Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I'm glad I hopped on the Falcons bandwagon before the year started.. xD Go.. Falcons! >_> *cough* Pats4Life....

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm glad I hopped on the Falcons bandwagon before the year started.. xD
    Go.. Falcons! >_>

*cough* Pats4Life.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

DON'T BLINK

I really don't get why everyone swings from Atlanta's nuts. They barely do enough just to get by. They will fizzle out in the post season again, like they always do.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Yes and No. Yes we can stop thinking about it.. for now. Offseason though... Fitzgerald is clearly not happy and will most likely want out at the end of the season. Bears should (imo) give up a first round and Hester, get Fitzgerald and then spend the rest of the draft working on their O line.
    Do the Bears even have the salary cap space to swing this sort of deal, or would they have to cut a bunch of players to make it work? I recall hearing that Brian Urlacher (among others) has his contract end after this year, and Jay Cutler is due a new deal in two.... so it might not be feasible for the Bears to import a(nother) high-priced WR with their current roster.

Also, can Arizona even trade Fitzgerald without killing themselves with dead cap space from amortized signing bonuses? If I recall correctly, he's near the start of a long-term deal, which means they'd take a cap hit north of $20 million just to trade him.

In any event, Larry Fitzgerald doesn't have a whole lot of leverage. He asked for a gaudy new deal and he got it.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wow just wow i thought my Cowboys were the laughing stock of the NFL now after watching MNF you find out that award goes to the Eagles, just so stunned they played so poor, thought they would have won and Saints get big win to stay in battle for wildcard berth

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Wow just wow i thought my Cowboys were the laughing stock of the NFL now after watching MNF you find out that award goes to the Eagles, just so stunned they played so poor, thought they would have won and Saints get big win to stay in battle for wildcard berth
    Dallas isn't a laughing stock. People just like to see them fall on their faces. As far as the Eagles, some of it is Vick but that o-line doesnt help. Getting killed on backside and being forced to make hurried decisions. Either way, Eagles are a mess.

For laghingstock, I nominate the KC Chiefs. When you haven't led in a game, just give up.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    For laughing stock, I nominate the KC Chiefs. When you haven't led in a game, just give up.
    My "laughingstock" vote goes to my Browns AND my Eagles. I knew the Browns were gonna be bad, but Philly!? REALLY?

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Seems like perhaps Vick has lost it? Could make the argument about the O Line though, and being a Bears fan, even at 7-1 I can relate to bad O Line's. The Bears O Line as constructed currently is still a huge cause for concern.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Vick's problems are threefold:

* His offensive line sucks. Really sucks.... almost to the point where Wayne Hunter might be an upgrade.

* Philly's play-calling leaves a LOT to be desired. They run the ball effectively, but they tend to get away from that and go all pass-happy because Vick has a rocket arm and the Eagles have good receivers.

* Vick's ball security also leaves a lot to be desired. He tries to force throws, and he isn't wonderful at protecting the football when he's going to get hit.

I've used many of the same arguments to defend Mark Sanchez this year and last. I don't think Vick is the real problem, here, but changing quarterbacks is often a "quick fix" to appease the peanut gallery.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    My "laughingstock" vote goes to my Browns AND my Eagles. I knew the Browns were gonna be bad, but Philly!? REALLY?
    I wouldn't put the Browns in the laughingstock group. Yea, their record isn't good but they have been competitive in their games. This with starting a rookie QB ( regardless of age) and a rookie RB, not to mention without a solid receiving corps. D has been pretty good too.
    As far as Vick goes, I put some of it on the O-line, some on Vick for trying to do too much and the rest on the coaches. Just seems like that team has no confidence or motivation.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Plats-O'-War!!

I wouldn't put the Browns in the laughingstock group. Yea, their record isn't good but they have been competitive in their games. This with starting a rookie QB ( regardless of age) and a rookie RB, not to mention without a solid receiving corps. D has been pretty good too.
    Yeah, but look at their time since they came back into the league. THAT'S what I'm talking about!! (Don't even count that '07 season. It was a fluke, and maybe you could count that '02 season, but it's a tossup).

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Yeah, but look at their time since they came back into the league. THAT'S what I'm talking about!! (Don't even count that '07 season. It was a fluke, and maybe you could count that '02 season, but it's a tossup).
    Fair enough. I was talking just this year but I see your point.

Philly should give up on Vick & Reid already, truly overrated people in the NFL today. Any other QB would have lost his job by now but no this is Vick guys. Remember him?

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Supposedly this is Reid's last season if you base it off of Lawrie's comments in the offseason about making improvements. I agree on both. Only reason Reid is still around is because of prior success. If it is Reid's final year, you think Peyton could/should be a canidate?

Plats-O'-War!!

Supposedly this is Reid's last season if you base it off of Lawrie's comments in the offseason about making improvements. I agree on both. Only reason Reid is still around is because of prior success. If it is Reid's final year, you think Peyton could/should be a canidate?
    It wouldn't surprise me if they went that route.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Here's my Week 10 Tips

Colts Over Jags
    Bucs over Chargers
    Dolphins over Titans
    Patriots over Bills
    Ravens over Raiders
    Broncos over Panthers
    Giants over Bengals
    Vikings over Lions
    Falcons over Saints
    Seahawks over Jets
    My Cowboys over Eagles
    49ERS over Rams
    Bears over Texans
    Steelers over Chiefs

Lvl 6 - Silver

Insofar as the "laughingstock" discussion, the Kansas City Chiefs are in a realm entirely their own, well beyond everyone else. They've played eight complete games and there's yet to be a snap in one of them wherein the Chiefs held the lead. You have to go back to 1989 to find a team that had a worse turnover differential through eight games. And I vaguely recall seeing a statistic last week that stated Kansas City has not had a QB drafted by their franchise stand and win a game for the Chiefs since 1985 -- apologies for the inability to back it up, but I had other things on my mind when I came across that tidbit (such as trying to keep warm because I lost power for a whole week after Hurricane Sandy).

The Chiefs have already gone through two quarterbacks this season without much in the way of satisfaction in either. The Chiefs look to be on a collision course with the #1 overall pick in next spring's draft, which is a draft without a consensus/bonafide #1 pick. I'd guess the Chiefs will likely clean house after the season -- coach, general manager, quarterback, and a lot of other players. The Chiefs' top offensive player -- WR Dwayne Bowe, who their new QB could really use as to have one viable pass-catching target -- will leave in free agency or get slapped with a franchise tag and hold out.

Sure, the Eagles will clean house this off-season, but they've been a (very) good team for quite some time now, even if the results the last year or two have been worrisome. Sure, the Browns appear to be a mess -- and a mid-season change in ownership and the front office doesn't help -- but they at least appear to be set on a more prosperous path going forward. The Chiefs have more dysfunction than both of them put together.

If it is Reid's final year, you think Peyton could/should be a canidate?
    Assuming Sean Payton doesn't sign an extension in New Orleans, he will have his choice of landing spots. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if teams fired their own head coaches (who would otherwise be secure -- e.g. Washington) if they thought there was a chance to land him.

The only way I think Payton would consider Philly is if he thinks Michael Vick (and the rest of the personnel) is the answer in Philadelphia, and that the problem lies in other areas. I don't see that as a particularly likely scenario.... if Andy Reid gets fired, I think Michael Vick gets cut so the team can move in an entirely new direction and unhindered by Vick's massive contract.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well after watching TNF

It's very clear that this Colts team is in a good position looking forward, playoffs very much achievable

For the Jags in parts tonight they looked good, i really am still waiting for the big high draft pick wr Blackmon to actually do something, Cecil Shorts looks like a top 20 wr in the league and liked the emotion shown in parts by Murlarkey tonight

P.S Henne played well tonight coming in for Gabbert but it doesn't mean there is Qb controversy

Week 10 picks.

Colts @ Jaguars.
    Chargers @ Buccaneers.
    Titans @ Dolphins.
    Bills @ Patriots.
    Raiders @ Ravens.
    Broncos @ Panthers.
    Giants @ Bengals.
    Lions @ Vikings.
    Falcons @ Saints.
    Jets @ Seahawks.
    Cowboys @ Eagles.
    Rams @ 49ers.
    Texans @ Bears.
    Chiefs @ Steelers.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Well after watching TNF

It's very clear that this Colts team is in a good position looking forward, playoffs very much achievable

Yeah, it looks like Luck will be the goods. We'll see how he progresses, especially next year. That second year is always vital to what kind of QB a guy is going to be.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post

Yeah, it looks like Luck will be the goods. We'll see how he progresses, especially next year. That second year is always vital to what kind of QB a guy is going to be.

One only has to look at Cam or Tebow for that truth.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast