Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; WOW Saints win a thriller, Giants win a epic, colts and vikes win Titans get 4th down pass Td from ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

WOW Saints win a thriller, Giants win a epic, colts and vikes win Titans get 4th down pass Td from hasselbeck to stun bills, Texans smash ravens horrid defense packers win and my Cowboys get a much needed win, now time go watch Jets @ Pats
    Last edited by jarethgeason; 10-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Final scores from late games

Oakland win 26-23 over Jags in OT who played much of game with out MJD and Blaine Gabbert who was playing well whilst backup Chad Henne was average considering very little practice , big win for Oakland keeping them in AFC West race and i though Carson Palmer played very well also i believe Jags would've won without the costly injuries i also see improvement coming for Jacksonville in the coming weeks much like the Browns

And the game i saw Pats 29-26 over Jets who in my opinion should have and could've won the game if not for big drops and a fumble in OT

p.s Sebastian Janikowski missed a 64yrd field goal with 6seconds left in 4th quarter short which would've broken record for longest field goal

Now off to watch SNF Steelers @ Bengals and i picked the steelers to win in a close one
    Last edited by jarethgeason; 10-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well final from SNF and i as predicted steelers do enough and get a big win, now looking ahead to MNF where the Bears coming off the bye will be to strong for the Lions

News Team

And I can breathe again. Good job Steelers (even though we are only 3-3 now)

Toggle Spoiler

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

The Pats always run out of gas in the 4th, the Jets should have never caught up but it always happens, every single game. I'm just glad we got away this time. Especially since it was a divisional match up. THANK GOD for Ninkovich who is truly underrated. & I LOVE when the team is in throwback!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

DON'T BLINK

Does Stafford even know he's playing tonight?

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

DON'T BLINK

Hey Statfford, you have a little something in your visor. Also, does somebody want to draw Detroit a map to the endzone? They can't seem to find it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well after MNF it shows that the Bears are one of the best teams in the league and have also a top d to, whilst Detroit still got work to do this year

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well here's my week 8 tips

Vikings over Bucs
    Patriots over Rams
    Steelers over Redskins
    Lions over Seahawks
    Bears over Panthers
    Packers over Jags
    Jets over Dolphins
    Chargers over Browns
    Titans over Colts
    Falcons over Eagles
    Raiders over Kansas City Chiefs
    My Cowboys over Giants
    Saints over Broncos
    49ERS over Cardinals

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well what a shock win tonight by the Bucs, would've never ever have thought that they had any chance of winning, but a big win keeping them close to second in NFC South

DON'T BLINK

As a Bears fan, thanks Tampa Bay!

Also, I had the Bucs as the winner in my work pick'em league... was the only one! Woo Hoo!

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Well here's my week 8 tips

Vikings over Bucs
    Patriots over Rams
    Steelers over Redskins
    Lions over Seahawks
    Bears over Panthers
    Packers over Jags
    Jets over Dolphins
    Chargers over Browns
    Titans over Colts
    Falcons over Eagles
    Raiders over Kansas City Chiefs
    My Cowboys over Giants
    Saints over Broncos
    49ERS over Cardinals

We differ A LOT this week.

Patriots and Steelers we agree on. Seahawks top Lions. Bears we agree. Packers school Jags so we agree. Dolphins (Most underrated team in the league imo) beat Jets. Browns over Chargers (My upset game of the week).Titans we agree. Eagles edge Falcons. Raiders we agree. Cowboys and Saints will not only both lose but both will be blown out. We also agree on 49ers over Cardinals.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

DON'T BLINK

Ugly win. Very very very very very fucking ugly.
    But it's still a win and I'll take it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Early game results

Bears 23 panthers 22
    Browns 7 Chargers 6
    Lions 28 Seahawks 24
    Packers 24 Jags 15
    Colts 19 Titans 13 OT
    Patriots 45 Rams 7
    Dolphins 30 Jets 9
    Falcons 30 Eagles 17
    Steelers 27 Redskins 12

My thoughts after the early games Chargers very very poor, Redskins dropped 12 passes, falcons still unbeaten and the best, the Bears win d with there "6" pick 6, Dolphins are legit, Patriots do it easy even in London, Colts win a great game in OT, Jags very competitive in hard fought loss over the Packers and in game i watched Lions just the master of the 4th quarter in there big win, now off to watch my Cowboys win

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Patriots 45 Rams 7

BTW, the Rams were up 7-0 early. LMAO

Well the positive thing about the Bears game is that they played as horribly as they could and still pulled it out of their ass. LOL

Speaking of horribly, how bad is this Giants/Dallas game going to get?

**EDIT**

Speaking, again, of horrible...

Pittsburgh Steelers give us a new era of uniform horribleness | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    We differ A LOT this week.

Patriots and Steelers we agree on. Seahawks top Lions. Bears we agree. Packers school Jags so we agree. Dolphins (Most underrated team in the league imo) beat Jets. Browns over Chargers (My upset game of the week).Titans we agree. Eagles edge Falcons. Raiders we agree. Cowboys and Saints will not only both lose but both will be blown out. We also agree on 49ers over Cardinals.

Damn. Really thought that the Seahawks were going to hold on on that one. I'm also super surprised that the Titans didn't pull through. Can't say I'm uber shocked that the Falcons beat Philly but I was taking into account that Philly came off a bye and people there need to have that "I'm playing for my job mentality" but I guess that just wasn't the case. Giants look to be destroying as I thought they would. Just need Denver, Oakland, and San Fran to come through and I had a pretty decent week in picks.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 5 - Silver

final scores from late games

Giants 29 Cowboys 24
    Raiders 26 Chiefs 16

my thoughts that my Cowboys played well after poor start and could have won that game and Raiders firmly in the battle for the AFC West whilst the chiefs still got a lot of work to do and i thought Matt Cassel actually played well today, now of to watch SNF

Lvl 6 - Silver

Mr. Jerry Jones, is that you? Don't you have more important things to worry about than posting about your football club on a website that has virtually nothing to do with sports?

Now onto the pertinent, topical comments:

The Jets played like a combination of "can't wait to get out of town and enjoy our bye" and "desperately want to get out of town before the fat fraud of a New Jersey governor tries to draft us to work emergency hurricane operations". They were dreadful today.... and I'm sure that's going to start another media-driven chorus of "We want Tebow!" even though Tebow isn't the solution to the Jets' problems -- for that matter, quarterback is so far down the list of Jets' problems that addressing it in lieu of the real problems is the whole "re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic" proverb. I'll expand at greater length at another time if anyone has specific questions as to what I personally think is wrong with the Jets and what solutions might be.

Today was the first game the Jets lost this season that I thought they should have won ahead of time. I've now lost confidence in my prediction that the Jets can make a 6-2/5-3 post-bye run and sneak into the playoffs at 10-6/9-7.

The Giants nearly blew a game the Dallas Cowboys had no right being close in. Sure, the Cowboys made a run, took a lead, and nearly won things on a Hail Mary, but a team has no rights being close in a football game where they turn the ball over six times.

We're halfway through the season, and the Kansas City Chiefs have yet to lead a game that is "in progress" -- their only lead so far this season was on the game-winning OT field goal against the Saints. And what does it say about the Saints that they've lost to Carolina and Kansas City (0-12 against everyone else), barely beat hapless San Diego and needed a favorable rules interpretation to avoid OT against Tampa Bay?

Finally, Seattle is a fraud. They're incapable of winning a game away from Qwest Field, and that means they aren't going anywhere this season. Eight wins isn't getting anyone into the NFC playoffs, and I see no particular reason why anyone should think they can win ANY of their remaining road games.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well Broncos win and P Manning continues to look like himself whilst Saints d is the problem, now waiting for tomorrows NFC West matchup

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well a day after MNF and it's clear that the 49ERS are the best team in the NFC West and that the Cardinals really miss kolb and so badly need to get a running game going, now looking ahead to week 9

p.s congrats to Blaine Gabbert on his 1st 300yrd passing game of his career, he actually starting to look like a starting quaterback and also steelers don't ever wear that throwback uniform again!

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast