot, and North Korea is in the fifth - if only the country wasn't divided, they'd be third. I am surprised by how much TV coverage South Korea is getting (during the first few days, it seemed like they were playing against the US in almost everything though).

    Phelps is now the record holder of all-time medals, with the USA's most recent win in the 4x 200m Freestyle Relay. Only a few more days of swimming, then he can fulfill his goal of being a stoner beatnik. Go get 'em tiger, and remember your lifetime supply of free five dollar foot longs card from Subway whenever you have the munchies.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO