Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by The Legend Killer Yeah, it looks like Luck will be the goods. We'll see how he progresses, ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Yeah, it looks like Luck will be the goods. We'll see how he progresses, especially next year. That second year is always vital to what kind of QB a guy is going to be.
    That goes for lots of players, not just quarterbacks. Once there's a fair amount of video on a guy, smart coaches and co-ordinators can gameplan to take advantage of said player's weaknesses and minimize their strengths most of the time.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

DON'T BLINK

A good day so far. Detroit lost. Atlanta lost. Houston??? *Fingers crossed*

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Like I said sometime last weekend, VICK is the most overrated player ever. BOOT his ass already, any other QB would have been gone. That said, FUCK YEAH NICK FOLES, good job!

As for my team itself, I did not get to watch but from what I've read.. another nail bitting end game rally from our opponents, don't know how much more I can handle. I really hope that Bucs player can pick things up for us, Pats4Life.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Up the Irons!

I'm watching the Cowboys v Eagles game. I'm hoping Dallas loses.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wow some interesting early/ late games

Giants play terrible in loss to Bengals
    Likewise for Miami in loss to Titans
    Vikings get big win over Detroit
    Ravens destroy Raiders, loved the punter running it in for a td
    Saints hand Falcons first loss
    Patriots just hang on with big pick with under 30seconds left in win over Bills
    Broncos get job done in Carolina
    Bucs win over Chargers, 1 stupid throw from rivers which became pick six doing the damage
    Seahawks beat abysmal Jets, might be time for Tebow
    My Cowboys get massive win over Eagles
    and Rams $49ERS play a draw!!!

Currently watching SNF!

40oz to freedom

DA TEXANS

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post
    DA TEXANS
    Not cool bro, not cool at all

Monica Rial #1 Fan

No that's about right, as far as the Bears offense goes. I can attribute some of the early turnovers to the weather and conditions, but bottom line is the defense did all they could do, but you can't possibly expect them to score in every damn game. At some point the offense needs to step up. Completely anemic is what they were tonight. I know Cutler got a concussion and it wasn't surprising considering the shot he took that caused it, and I hope to god he'll be okay, but you can't tell me that you couldn't have Campbell throw down the field more. Oh and can we please have some tight ends that can actually catch the damn ball?

Teams are now mocking the Bears with the field position. They are squib kicking because they have all the confidence in the world that even on a short field the Bears are not going to sustain a drive long enough to hurt them.

The offense was supposed to be the strong point for the team this year, and the defense was where all the question marks were at, well seems we were all wrong.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

my cowboys won today. Thank God. my playoff hopes are alive one more week lol. now we need to win the next game and hope the giants lose next week

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well what a scrappy SNF game it was to watch, Texans just do enough to come away with win, who thinks bears would've won if Cutler had not left with concussion

Looking forward to a blow-out in MNF

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    my cowboys won today. Thank God. my playoff hopes are alive one more week lol. now we need to win the next game and hope the giants lose next week
    They way my Giants had looked in the last three games, that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Well what a scrappy SNF game it was to watch, Texans just do enough to come away with win, who thinks bears would've won if Cutler had not left with concussion

Looking forward to a blow-out in MNF
    I was disappointing with the SNF game, but I'm going to skip the MNF for the sake of avoiding the woeful Chiefs.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Why are the Chiefs so damn prominent? Oh yeah, forgot, everyone thought they were gonna be good.

I also see that my Bears next opponent didn't win or lose yesterday. They tied. LOL

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Why are the Chiefs so damn prominent? Oh yeah, forgot, everyone thought they were gonna be good.

I also see that my Bears next opponent didn't win or lose yesterday. They tied. LOL
    I'm fuzzy on the whole concussion thing.. isn't that if a players suffer one, they automatically miss the next game? At first I was all like "well shit, Cutler's out for the Niners game"... then I remembered that Smith is out as well And, imo, our backup is better than Niners backup.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I'm fuzzy on the whole concussion thing.. isn't that if a players suffer one, they automatically miss the next game? At first I was all like "well shit, Cutler's out for the Niners game"... then I remembered that Smith is out as well And, imo, our backup is better than Niners backup.
    Not a Niners fan by any means, but Colin Kaepernick is somebody I would much rather have than Jason Campbell. I don't think I've seen an entire game yet by Campbell in which he doesn't "check out" at some point or another. Kaepernick is a beast with his feet, and having Harbaugh coach him on playing QB is only going to positive things for the kid and his decision making (which is probably his biggest weakness at this point).

I think the Niners have the edge in the QB back-up talk, and to me as a person who say every snap of Campbell's in Oakland and a few when he was in Washington, wouldn't stand too firmly behind the guy. But then again, Chicago hasn't had a viable backup in recent memory, so Campbell just feels like a godsend.

--

Broncos are rolling now, but I am not too high on the team yet. The defense still needs to learn to show up early and stop giving Peyton Manning holes to dig out of. Next week we get the Chargers again, and a win pretty much clinches the division already, and with the way Philip Rivers seems to be throwing away handout interceptions like they're free samples in a supermarket, I am not too down on our chances. Chargers almost always play us hard, but this team has looked broken since... well we beat them in that second half shellacking we gave them.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well another game lost..still my team..Cam threw 2 picks..although the second one should have been caught..ohh well...at least i can say that Denver got 7 of those points given to them by the refs......That punt return WAS NOT a TD..i.e DeShawn Jackson when he threw the football forward before he crossed the endzone...

PRO Member

Please tell me you joking! Not that Kapernick is that good but hes got some game though. Cambell doesnt even belong on a football field. Now Im not saying that the Niners will win. Bears D will do what they do Win football games as long as they stop Gore and Kapernick from running well. Niners D has been suspect the last couple weeks so all Cambell has to do just work with the run game and maybe throw the ball up to Marshall a few times.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    They way my Giants had looked in the last three games, that might happen.
    I can guarantee you the Giants won't lose this weekend -- they have a bye. Beyond that.... it's November, a month where the Giants traditionally do not play very well in recent years. They have a tendency to start fast, hit a very rough patch around this point on the calendar, and then pick things back up in December.

I'm not shocked they got beaten in Cincinnati. If they had won that game, however, I would have used this space to predict them taking the #1 overall seed in the NFC. Were they only two games back of Atlanta (and a head-to-head meeting upcoming), I think they could have made up the deficit and claimed the top seed considering they already hold the tiebreak against San Francisco. Being three games back with six to play, not so much.

The rule regarding concussions is that the players must pass certain neurological tests to the satisfaction of an independent, league-appointed doctor. All players take a "baseline" test early in the pre-season, and that's what is used as a measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    "Your" Cowboys didn't win that game as much as the Eagles threw it away. The Dallas offense put up a measly 17 points against a woeful Philadelphia defense, and needed their own defense and special teams to bail them out. That sort of performance against a half-decent (or good) team will probably result in a loss.

Let's not pretend the Cowboys are playoff contenders. They're two games back in the division and in the wild card, and they'll probably need to finish 6-1 to make it into the postseason. Considering this is a franchise that has rolled over and played dead more often than not in December, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Seahawks beat abysmal Jets, might be time for Tebow
    It's only Tebow Time if you're an idiot who doesn't watch the Jets, someone who judges the team solely based on their record, or one of the national media/fanboys who want to do things to Tim Tebow that his religion would never permit him to accept.

No, Mark Sanchez did not play a good game -- both the interception and the fumble yesterday were completely on him and he didn't play a wonderful game even outside that. At the same time, the new idiot offensive co-ordinator hasn't a clue what he's doing. When the Jets actually have a better-than-decent running game going, he keeps interrupting things by calling a ton of passes or playing musical quarterbacks. Not only doesn't this let Sanchez get into rhythm, but the whole Tebow/Wildcat thing isn't fooling anyone. Unlike other teams who have that sort of package in their playbook, the Jets are using it with a player who isn't going to be on the field under any other circumstances. It's simply changing quarterbacks and there isn't any surprise to it at all. Tebow just isn't a particularly accurate quarterback to begin with, so teams aren't really going to hedge against the throw.

Beyond that, the Jets are the only team in the League that don't use a bunch of easy throws to bump up their QB's completion percentage and build his confidence. Watch just about anyone else, and you'll see a plethora of bubble screens, quick hitches, swing passes, shovel passes, et cetera.... all passes that are easy to complete and generate some yardage because there isn't any real way for a defense to prevent them. Combine that with the whole musical quarterbacks shtick -- for example, pulling Sanchez for a Tebow play after Mark's best pass of the day (the improvised 32-yard downfield catch-and-run by Dustin Keller when it was still 14-7 in the 4th) and screwing up his rhythm -- and it's no wonder that the Jets are struggling offensively. The lack of playmakers on the offense simply makes it worse.

(/rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Like I said sometime last weekend, VICK is the most overrated player ever. BOOT his ass already, any other QB would have been gone. That said, FUCK YEAH NICK FOLES, good job!
    I put Mike Vick in the same boat as Mark Sanchez, wherein he's only a small part of the problem. There are so many things wrong with the Eagles' offense that it's unfair to pick one guy and make him the scapegoat. A quarterback change in Philadelphia will be the same thing as re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic after the big boat hit the iceberg. Vick won't be back in Philly next year (neither will Andy Reid for that matter), but that's a money situation and not an effectiveness situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sithlorddallas View Post
    Well another game lost..still my team..Cam threw 2 picks..although the second one should have been caught..ohh well...at least i can say that Denver got 7 of those points given to them by the refs......That punt return WAS NOT a TD..i.e DeShawn Jackson when he threw the football forward before he crossed the endzone...
    Let's not blame one play for Carolina's ineptitude. With a little more than five minutes to play, Carolina was in a situation where they had been outscored by (or scored as much as) Denver's offense, Denver's defense, and Denver's special teams. That takes a tremendous amount of suckitude in any game where you've actually scored points.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I initially wanted the Chiefs to win tonight's game but after watching these nimrods kill themselves with the group celebration on a TD that got overturned, a 10-10 tie would be just fine with me.

PRO Member

Assuming Roethlisberger's (sp?) is serious, do you think that Steelers are in trouble? Leftwich isnt bad but isnt good but atleast he is a decent, veteran backup. Also, which backup is more suited to lead their team to the playoffs/further if these concussions are worse than initially thought or there is a setback? Campell or Kapernick? (I'm not including the Eagles. Will take a miracle for them to get in). I lean towards Campbell. Granted, not the best but you could do much worse. He atleast has NFL experience, a TD/INT of 74-50 and an QB rating of 82.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wow Chiefs finally get there first lead of the year in regulation but eventually lose to a steelers team who lost Big Ben to injury in the 3rd, Leftwhich did a nice job as backup and nice running from dwyer tonight, for the Chiefs same old story big day for Charles with 100yrds rushing and always like watching the tough yards hillis gets with that awsome looking helmet

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast